How Long Does It Take To Increase Vit D3 Levels?

I've been housebound with quite severe chronic fatigue.

Over the last 4 months, my vit d3 levels dropped from 40ng/ml to 15ng/ml. No surprise really.

I avoided vit d3 supplements to the most part since they tended to produce anxiety or stress reactions. But equally, I now see that low vit d3 of itself could be a big contributing factor in fatigue that I really should eliminate.

I'm wondering if anyone could advise both:

1) How to take it to eliminate any adverse anxiety/stress reactions?

2) About how long it should take to get up to a reasonable level again if taking ~2000iu a day?

HDD

Over the last 4 months, my vit d3 levels dropped from 40ng/ml to 15ng/ml. No surprise really.

I avoided vit d3 supplements to the most part since they tended to produce anxiety or stress reactions. But equally, I now see that low vit d3 of itself could be a big contributing factor in fatigue that I really should eliminate.

2) About how long it should take to get up to a reasonable level again if taking ~2000iu a day?

I would supplement at least 10,000 - 20,000 iu daily if my levels were that low and retest after a few months. Do you take it with food/sugar? I always take supplements with meals to prevent low blood sugar since many supplements increase metabolism. Have you tried different brands of vitamin D? Some people supplement topically, but I'm not sure how much you would need if you were to do that. There might be some discussion of this on the forum. Do you take thyroid medication?

theLaw

You might consider using topical treatments in the short term to get the vitamins to certain tissues faster.

Danny talks about wrapping his legs and arms in saran-wrap to help the vitamins absorb.

This may seem a bit extreme, but it would probably expedite the process considerably. Idealab's Estroban is perfectly designed for this type of absorption.

He talks about it with Ray here:

SneezeStar

A single oral dose could raise levels to what ever you wanted, ie. 300 000 iu with a fatty meal to raise it to 80 ng.