POOP And Bowel Movements? What Are Yours Like?

SOMO

poo-chart-bootswebmd.jpg

1. How often do you poop?
2. Does your poop smell?
3. Do you have to wipe?
4. Do you feel like you have to strain to get everything out?
5. How would you rate your digestion?
6. What does your poop look like on the Bristol Stool chart?
Poop_Emoji_7b204f05-eec6-4496-91b1-351acc03d2c7_large.png

I wake up and poop at least 3x each morning, at least once after drinking coffee.
Each bowel movement is large and well-formed.
I usually only poop once later in the day after my afternoon coffee.

2. Does your poop smell?

Mine ranges from smelling like poo to being completely odorless. Consuming more plant fiber makes it less pleasant.

3. Do you have to wipe?
Lately no. When I wipe lately, the toilet paper is completely clean.
If I do have to wipe, usually one or two squares of toilet paper is enough.

No, normal BM does not require straining or pushing.
As long as I don't overdo fiber like psyllium or broccoli, which makes everything "stick" and slows down.

Overall, very good. Occasional bloating, but I feel I digest most foods, even some allergenic stuff well. I don't seem to react to foods that cause problems in others, but I did at one time when I had gut permeability due to lifestyle and poor diet and Ketosis. I am also not "allergic" to any food which is a blessing.
Wheat still gives me diarrhea though, even after cutting it out for many years.

poo-chart-bootswebmd.jpg

I'm usually a 4, but rarely a 5.
I know my digestion is not ready for something if I am a 7.

X3CyO

damn bro. 3 times in the morning? I thought its good to aim for three or more a day in general.

What're you eating?

1. 2-3 morning night, and occasionally late afternoon
2. no
3. barely
4. when I eat a lot of meat or wheat

Also bought the cacao powder you recommended on other thread. real good mixed with coffee. Gonna make chocolate coffee bars later.

storman

1. 2 times a day normally. Usually once or twice after breakfast/coffee and occasionally after lunch.
2. Pretty smelly, depends on diet
3. If loose lots of wiping, otherwise just a few wipes.
4. Rarely. Maybe once a month
5. Pretty good. History of IBS so some pain/constipation in the past but usually ok if very spicy foods are avoided.
6. Varies. Usually 4-5, but sometimes a 6.

Dobbler

^ LOL looks good to me.

Are you guys aware that humans are not meant to poop sitting, but squatting position? Its much easier trust me. And it cleans the tube much more powerfully.

InChristAlone

Consuming more plant fiber makes it less pleasant.
So you mean plants do rot in the gut? Whoever thought! Dr. Kellogg wrong again.

InChristAlone

That poo looks like constipation to me. My son whom holds it in for days gets large ones like that.

Herbie

In all seriousness, It's very important to inspect your poop and learning what the poop is saying. I think we all do it instinctively.

I learnt something similar to this post years ago with the cartoon pictures, I think everyone should be taught this maybe when children. At the time I wished they had used real pictures of real poop as a more effective way of learning and part of why I posted that photo, I google imaged big poop to find it and holy moly.

wild-bee

one raw carrot every day this week and I get a BM within 36 hours... 3 times a day seems a long way off!

OP
SOMO

SOMO

one raw carrot every day this week and I get a BM within 36 hours... 3 times a day seems a long way off!

99% of my BMs happen in the morning though and always one after I have my morning coffee. I brew it RP style too, I think it helps "cleanse" the bowel and prepare it for meal time.

Dobbler

coffee makes me feel bad
No need to drink it. It has nothing essential that u cant get from elsewhere. I personally think its madness to spike your sympathetic nervous system constantly with coffee. If someones energy levels wont come up without coffee then theres a big underlying problem that wont get fixed with 5 cups a coffee per day.

vulture

2 to 3 times a day, specially if I eat fruits and fiber
2. Does your poop smell?
"Fruity" if I eat lots of fruit, and "normally stinky" if I don't
3. Do you have to wipe?
LOL sure, but I tend to wash my butt with pressure water
Not really, almost effortless
Recently I'm farting way more than I would like to, but other than that, seems fine
4 or 5. If I eat starch instead of fruits and veggies, would get like a 3

wild-bee

No need to drink it. It has nothing essential that u cant get from elsewhere. I personally think its madness to spike your sympathetic nervous system constantly with coffee. If someones energy levels wont come up without coffee then theres a big underlying problem that wont get fixed with 5 cups a coffee per day.
ah the coffee enema?

ebs

My stools vary between 1-5 with mostly a combination of 2 and 4. It used to be 4's, which are considered ideal. Diary is not very good for my bowels so I eliminated milk, but because I need adequate protein I still eat skyr because I don't feel like eating 500+ grams of meat each day. Bowel movements are 1-3 a day, occassionally pass a day followed by 3 times a day the day after.

I do have to wipe my **** a little because I'm not the perfect, superior human being as OP.