Coffee/caffeine Alternatives, With Similar Effects

dookie

I feel like coffee is one of the things which makes me feel the most "normal", and stabilizes a lot of things. It just makes me feel present in the moment, and able to joke with the people around me, less anxious and depressed, more "human".

However, it always ends up causing issues, of the "stress" type. I think they seem like cortisol issues. This is even if it's just a cup of weak coffee with a big meal, sugar, etc. In just a few days, the stress hormone reaction is very high.

So I've been looking for substances which have effects similar to coffee/caffeine. I've tried thyroid, pregnenolone and progesterone, and none of those compare to coffee, for me at least. Coffee also seems to be the strongest anti-estrogen supplement I have found so far. Reading on some internet forums, people claim that inosine (not inositol) has some overlapping effects. (anyone tried inosine and found it similar to caffeine)?

Any substances out there which you have found are similar to caffeine?

LucH

I have no answer for inosine but I would have said, at first sight, to drink tea (from save sources to avoid pesticides, an of cource not from tea-bags) but all tea plants have an affinity for fluoride, which is, as you know, anti-metabolic (thyroid). So, it isn't definitively a good idea!
Note1: Coffee and tea contain both caffeine and theobromine.
Note2: There is no insulin spike with tea, not like with coffee.
Note3: To avoid fixed fluoride and chloride on thyroid gland, watch iodine sources from foods. No iodine "cure" without taking selenium at first!!!

milk_lover

Chocolate can provide caffeine and another substance which is very similar to caffeine.

The stress of coffee can probably be due to its metabolism boosting effects, depleting your vitamins and minerals like b vitamins and magnesium. It could be due to impaired liver function.

From my own experience, things like taurine (probably also glycine; though, I haven't tried it), theanine, aspirin, sugar, and/or milk consumed with coffee helps mitigate stress like reactions from coffee.

OP
D

dookie

Chocolate can provide caffeine and another substance which is very similar to caffeine.

The stress of coffee can probably be due to its metabolism boosting effects, depleting your vitamins and minerals like b vitamins and magnesium. It could be due to impaired liver function.

From my own experience, things like taurine (probably also glycine; though, I haven't tried it), theanine, aspirin, sugar, and/or milk consumed with coffee helps mitigate stress like reactions from coffee.

I'm allergic to chocolate, so that's out.

I've tried combining coffee with the things you mention, and unfortunately they don't make so big of a difference. I know it's probably a weak liver/metabolism/etc that's the cause, but I haven't found a way to fix the issue. Sometimes I'm more tolerant to coffee than others. For example, sometimes even a decaf coffee causes issues, while other times I can have a few coffees in a day without it damaging my sleep, etc. I've been looking for the factors which make a difference for probably more than a year now, and haven't found anything definite.

OP
D

dookie

I have no answer for inosine but I would have said, at first sight, to drink tea (from save sources to avoid pesticides, an of cource not from tea-bags) but all tea plants have an affinity for fluoride, which is, as you know, anti-metabolic (thyroid). So, it isn't definitively a good idea!
Note1: Coffee and tea contain both caffeine and theobromine.
Note2: There is no insulin spike with tea, not like with coffee.
Note3: To avoid fixed fluoride and chloride on thyroid gland, watch iodine sources from foods. No iodine "cure" without taking selenium at first!!!

So to consume or not to consume tea? Consume tea but increase iodine?

milk_lover

I'm allergic to chocolate, so that's out.

I've tried combining coffee with the things you mention, and unfortunately they don't make so big of a difference. I know it's probably a weak liver/metabolism/etc that's the cause, but I haven't found a way to fix the issue. Sometimes I'm more tolerant to coffee than others. For example, sometimes even a decaf coffee causes issues, while other times I can have a few coffees in a day without it damaging my sleep, etc. I've been looking for the factors which make a difference for probably more than a year now, and haven't found anything definite.
Yeah it could be frustrating to find the right formula because we change a lot of factors. What kind of coffee do you drink? have you tried to drink OJ with coffee? I did an experiment when I first started peating where I took biotin, which helps the liver hold onto glycogen, and drank two or three cups of OJ.. then I waited some times and had a cup of coffee. I didn't have a stress reaction from coffee; in fact, it made me more calm!

LucH

So to consume or not to consume tea? Consume tea but increase iodine?
You must first saturate thyroid with good minerals (magnesium & selenium are often too low) and not being over-burnt (adrenal exhaustion).
If you think you can manage when bringing enough iode from foodstuff, I 'd take it into consideration. Let's say 3 mugs a day, from the same dosis.
And then try to find another way to arise metabolism. + liver cure. Like "Resium", here in Europe (phytotherapy for kidnezy stones and liver overburdened)
RESIUM for (to see some components).
If your liver doesn't metabolize well, you won't be able to take cafeine . Try first to fix it. ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals