Agoraphobic, Is It Over For Me?

dev0id

:ninja

I mean, the guidelines to Peat in this forum have helped me a lot.

But... I mean. I can't left the house.

I'm taking cypro and vistaril, but when I try to go out the anxiety is overwhelming, insane. No one else seems to be a social anxious train wreck like me.

I've withdrew klonopin several months ago, I've read the stoics, I've de-constructed my thoughts about life and angst but it doesn't get better

It's over?

tara

:welcome devOid

It's never over till it's over. :)

I don't know much about agoraphobia specifically, but I have some ideas that may or may not be relevant for you. There are people here who are likely to want to help, and maybe there will be some who understand your situation better. You'll likely get a mixture of advice - it's up to you to figure out what you can use.
Don't tell any personal detail you don't want to reveal. But ...

Do you have friends or family you have regular contact with, or very isolated?

Do you want to tell us what you have tried so far?

Do you want to tell us what and how much you are eating? If you are deficient in particular nutrients, that may contribute to anxiety.

Are you living somewhere where you can get some sunshine, either through a window or without having to venture too far out of your current comfort zone?

How's your breathing? Is it relaxed, nasal, diaphragmatic? I wonder if you have some habitual anxiety related hyperventilation going on - panic attacks often (always?) involve hyperventilation, and I'm wondering if this is part of what might be getting you? Hyperventilation lowers CO2. CO2 tends to help keep nerves calm. Sometimes just holding the breath briefly a few times can help bring CO2 up. Sometimes it's easier if you can move while you do it.

Have you got a way to use your body powerfully at home? I wonder whether some strong exercise - eg body exercises in your living room for starters - could be useful for building courage?

I imagine there may be some old fear hanging on - sounds as though you've taken a look at it. I don't know where you live, but is there objectively at least a good chance you will survive when you do go out?

Anything that helps you laugh or shake can help remove some fear. Likely better with company.

Take care.

OP
D

dev0id

tara said:
post 116931 :welcome devOid

It's never over till it's over. :)

I don't know much about agoraphobia specifically, but I have some ideas that may or may not be relevant for you. There are people here who are likely to want to help, and maybe there will be some who understand your situation better. You'll likely get a mixture of advice - it's up to you to figure out what you can use.
Don't tell any personal detail you don't want to reveal. But ...

Do you have friends or family you have regular contact with, or very isolated?

Neither friends nor family, I live alone.

Do you want to tell us what and how much you are eating? If you are deficient in particular nutrients, that may contribute to anxiety.

Do you want to tell us what you have tried so far?

Well, I eat 3000 calories a day... I eat potatoes, rice, fruits, a liter of milk, chocolate, butter, coconut oil, a carrot, sugar and beef with gelatin. Liver every 3 days. Sometimes popcorn made with guee (butter) with more butter on the top :P

Tried propranolol, took it for 4 months, worsened my symptoms, withdrawal is as worse as klonopin.

Now I'm taking vistaril 12mg with cypro, sometimes I manage to leave the house.

Are you living somewhere where you can get some sunshine, either through a window or without having to venture too far out of your current comfort zone?

Yeah I have a big backyard, and I alway try to get at least 10 mins of sunshine.

tara said:
post 116931 How's your breathing? Is it relaxed, nasal, diaphragmatic? I wonder if you have some habitual anxiety related hyperventilation going on - panic attacks often (always?) involve hyperventilation, and I'm wondering if this is part of what might be getting you? Hyperventilation lowers CO2. CO2 tends to help keep nerves calm. Sometimes just holding the breath briefly a few times can help bring CO2 up. Sometimes it's easier if you can move while you do it.

Well my breathing it's terrible, after klonopin my lungs are those of a heavy smoker, dunno why.

I think I have milder panic attacks, it was the propranolol... never had them before, the withdrawal was hell, I mean the vistaril makes things easier when I'm out, I guess I'll try to improve my way of breathing.

Have you got a way to use your body powerfully at home? I wonder whether some strong exercise - eg body exercises in your living room for starters - could be useful for building courage?

Yeah I do kettlebells 4 times per week.

I imagine there may be some old fear hanging on - sounds as though you've taken a look at it. I don't know where you live, but is there objectively at least a good chance you will survive when you do go out?

Yes.. it is safe. I can't do anything.. I can only watch myself and laugh.

It all started with the klonopin, after 3 months the anxiety was worse, after 7 months I became a parody of myself, after 3 years I decided I had enough and I tapered it. Now I hide :ninja

It's pathetic, I can't control my body I know it's all delusions, but then I start to sweat, to feel a little dizzy, paranoid, can't breath..

I don't know, I'm all alone on this, I never thought of my lack of a social circle as a pre- and adolescent, I was unable (still am) to keep friends, all hyperactive, angry, I expected too much from the world... So I just said f*ck it but I'm gonna hit 20 and... I think it'd good to have nice memories from my youth.

But this is too much, I must wait 6 months to take benzos again, and I don't wanna go back to the psychiatrist, it's a waste of time, i don't know what to do I mean I'm such a f*ck up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Integral

Agorophobia is a high anxiety condition. Your amygdala has been reset to a way higher level than it was at birth. You give your subconscious mind the sensory data to prove you're not in danger, and the amygdala begins to reset and lower.

You do that and recovery is inevitable, and fast.

I had issues with a high anxiety condition too. I tried a lot of things but there is only one way to get rid of high anxiety because it's like a switch in your body that's turned on and until you've turned it off, you won't be well. You might want to look into Charles Linden and look at his Linden Method.

Cheers,
Rav.

I've tried those benzos in my time, DHEA blows them all out of the water :shock:

tara

dev0id said:
post 116938 Neither friends nor family, I live alone.
This looks tough. Anything you can figure out to have reular contact with other human beings seems important. Can you find out something about what's going on in your neighbourhood that would provide for some early safe outings? And think about who you can invite to visit, and if there is anyone you can ask to come and go out with you, even just for awalk around the block? Isolation could well be contributing to maintaining your anxiety.

dev0id said:
post 116938 Well, I eat 3000 calories a day... I eat potatoes, rice, fruits, a liter of milk, chocolate, butter, coconut oil, a carrot, sugar and beef with gelatin. Liver every 3 days. Sometimes popcorn made with guee (butter) with more butter on the top :P
Can you run it through cronometer and check it for magnesium and other micronutrients? Magnesium seems to be one that often makes a difference for people's ability to relax.

dev0id said:
post 116938 Yeah I do kettlebells 4 times per week.
:)

dev0id said:
post 116938 Tried propranolol, took it for 4 months, worsened my symptoms, withdrawal is as worse as klonopin.
I don't know klonopin or vistaril, but I was given propranolol for a while. I don't like the effects, and it didn't seem to help my condition. I think it may suppress metabolism somewhat?

dev0id said:
post 116938 I can only watch myself and laugh.
Laughing's good. :)

dev0id said:
post 116938 to feel a little dizzy, paranoid, can't breath..
This sounds like hyperventilation. Have you tried bag-breathing a few times a day and anytime you get to feeling like that? It can feel like not being able to get enough air, even though it's actually too much. I found normalbreathing informative on Buteyko method and the effects of low CO2. There are other sources too.

I think there's good chance you will be able to improve your situation.

OP
D

dev0id

Such_Saturation said:
I've tried those benzos in my time, DHEA blows them all out of the water :shock:

Is any DHEA supplement good? or is there an specific brand that contains a purer form? And what dosage?

Peata said:
post 117004 How long have you taken cypro and what dose?

I took it for 3 weeks 5 months ago, stopped, and a week ago I started again, 1g.

OP
D

dev0id

Peata said:

I took it for 3 weeks 5 months ago, stopped, and a week ago I started again, 1g.

dev0id said:
post 117029
Such_Saturation said:

Is any DHEA supplement good? or is there an specific brand that contains a purer form? And what dosage?

Peata said:

I started with Swanson and of course when you start that's when you get the best impressions so yeah. I've been bugging them but they don't carry it without pregnenolone anymore :(

tara

dev0id said:
post 117029 I took it for 3 weeks 5 months ago, stopped, and a week ago I started again, 1g.
Was this 1 mg cyproheptadine?

InChristAlone

Have you tried larger doses of niacinamide? I read a case study about a guy who couldn't get control over anxiety attacks until he took big doses of it. It helps my anxiety.

answersfound

"On a warm day a few years ago, a middle aged housewife was brought into my office by her husband, a professional man who had happened to read some of my reports on low thyroid function in the medical literature. He felt that before carrying her off to a mental institution for extended treatment--a recommendation of both family physician and psychiatrist after fruitless attempts to help her-- it would do no harm to have her thyroid function investigated.
In addition to the pajamas and heavy bathrobe she wore, she was wrapped in a heavy blanket, yet she sat before me shaking with cold. For a year, she had experienced loss of appetite, loss of weight, sleeplessness, eye inflammation, hoarseness, nervousness, poor memory, difficulty in thinking. Even before that, she had become frightened of crowds and wouldn't leave the house. She was unable to cook because she could not remember what ingredients she had already added.
There had been extensive examinations and laboratory tests. All results were within normal range. Seemingly, hers must be a mental problem. Yet, what had been overlooked by her previous physicians was that mental conditions are common in thyroid disorders; indeed, British studies had demonstrated this even before the turn of the century. Her shivering and shaking on a warm day, despite being well wrapped, was in itself a clue to hypothyroidism.
When her low thyroid function was confirmed by temperature test and presentation, she was started on thyroid therapy (desiccated thyroid) with the advice that it would be at the very least a month before any improvement could be anticipated. Meanwhile, to make her family feel better, she was referred to a neurologist to rule out the possibility of any serious neurological problem. The neurologist found nothing and advised her to continue with thyroid therapy. Improvement did begin in a month and continued. Within several months, she was free of all symptoms, including her fears." -Broda Barnes

OP
D

dev0id

Damn it the message I send yesterday doesn't show up.... gonna write it again.

tara said:
post 116967 This looks tough. Anything you can figure out to have reular contact with other human beings seems important. Can you find out something about what's going on in your neighbourhood that would provide for some early safe outings? And think about who you can invite to visit, and if there is anyone you can ask to come and go out with you, even just for awalk around the block? Isolation could well be contributing to maintaining your anxiety.

I'm the local lunatic, everyone thinks I'm some kind of weirdo.

tara said:
post 116967 Can you run it through cronometer and check it for magnesium and other micronutrients? Magnesium seems to be one that often makes a difference for people's ability to relax.

I actually do :D I get plenty from dark chocolate.

tara said:
post 116967 I don't know klonopin or vistaril, but I was given propranolol for a while. I don't like the effects, and it didn't seem to help my condition. I think it may suppress metabolism somewhat?

propranolol was too good... as good as klonopin (a benzo) but the withdrawal of it plus the one of klonopin pushed me over the edge and now I'm a shut in.

vistaril is anticholinergic and it helps me, sometimes I manage to go out but there's nothing I can do outside.

tara said:
post 116967 This sounds like hyperventilation. Have you tried bag-breathing a few times a day and anytime you get to feeling like that? It can feel like not being able to get enough air, even though it's actually too much. I found normalbreathing informative on Buteyko method and the effects of low CO2. There are other sources too.

I'm going this, are plastic bags good? how many times per day should I practice the Buteyko method?

tara said:
post 117128
Was this 1 mg cyproheptadine?

Yes.

Janelle525 said:
post 117153 Have you tried larger doses of niacinamide? I read a case study about a guy who couldn't get control over anxiety attacks until he took big doses of it. It helps my anxiety.

I'm going to try but I'm not sure if I can get it in my city, I would have to travel to get, so I'm thinking maybe in 3 weeks, I'm going to try the DHEA because I can get it in my city, thank you, what dosage do you take?

answersfound said:
post 117154 When her low thyroid function was confirmed by temperature test and presentation, she was started on thyroid therapy (desiccated thyroid) with the advice that it would be at the very least a month before any improvement could be anticipated. Meanwhile, to make her family feel better, she was referred to a neurologist to rule out the possibility of any serious neurological problem. The neurologist found nothing and advised her to continue with thyroid therapy. Improvement did begin in a month and continued. Within several months, she was free of all symptoms, including her fears." -Broda Barnes

Desiccated thyroid.. I don't know if I can get it here.. is there any brand thst you recomend?

Should I overfeed?

Such_Saturation said:
post 117039 I started with Swanson and of course when you start that's when you get the best impressions so yeah. I've been bugging them but they don't carry it without pregnenolone anymore :(

So as long it says DHEA in the label is good to use?

What dosage do you recommend , take into account that my hair is slowly growing because it was thinning thanks to klonopin.

I'm 20.

Integral said:
post 116956 Agorophobia is a high anxiety condition. Your amygdala has been reset to a way higher level than it was at birth. You give your subconscious mind the sensory data to prove you're not in danger, and the amygdala begins to reset and lower.

You do that and recovery is inevitable, and fast.

I had issues with a high anxiety condition too. I tried a lot of things but there is only one way to get rid of high anxiety because it's like a switch in your body that's turned on and until you've turned it off, you won't be well. You might want to look into Charles Linden and look at his Linden Method.

Cheers,
Rav.

Thanks I'm going to check this out.

answersfound

Haidut probably ships to you. I would check out his product TyroMax. Are you the one from josh Rubin's Facebook group?

OP
D

dev0id

answersfound said:
post 117215 Haidut probably ships to you. I would check out his product TyroMax. Are you the one from josh Rubin's Facebook group?

Well, I'm from south america, and I don't know that facebook group.

Peata

If I recall, I had good results mental/emotional on 8 - 12 mg. cypro per day. Worked up to it over days/weeks to adjust to sedation. Right now I am up to 6 mg, started back on Cypro on Christmas night.

Also taking a little theanine and magnesium, and some taurine this time.

InChristAlone

For treatment of panic disorder I think you can go above 1gram a day, but I would make sure you respond well to it before getting up that high. Maybe start 100 mg and go up.

There are few good brands of DHEA; check the Toxinless website to see the best ones. For any product except Pansterone I recommend opening the pill and putting it under your tongue for thirty minutes. When it contains pregnenolone it can be a bit of a downer to be honest.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals