Supplement Advice For A Middle Aged Lady Who Wants To Lose That Stubborn Menopausal Weight

Nemo

Can't get rid of this stubborn 20 lb. menopausal weight gain no matter what I do. I'm eating better than ever, but since reading the forum, guess I'm going to have to up my carbs. I was doing more fat, low carb but getting no where.

In a recent breast cancer thread, someone (sorry I've forgotten your name) posted that she lost weight by ramping up fruit and reducing fat (she switched to no-fat milk for all milk).

That's what worked for me too.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I like Katy Bowman and her alignment exercises. Almost everyone has tight psoas between the lower back and femurs and that will cause the lower abdomen and any external fat layer to stick out. You can see it even on low weight people.
This is really exciting! Thank you

livesimply

@Dolomite I really like Katy Bowman also. I have her "Daily Movement Multivitamin DVD" which is excellent, and @Hildy you can also find lots of her free short videos on YouTube. Another great few DVDs I have are by Jane Adams; she shows great modifications for people at every level.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
@livesimply Katy Bowman has a good business now with lots of workshops. When I found out about her I read all her blogs on her website. Some of them were rambling but the info was great. I think all the old stuff is still available when you search for a specific muscle or body part. I don’t live near any of her workshop locations but I would go to one if I did. I also have her books. And even with this information I am still out of alignment but getting better. @Hildy it is one more of the things to help when menopause shows up.

OP
Hildy

Hildy

In a recent breast cancer thread, someone (sorry I've forgotten your name) posted that she lost weight by ramping up fruit and reducing fat (she switched to no-fat milk for all milk).

That's good to know. That's part of my strategy right now- drinking more milk, eating more dairy and eating more fruit

OP
Hildy

Hildy

@Dolomite I really like Katy Bowman also. I have her "Daily Movement Multivitamin DVD" which is excellent, and @Hildy you can also find lots of her free short videos on YouTube. Another great few DVDs I have are by Jane Adams; she shows great modifications for people at every level.
Thanks!

Taotatoes

Oh my gosh, I don’t think we are old yet just because we are in menopause. :lol:

Hahaha, definitely not saying any of us are "old" persay just because of hormones, but I feel pretty darn geriatric most days if I don't do the right exercise routine with this arthritis. (I personally do a similar seated workout to the Sit and Be Fit with resistance bands when my backs giving me grief, helps me heaps).

Last edited:

Taotatoes

This has also been a helpful strategy for me, I do lots of low fat yogurt with fruit/honey, or cottage cheese with berries, dried/fresh fruit with cheese or milk too, its helped me stay full and lean out while maintaining higher energy levels.

Taotatoes

Happy joy joy, thanks for mentioning this, I'm getting this DVD ASAP.

OP
Hildy

Hildy

This is what I have been doing and it's working. Already lost a few pounds and belly is flatter. But one thing is I am intentionally eating is nutrient dense foods and not junk. Eggs, greens etc. My "sugar" comes in the form of fruit, maple sugar in my coffee and gummy bears occasionally. And saturated fat in small amounts.

OP
Hildy

Hildy

Oh yeah, forgot. I've upped my B vitamin dosages and more vitamins overall.

Jane Wilson

I have found DHEA and pregnenolone caused weight gain for me. I personally have found natural progesterone cream excellent to keep the weight off plus all the other menopause symptoms. I use paraben free products also as I have read they can be hormone and endocrine disrupters. The progesterone cream I use is paraben free, Natpro. This information may be helpful :
The 6 Big Reasons Why Estrogen Dominance and Low Progesterone Can Grea

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals