Caffeine Vs. Thyroid

milk_lover

tara said:
post 112864
milk_lover said:
post 112642 Ok how about vitamin B6? Some people find it effective against migraine and maybe if it's reduced from coffee consumption, migraine shows on the surface?
I've been supplementing ~5mg B6 for quite a while.
I have a long and tedious thread with my experiments and speculation and moaning. :)
:lol: I need to check it out! I noticed usually the women on this forum have their own separate threads, which I think is pretty cool. We learn a lot from your experiments.

Last edited by a moderator:

SQu

milk_lover said:
post 112929
tara said:
post 112864
milk_lover said:
post 112642 Ok how about vitamin B6? Some people find it effective against migraine and maybe if it's reduced from coffee consumption, migraine shows on the surface?
I have a long and tedious thread with my experiments and speculation and moaning. :)
:lol: I need to check it out! I noticed usually the women on this forum have their own separate threads, which I think is pretty cool. We learn a lot from your experiments.

Yes and I'm a bit horrified to see I have over 850 posts of mostly flailing around. In my case, not contributing much but clutter, unlike yours Tara. In the interests of this forum, I'd like to get rid of some of my bla bla bla

milk_lover

SQu said:
post 113007
milk_lover said:
post 112929
tara said:
post 112864
milk_lover said:

Yes and I'm a bit horrified to see I have over 850 posts of mostly flailing around. In my case, not contributing much but clutter, unlike yours Tara. In the interests of this forum, I'd like to get rid of some of my bla bla bla
Please share all your experiences if you feel comfortable, I don't personally mind the bla bla bla things :lol:

tara

SQu said:
post 113007 Yes and I'm a bit horrified to see I have over 850 posts of mostly flailing around. In my case, not contributing much but clutter, unlike yours Tara. In the interests of this forum, I'd like to get rid of some of my bla bla bla
I think your experiments may have been more rigorous and successful than mine. :)

Amazoniac

SQu said:
post 113007
milk_lover said:
post 112929
tara said:
post 112864
milk_lover said:

Sue, nothing beats my record of almost 1000 posts of devotion to the brilliant work of pboy..
By the way, what does that u stand for in your username? And why you changed it?

docall18

docall18 said:
post 112375
DaveFoster said:
post 112307 The caffeine dose to uncouple mitochondrial respiration is quite high in my experience; around 1200-1600 mg. +1 for caffeine helping the liver. Caffeine has benefits that extend well beyond its ability to raise the metabolic rate. Ideally, one would use both T3 and T4 (or NDT), caffeine, aspirin, and niacinamide together.

Many of the potential negative effects of Peat-approved substances (such as the free fatty acid release caused by caffeine consumption, and the potential for rT3 conversion) benefit from synergistic substances like niacinamide (which blocks this fatty acid release), aspirin (which lowers cortisol), pregnenolone (which also lowers cortisol), and cyproheptadine (which lowers prolactin, cortisol, estrogen, and serotonin if my memory serves me correctly). Initially, I was worried about the negative effect of caffeine in regards to sleep, and it does increase sleep latency, but the cognitive benefits of the substance far outweigh the drawbacks.

So, your saying that metabolism increasing effect from caffeine only occur for you at doses of 1200-1600mg?

I use the above mentioned supps, except for cyproheptadine. It feels like it lowers dopamine.

Also, I dont find aspirin does much for cortisol.

Well i found that after a few weeks the caffeine stopped working to raise my temperatures.

Initially it raised my temps up to 37Deg C+. Now I am back to 36.7Deg. I am also taking plenty of thyroid hormone but my temps are staying low. Not sure why the caffeine stopped helping my temperatures..

DaveFoster

docall18 said:
Initially it raised my temps up to 37Deg C+. Now I am back to 36.7Deg. I am also taking plenty of thyroid hormone but my temps are staying low. Not sure why the caffeine stopped helping my temperatures..
What has your calorie intake been like, along with any trending weight loss or gain?

Another data point: caffeine doesn't seem to raise my temps either. Mine are staying low too.

When I started Peating I gained 10 pounds. Now I'm slowly losing it.

smith

..but how do you actually increase the endogenous production of thyroid hormones

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals