Body Spray

DaveFoster

Using B-vitamins make me stink, probably the thiamine.

I use deodorant, but does anyone know a good source of body spray without aluminum and preferably other additives?

I'd love to hear testimonials of people using hydrogen peroxide, vodka, magnesium spray, or baking soda deodorant. I want something that's monumentally powerful at taking away odors, so I won't have to worry whatsoever, and also it's important that it won't stain clothes.

jimjim

I was introduced to making my own deodorant a few years ago and I swear by it. 3 tablespoons of coconut oil 1 tablespoon of bicarb. Mix together into a paste. Pea size amount under the arm pit and hands down the best deodorant I have ever come across.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I was introduced to making my own deodorant a few years ago and I swear by it. 3 tablespoons of coconut oil 1 tablespoon of bicarb. Mix together into a paste. Pea size amount under the arm pit and hands down the best deodorant I have ever come across.
I did the same thing for a while, but I stopped using it, so I'll remake some.

I'm also concerned with smells from the skin (besides the armpits), so maybe CO+baking soda deodorant plus a wipe down with vodka/H2O2, followed by sprays with milk of magnesia, and then cologne/aftershave over clothing.

squanch

Yes, I do this too. You can add some starch (cornstarch or potato starch) to it during the hotter months to make sure it doesn't get to liquid. Try to use the brand of baking soda that is the finest, otherwise it will be a bit rough when you apply it.

spicegirl

I've tried them all and made all the recipes and finally started using magnesium oil and it works! My goal was to be able to wear the same t-shirt a few days in a row (sexy, I know!). And, now I can.

I make my own from mag flakes and just put it in a spray bottle.

ONE WARNING: DO NOT USE IMMEDIATELY AFTER SHAVING!
I shave the night before (or just use some Aztec Indian Clay with a bit of baking soda when I shave in the morning). Be sure to wait a few hours though...trust me!

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I've tried them all and made all the recipes and finally started using magnesium oil and it works! My goal was to be able to wear the same t-shirt a few days in a row (sexy, I know!). And, now I can.

I shave the night before (or just use some Aztec Indian Clay with a bit of baking soda when I shave in the morning). Be sure to wait a few hours though...trust me!
How brave of you to try such a feat; I cannot, having to change my shirt twice every day, and the last shaving I underwent was for swimming in high school. You wouldn't imagine the flak a man gets for shaving his armpits.

I have a cousin who has a healthy male scent; even when he goes to the bathroom, he never leaves any offensive smell.

theLaw

Milk of Magnesia.

Tried everything you listed (except magnesium spray) with no luck. Best deodorant I've found......just cover with cologne as it has no fragrance.

0b1909b8-6557-4ccf-b8e8-84008d54d88b_1.e93b42103f7687fbdff744a7fedaad7d.jpeg

raypeatclips

I just get a tsp or two of bicarbonate of soda in each hand, drip a little water into the hand to make a paste then rub onto my arm pits. Sometimes leaves a stain on the clothes if I've used too much bicarb or not let it dry, but always washes right out. I went a week without washing so you can imagine there was quite a scent around my armpits, doing what I described above and in this instance rubbish the paste into my armpits well eliminated the smell.

800mRepeats

Yep. Began doing this a few years ago. I LOVE being able to re-wear my t-shirts!
I do follow on with a little swipe of coconut or MCT oil - seems to sooth any stinging and might add a layer of anti-bacterial protection.

One small thing I have yet to work out - traveling.
I've tried a few different small spray bottles; they have all leaked in transit (even one from Haidut which didn't leak its original contents during shipping to me). Consequently, I double-baggie the bottle and usually end up just taking a swipe or two from the leaked contents in the baggie, rather than bothering to spray.

RELATED TIP: Add epsom salts to the laundry when washing workout clothes - this keeps them from acquiring perma-funk.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Milk of Magnesia.

Tried everything you listed (except magnesium spray) with no luck. Best deodorant I've found......just cover with cologne as it has no fragrance.

0b1909b8-6557-4ccf-b8e8-84008d54d88b_1.e93b42103f7687fbdff744a7fedaad7d.jpeg
You can also get bulk magnesium hydroxide powder and make a solution that's 80 mg magnesium hydroxide per mL of water, which is equivalent to store-bought milk of magnesia, and it's much cheaper.

theLaw

You can also get bulk magnesium hydroxide powder and make a solution that's 80 mg magnesium hydroxide per mL of water, which is equivalent to store-bought milk of magnesia, and it's much cheaper.

This is why I could never be cheap....................sounds like too much work to me.

One bottle of MoM looks like it would last forever as you only need a small amount each application.

However, the powder might be a more practical deodorant.:cool:

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I've been using the homemade milk of magnesia, and it seems to work, and I will add in the hydrogen peroxide and alcohol mixture. I can't smell myself at all, so hopefully neither can others. Here's the protocol I'm using:
  1. Shower, preferably with water passed through a chlorine filter
  2. Towel dry
  3. Spray the 50/50 mixture of hydrogen peroxide (3%) and ethyl alcohol (~90%) over your entire body excluding your face, ears, nose, mouth, eyes, and hair; alternatively, wet a clean rag and rub down your entire body
  4. Allow time for the solution to evaporate
  5. Spray the magnesium hydroxide solution over your entire body excluding the places mentioned in step 3
  6. Apply a small amount of coconut oil deodorant to each armpit
  7. Allow the magnesium hydroxide solution to dry on the skin
  8. Dress
  9. Optional: Apply a scent of your choice, preferably without toxic additives
Foster’s Peatarian Hygiene Protocol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals