5mg DHEA did NOT increase my levels

If you’re referring to the DHEA-S lab test, most women will need 5-20mg per day to see any noticeable change in their levels. Men need 25-50mg.

Mossy

I wouldn't want to list all the supps I have tried and even now, I have around 100-150 in the house... pathetic.
So, I am really trying to take a full week off everything... except for d-ribose and... MAGNESIUM. I scanned through the book The Magnesium Miracle... and I found I was taking less mag than I had thought, around 100-200mg, maybe 3X/week. I upped that to 400mg daily for the last few days, maybe a little more... and have been feeling great. Mood better, body feels much more in "balance"... no heart palps, stomach feeling much better too.
Try it... amazing improvement in just a few days, I'm sure it's the mag... and stopping the other stuff.
Yes, same here: many, many supplements. I have a feeling that is quite normal for RPFers.

Magnesium is top on my list to try again, but I'm so spooked by negative effects I haven't tried the pill form again. I've soaking my feet in Epsom salt. May try the pills next.

TucsonJJ

Yes, same here: many, many supplements. I have a feeling that is quite normal for RPFers.

Magnesium is top on my list to try again, but I'm so spooked by negative effects I haven't tried the pill form again. I've soaking my feet in Epsom salt. May try the pills next.
You got negative effects from mag? Odd... should only be maybe some loose poop, and that usually with Mag citrate... I now take 200-300mg in am, ditto in PM, an hour or two before bed... a rounded half-tsp powder, nothing but good effects so far... I suppose it does promote regularity (run for the throne, don't walk)... but I also take a good dose of psyllium fiber and a little cellulose before every meal... so the combo moves things along a bit faster...
I think mag forms, malate, orotate and taurate are, IMO, the best... I mix the 3 and some mag citrate (cheap) together and it works great... maybe start slow, 1/8 tsp?

youngsinatra

I‘d try vitamin B5, 50-100mg. It’s the main source of CoA, needed for cholesterol synthesis and adrenal steroidogenesis (It increases pregnenolone, progesterone, cortisol, DHEA) and also a cofactor for most steps in energy metabolism.

Mossy

You got negative effects from mag? Odd... should only be maybe some loose poop, and that usually with Mag citrate... I now take 200-300mg in am, ditto in PM, an hour or two before bed... a rounded half-tsp powder, nothing but good effects so far... I suppose it does promote regularity (run for the throne, don't walk)... but I also take a good dose of psyllium fiber and a little cellulose before every meal... so the combo moves things along a bit faster...
I think mag forms, malate, orotate and taurate are, IMO, the best... I mix the 3 and some mag citrate (cheap) together and it works great... maybe start slow, 1/8 tsp?
Yes, even from mag. I hate that my body is so sensitive to supplements. I'm doing ok so far with Epsom salt. I've tried every forum of magnesium. I've purchased yet another version: magnesium lysinate glycinate chelate, which I've yet to try. It's been a while since I've tried the taurate version, so maybe I'll try that again soon. I feel great on taurine, at first, then it's side effects for days—an over all malaise. I do remember, my best experience ever was with magnesium orotate, from Sawson's premium brand, which they've stopped making. Maybe you're on to something with that 3 combination version. As opportunity allows, I'll attempt it.

TucsonJJ

Yes, even from mag. I hate that my body is so sensitive to supplements. I'm doing ok so far with Epsom salt. I've tried every forum of magnesium. I've purchased yet another version: magnesium lysinate glycinate chelate, which I've yet to try. It's been a while since I've tried the taurate version, so maybe I'll try that again soon. I feel great on taurine, at first, then it's side effects for days—an over all malaise. I do remember, my best experience ever was with magnesium orotate, from Sawson's premium brand, which they've stopped making. Maybe you're on to something with that 3 combination version. As opportunity allows, I'll attempt it.
I'm sensitive too... so much I have stopped pretty much all of them for awhile, other than mag, D-ribose and Chondroitin for my achy old legs... I'm not sure that so many supps are needed, if one eats a decent diet... I am sort of leaning away from the Peat way... I doubt veggies are so bad... lots of meat, dairy and sugar is iffy too. Working out vigorously is a bad thing??? Hmmmmm...
Are our bodies so poorly designed that we need all sorts of supps to survive, let alone thrive? I think portion control is important, keeping the weight down... staying fit...

If you are that sensitive, perhaps it is the non-mag components in your mag supplements? Like glycine, which I don't do well with...?? Lots of Mag Orotate options at Amazon...

Or... have you tried topical Magnesium oil?

Mossy

I'm sensitive too... so much I have stopped pretty much all of them for awhile, other than mag, D-ribose and Chondroitin for my achy old legs... I'm not sure that so many supps are needed, if one eats a decent diet... I am sort of leaning away from the Peat way... I doubt veggies are so bad... lots of meat, dairy and sugar is iffy too. Working out vigorously is a bad thing??? Hmmmmm...
Are our bodies so poorly designed that we need all sorts of supps to survive, let alone thrive? I think portion control is important, keeping the weight down... staying fit...

If you are that sensitive, perhaps it is the non-mag components in your mag supplements? Like glycine, which I don't do well with...?? Lots of Mag Orotate options at Amazon...

Or... have you tried topical Magnesium oil?
I thought I would create a new thread, as I've just realized our conversation has left the DHEA topic quite a few posts back.:

(Apologies to the other posters and readers from straying from the DHEA topic.)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals