The Omega3 clusterf***

Dutchie

So, I'm kinda trapped...

I've been eating fatty fish daily (for various reasons).
For the past few weeks I'd stopped eating it daily (mainly inspired by the croissant diet) and exchanging it for lean fish.
The problem is that when I don't eat fatty fish, I'm dealing with constipation.
For some reason the marine O3 keeps my bowels moving. (I get O3 in through grassfed meat/tallow and goat ghee/cheese as well, but they don't have this effect). I also noticed that in avoidance of fatty fish my forehead wrinkles look more pronounced and skin on my body becomes flaky, I'm not sure if it also is the cause for more hairloss.

And now on to the bad...
I seem to experience some insulin resistant symptoms from it: frequent peeing after eating,burping after having eaten fish,moments where my vision acts weird, I noticed that parts of my body felt fuller/'fatter' (it's likely water), waking earlier at night to pee (sometimes even 2x times),incomplete bladder emptying (I have to press my bladder various times to squeeze out more urine. )

Obviously I like to be able to have good easy bm's,which doesn't seem to happen without fatty fish. Tried all the recommended things like charcoal and cascara,none worked.
For a month berberine worked really well,but that seems to have lost its magic too. What's happening here....why do some things only seem to work on marine O3?.....I don't feel like having to make eating fish a daily habit for the rest of my life.

Julles

Switch to good animal saturated fats. Butter, cheese, lard etc stimulate bile production and get the same bowel lubricant.

rei

The only documented real benefit from o3 is displacing o6. So reduce o6.

Or if you cannot then try using hemp seed oil for the o3

OP
D

Dutchie

Switch to good animal saturated fats. Butter, cheese, lard etc stimulate bile production and get the same bowel lubricant.
Thanks,but like I wrote,I've already been using only saturated fats for years.
That's the thing, no matter how much I use of them, bowel movements just halt at a certain point without fatty fish.

OP
D

Dutchie

The only documented real benefit from o3 is displacing o6. So reduce o6.

Or if you cannot then try using hemp seed oil for the o3
Thanks, I can't reduce O6 more than I already have for years. (I use all grassfed beef/lamb,goat ghee&cheese,wildcaught fish).

Oddly plant omega 3's don't work for me (my guess is that my body can't process ALA correctly).

OP
D

Dutchie

Thanks for your suggestions,but going by the answers I get the impression that I didn't explain the problem clearly.

I've been using only sat.fats for years now,no plant oils (so low O6), but despite all this I become constipated when not eating fatty fish (and my skin becomes flaky).
I've used enzymes in the past,but they didn't improve things.

I wonder what's causing this marine O3-dependent gut mechanism and more importantly how van I get it to function normally?

Ignoramus

Are you even constipated if you eat a lot of fruit and drink coffee? Apples work well for me...

rei

If fish oil is the only thing you can find that helps then for the love of god use it. Just keep in mind the apparent benefits are short term effects that in the long term result in chronic disease. You cannot keep suppressing your immune system without expecting there is some drawback.

We see countless people praising the magic of cortisone injections, until they are dying and stop responding.

boris

So, I'm kinda trapped...

For the past few weeks I'd stopped eating it daily (mainly inspired by the croissant diet) and exchanging it for lean fish.
For some reason the marine O3 keeps my bowels moving. (I get O3 in through grassfed meat/tallow and goat ghee/cheese as well, but they don't have this effect). I also noticed that in avoidance of fatty fish my forehead wrinkles look more pronounced and skin on my body becomes flaky, I'm not sure if it also is the cause for more hairloss.

And now on to the bad...
I seem to experience some insulin resistant symptoms from it: frequent peeing after eating,burping after having eaten fish,moments where my vision acts weird, I noticed that parts of my body felt fuller/'fatter' (it's likely water), waking earlier at night to pee (sometimes even 2x times),incomplete bladder emptying (I have to press my bladder various times to squeeze out more urine. )

Obviously I like to be able to have good easy bm's,which doesn't seem to happen without fatty fish. Tried all the recommended things like charcoal and cascara,none worked.
For a month berberine worked really well,but that seems to have lost its magic too. What's happening here....why do some things only seem to work on marine O3?.....I don't feel like having to make eating fish a daily habit for the rest of my life.

Why do you think it‘s the Omega 3? Fatty fish is full of vitamins D+E. Seems much more likely that those are improving your metabolism instead of the PUFAs.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dutchie

Are you even constipated if you eat a lot of fruit and drink coffee? Apples work well for me...
I don't eat fruit, bc of fructose intolerance and I don't drink coffee bc I don't like it at all and the caffeine stresses out my system (but there's decaf for that).

OP
D

Dutchie

If fish oil is the only thing you can find that helps then for the love of god use it. Just keep in mind the apparent benefits are short term effects that in the long term result in chronic disease. You cannot keep suppressing your immune system without expecting there is some drawback.

We see countless people praising the magic of cortisone injections, until they are dying and stop responding.
That's why I made the post,bc I want off that system bc I get the feeling that I get insulin resistant symptoms from it. Obviously I like being able to have good bowel movements as well.

OP
D

Dutchie

Why do you think it‘s the Omega 3? Fatty fish is full of vitamins A+D+E. Seems much more likely that those are improving your metabolism instead of the PUFAs.
That's a good question....it's a gutfeeling that tells me it's the o3. I get in the other nutrients through other foods as well.
The only way to know for sure is by taking a fish oil capsule (which I've never done),but it's not a theory I feel like putting to the test.

Hans

Forum Supporter
So, I'm kinda trapped...

And now on to the bad...

Do you get enough vit A? Low A can also cause such symptoms.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I get vit.A through goat milk&cheese&ghee,grassfed beef/lamb&tallow, lamb liver.
I also got vit A from milk, but still got dry skin. Supplementing it for 2 days and the dry skin went away. Some people just need more than others. But, looks like your diet should have enough with the lamb liver though.

OP
D

Dutchie

I also got vit A from milk, but still got dry skin. Supplementing it for 2 days and the dry skin went away. Some people just need more than others. But, looks like your diet should have enough with the lamb liver though.
Yeah, that's what I thought too and seeing the anti-vit.A thread here,I don't feel so inclined to experiment with supplementing it. ;)
My goal would be to not need supplements anymore anyway, but thanks for the suggestion.?

Julles

Thanks,but like I wrote,I've already been using only saturated fats for years.
That's the thing, no matter how much I use of them, bowel movements just halt at a certain point without fatty fish.
Sorry my bad

InChristAlone

I would cut out all fatty fish altogether. Research the toxins that accumulate in the fat of fish! Not all fruit is high in fructose, you could find acceptable fruits.

OP
D

Dutchie

I would cut out all fatty fish altogether. Research the toxins that accumulate in the fat of fish! Not all fruit is high in fructose, you could find acceptable fruits.

I'd been wanting to get off it,but as I mentioned it creates some problems. Anyway,the video is about farmed fish, I only eat wildcaught (not that it's a reason to keep eating it).
Nope fruits don't work (much to my dismay) for me,whether high or low fructose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals