11 year olds, huge constipation issues

unsubscribed

Fast and slow COMT affect how quickly you deactivate catecholamines. PEMT is about endogenous choline synthesis.
Great thanks!

I came across this.

"So is it all about getting enough choline? No! Certain supplements target PEMT directly.

S-adenosylmethionine or SAM-e enhances PEMT activity by supplying a methyl group. More SAM-e means your liver can make more choline and prevent deficiency [R, R].

According to limited clinical evidence, SAM-e may help with fatty liver, which is the most common sign of choline deficiency [R].

Keep in mind that most supplements can't be used to treat or prevent a medical condition."

redsun

Great thanks!

I came across this.

"So is it all about getting enough choline? No! Certain supplements target PEMT directly.

S-adenosylmethionine or SAM-e enhances PEMT activity by supplying a methyl group. More SAM-e means your liver can make more choline and prevent deficiency [R, R].

According to limited clinical evidence, SAM-e may help with fatty liver, which is the most common sign of choline deficiency [R].

Keep in mind that most supplements can't be used to treat or prevent a medical condition."
SAM-e may increase choline levels in some unless they have issues with the PEMT gene variant. In this case its not about supply of methyl groups, PEMT is just not as active. I dont think supplementing SAM-e is needed. TMG can be helpful, but the best way to increase choline levels in the body is to just consume it from diet or supplements.

This bypasses any issue with PEMT and this is why these gene variants were even able to pass on because ancestral european diets (europeans are most likely to have these gene variants) were historically high in dietary choline due to the dependence on animal protein as the primary source of calories. Nowadays, modern diets are significantly lower in choline due to concerns over cholesterol and saturated fats in animal foods.

OP
Henriette93

Henriette93

The only thing with B vits is they can deplete each other so don't megadose them and maybe cycle between different ones.

Haidut does a good clean multi B vit supplement called energin, I've used it and have no complaints.
I do order energin monthly, I give it to them occasionally, but I could try to give it to them more often for a period to see if it helps :)

OP
Henriette93

Henriette93

Just thought of something.
I told my child to poop then flush. It worked. The toilet paper was clogging up more than the stool itself.
They can always use wipes and deposit in the bathroom trash can as well if the stool won’t go down right away.

Hang in there.
This was an issue for us that seemingly went away rather quickly. Becoming less and less of an occurrence.
Great tips, I'll tell them to do so. They do sometimes use a lot of paper, especially when I give them cascara. But when they are very constipated, they don't need to wipe, the stool is so hard it doesn't leave anything to wipe. And yes, it is shockingly large! I've had to break it down into pieces many times to be able to flush it down. When they were babies it was also very large and larger than mine. I often had to bring them to the hospital to get help emptying them. Haven't done that since they were about 4 years old though.

OP
Henriette93

Henriette93

If they were constipated since birth, and they were premature, that makes me think they were on infant formula maybe? If so, it contains added iron and that has been known to cause constipation problems.

Are these the only supplements? If you are giving them a multivitamin maybe it's the iron causing issues. I hope it is that simple, poor kiddos. I am amazed at how big my little guy poops, it's bigger than mine, but, not as big as what you are describing.
Yes unfortunately they used infant formula.. My milk disappeared very quickly, as my water broke in week 27, and they were able to stop the birth. The milk came, but no babies for another two weeks, and I was not allowed to pump to keep the milk production, since it could trigger contractions. They recieved milk from donors while we were at the hospital. I didn't know any better at the time, so I gave them formula when we got home. I was also told to give them vitamin D and iron for 1 year after their birth.. but I've never given them multivitamins or iron since then.

I had a urinary track infection with GBS, and that caused my water to break. Both twins also got infected, and they got blood transfusions straight after birth, and antibiotics for many weeks. I got really sick too, as my blood got infected, and I had a serious sepsis Infection. They had a terrible start at life..

I'm pregnant again now, 27 weeks. But after my brother convinced me to start peating 2 years ago, quit contraceptive and start with daily progesterone, all my problems disappeared! I used to have HPV virus and cervical dysplasia, it is all gone now. This pregnancy is like a dream, no problems at all! I'm super greatful for my new knowledge and health, and this forum is truly amazing. We are all still healing, and I'm reading every day about health. My brother also convinced me to not get the covid vaccine and he truly opened my eyes. The baby won't get any vaccines, my twins skipped the last ones too. My brother took his own life in the end of 2021, so i'm really dedicating our lives to live as he wanted us to. Eating proper foods, staying away from vaccines, plastics, hormone disruptors etc. We feel enormous effects, all my health issues are totally gone. I want the same for my kids and for my husband. This constipation issue is quite hard to solve, but I'll read each and every one of your replies and tips! Super greatful for this forum, it has helped us soooo much.

Lizb

@Henriette93 that's sad to hear about your brother. May your pregnancy be blessed.

I use a squatting potty; brilliant thing. Made a huge difference to me.

Good advice above about flushing the toilet during a session!

Does exercise or certain exercise make a difference?

Peater

I'm pregnant again now, 27 weeks. But after my brother convinced me to start peating 2 years ago, quit contraceptive and start with daily progesterone, all my problems disappeared! I used to have HPV virus and cervical dysplasia, it is all gone now. This pregnancy is like a dream, no problems at all!
It made me very happy to read this, your brother is "Not gone, just living on through fewer people", as Ray said.

OP
Henriette93

Henriette93

@Henriette93 that's sad to hear about your brother. May your pregnancy be blessed.

I use a squatting potty; brilliant thing. Made a huge difference to me.

Good advice above about flushing the toilet during a session!

Does exercise or certain exercise make a difference?
Thank you.

I don't think exercise makes any difference, never noticed improvements in active periods.
Today I asked them more about their constipation issues, and one of my sons (the most constipated one) told me that his stool was white today.. He said that it has been white a couple of times recently. That made me even more worried, never experienced that before.. And if I google it, I find all sorts of scary reasons to why it could be white/yellow. Should I maybe take him to the doctor? Anyone have any idea what can cause this??

Lizb

Thank you.

I don't think exercise makes any difference, never noticed improvements in active periods.
Today I asked them more about their constipation issues, and one of my sons (the most constipated one) told me that his stool was white today.. He said that it has been white a couple of times recently. That made me even more worried, never experienced that before.. And if I google it, I find all sorts of scary reasons to why it could be white/yellow. Should I maybe take him to the doctor? Anyone have any idea what can cause this??
I once had very pale stools, verging on white when I took an oral medicine for thrush. Stopped taking obviously. Nystan I think it's called.

OP
Henriette93

Henriette93

Jennifer

Anyone have any idea what can cause this??

Low bile? Do you happen to know your sons’ average morning and daytime temps? Is there a history of hypothyroidism in your family?

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
500mg Magnesium nightly before bed may do the trick!

D

Doer

Yes unfortunately they used infant formula.. My milk disappeared very quickly, as my water broke in week 27, and they were able to stop the birth. The milk came, but no babies for another two weeks, and I was not allowed to pump to keep the milk production, since it could trigger contractions. They recieved milk from donors while we were at the hospital. I didn't know any better at the time, so I gave them formula when we got home. I was also told to give them vitamin D and iron for 1 year after their birth.. but I've never given them multivitamins or iron since then.

I had a urinary track infection with GBS, and that caused my water to break. Both twins also got infected, and they got blood transfusions straight after birth, and antibiotics for many weeks. I got really sick too, as my blood got infected, and I had a serious sepsis Infection. They had a terrible start at life..

I'm pregnant again now, 27 weeks. But after my brother convinced me to start peating 2 years ago, quit contraceptive and start with daily progesterone, all my problems disappeared! I used to have HPV virus and cervical dysplasia, it is all gone now. This pregnancy is like a dream, no problems at all! I'm super greatful for my new knowledge and health, and this forum is truly amazing. We are all still healing, and I'm reading every day about health. My brother also convinced me to not get the covid vaccine and he truly opened my eyes. The baby won't get any vaccines, my twins skipped the last ones too. My brother took his own life in the end of 2021, so i'm really dedicating our lives to live as he wanted us to. Eating proper foods, staying away from vaccines, plastics, hormone disruptors etc. We feel enormous effects, all my health issues are totally gone. I want the same for my kids and for my husband. This constipation issue is quite hard to solve, but I'll read each and every one of your replies and tips! Super greatful for this forum, it has helped us soooo much.
Yeah thats some rough poisoning at the start of their lives with vit D and iron for a year. Anyways, for the love of god, please stop giving your kids any supplements at all. Get them exercising quite a bit which will help produce bile, and then the crucial thing is to feed them lots of high soluble fiber foods so all that bile can be soaked up and they poop at leadt 2 times a day. APPLES APPLES APPLES and beans, oats etc any high fiber food. Most people that have constipation or diarrhea issues need to do this. This will help heal their neruological issues aswell (adhd, close to autism) as their bile contains toxic stuff such as hormones which need to be released through the poop. Try it foe yourself if you dont believe me. Thats why everyone feels so good after pooping.

As you might have understood by now im not very good at writing and expressing my thoughts completely organized , so for a more concise and thoughtful explanation of what i just told you please check the work of Karen Hurd and probably Garrett Smith aswell. I really pray that everything goes well for you and your kids. Keep believing!

OP
Henriette93

Henriette93

Low bile? Do you happen to know your sons’ average morning and daytime temps? Is there a history of hypothyroidism in your family?
Might be low bile.. I don't know his average temps, but he's always been rather warm compared to me. I'm a little hypothyroid, but not enough to get medication for it, but I do take t3 myself and feel better using it. My temps have risen after I started peating and taking tyronene.

HeyThere

- Dulcolax to get it out.

- TummyZyme chewables which are digestive enzymes and probiotics to balance out digestion. Read reviews. Constipated get better, loose tools get better. I take them as an adult and it has improved lifelong gerd quite a bit in just a couple of weeks. And now all of a sudden I can eat eggs, avocados, milk.. it's astounding, really.

Peater

I have no idea, could that cause pale stool?

I was just wondering what could cause it to be pale/white and if it was a coating, rather than the whole thing being white. If you see what I mean. Just thinking out loud, really.

OP
Henriette93

Henriette93

I was just wondering what could cause it to be pale/white and if it was a coating, rather than the whole thing being white. If you see what I mean. Just thinking out loud, really.
Ah ok. The whole thing is pale, grey/white/yellow-ish with some very white spots here and there..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals