Alternative To Caffeine? Dopamine Agonist Without GABA Antagonism/NMDA Agonism?

TeaRex14

Thyroid is a great alternative to caffeine. In fact, most people should probably at least experiment with thyroid before doing mega doses of caffeine. 1/2 grain is all I need in a day.

KyleKingsly

Unfortunately amisulpride raises prolactin noticeably at any dose (as confirmed by studies also). However, it is good for catching a nice dopamine hedonic feeling buzz occasionally, maybe once or twice a week if you don't have issues with prolactin (meaning doing nofap).

I also recently came across Homotaurine, the only GABA B antagonist on the market. Having felt how powerfully GABA B agonists like phenibut and f-phenibut impact motivation (probs thru dopamine downstream), I think this is gonna be a great supplement to boost my hedonic tone and natural motivation while reducing anxiety. The one thing to keep in mind is that in the short run (for about 4 hours after dosing with food, so I've heard), it will have the opposite of all these nice effects, causing increased anxiety and lack of motivation from the antagonism on GABA B. However, the upregulation of the receptor should be worth it, just don't take it when you are going to be social or have very important work to get done quickly I think.

I got mine from supersmart, it's technically banned here in the U.S. but I ordered and received it just fine from them. Haven't really tried it yet but anecdotal reports on users recovering from GABA B agonist abuse (phenibut) on reddit are highly promising generally speaking.

InChristAlone

Ascorbic acid gives me a mood boost.

RobertJM

Unfortunately amisulpride raises prolactin noticeably at any dose (as confirmed by studies also). However, it is good for catching a nice dopamine hedonic feeling buzz occasionally, maybe once or twice a week if you don't have issues with prolactin (meaning doing nofap).

I also recently came across Homotaurine, the only GABA B antagonist on the market. Having felt how powerfully GABA B agonists like phenibut and f-phenibut impact motivation (probs thru dopamine downstream), I think this is gonna be a great supplement to boost my hedonic tone and natural motivation while reducing anxiety. The one thing to keep in mind is that in the short run (for about 4 hours after dosing with food, so I've heard), it will have the opposite of all these nice effects, causing increased anxiety and lack of motivation from the antagonism on GABA B. However, the upregulation of the receptor should be worth it, just don't take it when you are going to be social or have very important work to get done quickly I think.

I got mine from supersmart, it's technically banned here in the U.S. but I ordered and received it just fine from them. Haven't really tried it yet but anecdotal reports on users recovering from GABA B agonist abuse (phenibut) on reddit are highly promising generally speaking.

Have you tried it yet?

GreekDemiGod

Why do I get no energy from caffeine? I drink 3 double espresso's daily? The dopamine hit is also very, very mild.

InChristAlone

Why do I get no energy from caffeine? I drink 3 double espresso's daily? The dopamine hit is also very, very mild.
Might need to cycle it. You've become dependent instead of getting the energy hit.

Frankdee20

Sulbutiamine (synthetic fat soluable B-1) is purported to increase D-1 receptor density.

DMAA
Pseudoephedrine
Dopamine itself via green bananas or green banana peel

Frankdee20

DMAA
Pseudoephedrine
Dopamine itself via green bananas or green banana peel

It is hard to obtain straight ephedrine in the US anymore. It is basically identical to amphetamine in skeleton

Kingpinguin

So I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I have a love hate relationship with caffeine. I love the energy and dopamine boost it gives me. I hate the anxiety I get from it . I'm a bit of an anxious guy which I developed later in life. Whenever I take a GABA agonist or NMDA antagonist, it greatly reduces my anxiety, especially social anxiety. Problem is I don't have the energy or motivation to do anything without caffeine. I've tried no caffeine for months and it severely messes with my energy levels to the point of affecting work.

So my question is, what are the alternatives? Any experiences with successful alternates?

Things that I've tried that are hit or miss
-Lisuride
-Tyrosine
-DHEA (increases estrogen too much for me)
-Pregnenolone (Decent, but at times feels like it increases my estrogen)

I've also tried caffeine with GABA agonists like Theanine and Taurine, but it doesn't seem to be enough GABA agonist to offset the caffeine.

you have to address the original low energy problem. I was like that at one point. Low energy, fatigued all the time. Zero drive to accomplish anything. On top of that I had anxiety issues. And caffeine made it worse so did hangovers aswell. But I still needed caffeine to actually function. Something is not right. You’re not supposed to be fatigued and anxious without coffee. Coffee help short term in people who are fatigued but will only worsen you long term. Think it’s sort of a chronic fatigue scenario. Which in my opinion usually is a energy problem. Something in the energy chain is broken in your body. And the domino effect. Thats why so many of the symptoms seems to be like it could be anything. Like chronic fatigue, hypothyroidism, hypogonadism, depression, anxiety, adrenal fatigue. The problem with all those diagnoses is they are just terms to describe a state a person is in. It does nothing to point a direction. But B12 deficiency can cause many of those symptoms for example and the name even explains the cause. Easy cure. Fix your B12 status. Im not saying it is B12. Many nutrients can be the cause of your state. And it can even be a combination of nutrients that play part in an enzyme thats needed which you lack. For example ceruloplasmin which if you lack it youll get iron deficiency symptoms and iron deficiency symptoms can be fatigue, anxiety, zero drive. They can be weak symptoms or they can be life crippling symptoms. And ceruloplasmin needs copper, retinol, magnesium and many other nutrients to function properly. You basically need to figure out the root cause of why you have fatigue and anxiety. Its extremely easy for a doctor to say ”oh well that just happens to people.” Well it does not... dont accept that. Its bull****. We all share the same chemistry. And if milions of people around you can feel good why wouldnt you be? How do you fix it you nay ask. Well trial and error. Reading diagnoses and trying to analyse a pattern. Do blood tests to see what you can find. What are the optimal blood levels of specific nutrients and what is the reference ranges. Thats what I did and eventually you’ll figure it all out. Its a hassel and it might take 1-2 years even if you put your mind to it. But the reward is health. And its worth it. Knowledge is power.

postman

Theobromine maybe? I've never tried taking pure theobromine but I think it might fit the bill.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals