Advice On Quitting Thyroid Meds!

papaya

When I've quit taking thyroid in the past it's been a nightmare(legs felt like lead weight & I'd suddenly get exhausted out of nowhere). However, the last time I did it I used iodine & it worked great. I know that Iodine isn't peaty so I'm looking for advice from the brilliant minds here!

i quit and didn't notice a difference.

I would imagine bag breathing is very helpful. My CO2 levels are high and I think that helps a great deal.

Quality

Why did you quit your thyroid medication in the first place, surely theres been a reason for you using them.
Thyroid meds are often to be used for life, especially t3.

OP
P

papaya

Why did you quit your thyroid medication in the first place, surely theres been a reason for you using them.
Thyroid meds are often to be used for life, especially t3.
I hate being a slave to them, & trying to find the perfect 1 is so draining/stressful. I've never tried cynoplus/cynomel, so maybe if people r happy w/the new batch I'll try it. Every time I quit I say I'll never take it again & ever time I go back on I say I'll never quit again. I'm hopeless lol. Do u use thyroid? If so, what do u use?

Quality

No I dont use thyroid meds, but my ex uses them.
Sounds more like a mental issue that you describe, you need to have the "perfect one", just accept you need to use them, stick to one that works n carry on with life.

Orion

When I've quit taking thyroid in the past it's been a nightmare(legs felt like lead weight & I'd suddenly get exhausted out of nowhere). However, the last time I did it I used iodine & it worked great. I know that Iodine isn't peaty so I'm looking for advice from the brilliant minds here!

To get off NDT you need to raise your metabolism, this means purging your stored PUFA and eating low PUFA afterwards. RP consistently says this in lots of his interviews, PUFA disrupts the metabolism, removing it ramps it up, as long as you provide that appropriate nutrition. At least ~100g protein per day (milk, cottage cheese, shellfish...), tons of sugar (white, fruit, milk...). To purge PUFA go low fat for 30days; 10g and under (skim milk and 0% fat cottage). Use coconut oil in small amounts.

I have done this, was on 3 grains, now have high temps and high pulse with just food. Major health issue was acne, it is disappearing.

RP has mentioned animal studies where they are on zero fat diets but fed high quality calories, those animals have superior resistance to stress, and are very hard to kill. PUFA is UN-essential, and if you eat enough sugar you can make your own protective SFA and mead acid.

OP
P

papaya

To get off NDT you need to raise your metabolism, this means purging your stored PUFA and eating low PUFA afterwards. RP consistently says this in lots of his interviews, PUFA disrupts the metabolism, removing it ramps it up, as long as you provide that appropriate nutrition. At least ~100g protein per day (milk, cottage cheese, shellfish...), tons of sugar (white, fruit, milk...). To purge PUFA go low fat for 30days; 10g and under (skim milk and 0% fat cottage). Use coconut oil in small amounts.

I have done this, was on 3 grains, now have high temps and high pulse with just food. Major health issue was acne, it is disappearing.

RP has mentioned animal studies where they are on zero fat diets but fed high quality calories, those animals have superior resistance to stress, and are very hard to kill. PUFA is UN-essential, and if you eat enough sugar you can make your own protective SFA and mead acid.
THANK U SO MUCH!! That's great/impressive, were u able to quit cold turkey? I'm trying to get off 2 grains of ndt (thiroyd). Today was the 3rd day & I started feeling pretty bad so I gave in & took 3 drops of bsp t4(synthetic)& now I feel much better.

Orion

THANK U SO MUCH!! That's great/impressive, were u able to quit cold turkey? I'm trying to get off 2 grains of ndt (thiroyd). Today was the 3rd day & I started feeling pretty bad so I gave in & took 3 drops of bsp t4(synthetic)& now I feel much better.

I didn't go cold turkey, RP has stated that the thyroid can recover in about 2-3 days if you do quit cold turkey. I staggered off 1 grain per week, and dealt with the hypo symptoms, as I was only doing avoiding PUFA and had not attempted a zero fat purge yet.

If you are somewhat lean, PUFA purging can get your thyroid ramped up quickly. Caffeine can help your liver lean out the PUFA as well, taurine, glycine, and K2 are good to support liver function.

Best to monitor sleep quality, temp, pulse and you can check your Achilles muscle reflex to see how you are doing.

OP
P

papaya

I didn't go cold turkey, RP has stated that the thyroid can recover in about 2-3 days if you do quit cold turkey. I staggered off 1 grain per week, and dealt with the hypo symptoms, as I was only doing avoiding PUFA and had not attempted a zero fat purge yet.

If you are somewhat lean, PUFA purging can get your thyroid ramped up quickly. Caffeine can help your liver lean out the PUFA as well, taurine, glycine, and K2 are good to support liver function.

Best to monitor sleep quality, temp, pulse and you can check your Achilles muscle reflex to see how you are doing.
did u gain weight when u quit? i feel fine & i don't feel hype symptoms, but i'm gaining weight & my eyelids r a little swollen. i'm kinda freaking out.

Orion

I did not gain weight. But with stopping thyroid your metabolism is probably slower. I think keeping fat intake, especially PUFA very low. Get most calories from milk - low fat dairy and fruit, honey, sugar, juice. Coconut oil only as a fat source. Shifted your sugar intake up or down, will allow you to gain or lose excess weight.

If you think its water weight or edema, keeping salt, magnesium, potassium and calcium up will help. Milk and juice, and lots of canning salt. Salt food to taste. 1 to 3 tsp per day.

Good thread on fat loss from yesterday:
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/for-fat-loss-eat-no-fat-or-eat-some-coconut-oil.13723/

OP
P

papaya

I did not gain weight. But with stopping thyroid your metabolism is probably slower. I think keeping fat intake, especially PUFA very low. Get most calories from milk - low fat dairy and fruit, honey, sugar, juice. Coconut oil only as a fat source. Shifted your sugar intake up or down, will allow you to gain or lose excess weight.

If you think its water weight or edema, keeping salt, magnesium, potassium and calcium up will help. Milk and juice, and lots of canning salt. Salt food to taste. 1 to 3 tsp per day.

Good thread on fat loss from yesterday:
For Fat Loss: Eat No Fat Or Eat Some Coconut Oil?
as always, thank u soooo much orion! i was thinking all the sodium from cottage cheese(i've been eating a lot) was a culprit so i was gonna cut down. eating extra salt will really help w/water weight? i have been trying to eat extra sugar so i def will cut down on that.

Orion

Yes have to experiment with your sugar needs, enough to keep warm hands/feet, stress hormones at bay, sleeping well, but not gaining fat ;) Seems it much easier to gain fat from actually eating fat, but enough sugar will cause that too.

eating extra salt will really help w/water weight?

Water: swelling, tension, pain, fatigue, aging

"One of the things that happen when there isn't enough sodium in the diet is that more aldosterone is synthesized. Aldosterone causes less sodium to be lost in the urine and sweat, but it achieves that at the expense of the increased loss of potassium, magnesium, and probably calcium. The loss of potassium leads to vasoconstriction, which contributes to heart and kidney failure and high blood pressure. The loss of magnesium contributes to vasoconstriction, inflammation, and bone loss. Magnesium deficiency is extremely common, but a little extra salt in the diet makes it easier to retain the magnesium in our foods."

"Pre-eclampsia and pregnancy toxemia have been corrected (Shanklin and Hodin, 1979) by both increased dietary protein and increased salt, which improve circulation, lower blood pressure, and prevent seizures, while reducing vascular leakiness. The effectiveness of increased salt in pre-eclampsia led me to suggest it for women with premenstrual edema, because both conditions typically involve high estrogen, hyponatremia, and a tendency toward hypo-osmolarity. Estrogen itself causes sodium loss, reduced osmolarity, and increased capillary leakiness. Combined with a high protein diet, eating a little extra salt usually helps to correct a variety of problems involving edema, poor circulation, and high blood pressure. "

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals