Wooshing blurring sounds induced temporary few second hearing loss in the left ear

Explorer

Ever since the start of puberty, I sometimes have had times when I temporarily for a few seconds have like hearing loss in the left ear, like it gets overwhelmed by this sudden sound sometimes for a few seconds and then returns to normal it doesn't happen often but I feel like it happens more when the overall inflammation is higher I have had times when it never happened for months however the last days it occurred like once each day, what causes these sudden temporary reduced hearing noises?

Diokine

The hypothalamus and pituitary coordinate efforts to maintain coherent activity in the vascular system. Modulation of the paraventricular nucleus alters spinal sympathetic tone generated by the brain stem, and projections to the posterior pituitary modulate important channels maintaining the adrenals and central vascular structures. So the picture is one of precise central control of vascular homeostasis. This is accomplished through hormones generated in the hypothalamus, vasopressin and oxytocin, and sometimes prolactin. One way to analyze the effect of these hormones is by looking at the output of the neurons they influence. Sufficient release of hormone will cause a shift from tonic spking, stimulatory nerve spike that are spaced far enough apart as to not the change the basal set point of structures, to phasic spiking, which is stimulation robust enough to exceed a threshold and change the phase of nervous patterns. So I think what you experience is probably related to a release of these hormones initiating a phasic spike a the subsequent response of tissue to the stimulation. This might also be explained by a transient swelling induced by the hormones. I think reduced dopaminergic tone and prolactin might be important.

1607703941994.png

OP
E

Explorer

The hypothalamus and pituitary coordinate efforts to maintain coherent activity in the vascular system. Modulation of the paraventricular nucleus alters spinal sympathetic tone generated by the brain stem, and projections to the posterior pituitary modulate important channels maintaining the adrenals and central vascular structures. So the picture is one of precise central control of vascular homeostasis. This is accomplished through hormones generated in the hypothalamus, vasopressin and oxytocin, and sometimes prolactin. One way to analyze the effect of these hormones is by looking at the output of the neurons they influence. Sufficient release of hormone will cause a shift from tonic spking, stimulatory nerve spike that are spaced far enough apart as to not the change the basal set point of structures, to phasic spiking, which is stimulation robust enough to exceed a threshold and change the phase of nervous patterns. So I think what you experience is probably related to a release of these hormones initiating a phasic spike a the subsequent response of tissue to the stimulation. This might also be explained by a transient swelling induced by the hormones. I think reduced dopaminergic tone and prolactin might be important.

View attachment 20643
So you are saying less Dopamine and more Prolactin could be causing that?

TheSir

I have that occassionally. A rising woosh of white noise followed by hearing loss and high pitched ringing that gradually normalizes in the next 5-10 seconds. The response is not unlike having something loud explode next to your ear. Never thought much about it though.

OP
E

Explorer

I have that occassionally. A rising woosh of white noise followed by hearing loss and high pitched ringing that gradually normalizes in the next 5-10 seconds. The response is not unlike having something loud explode next to your ear. Never thought much about it though.
Yeah that is exactly what I have obviously it doesn't really impact much but I was just curious about the mechanism behind that, do you recall if you always had it or it started at a specific age and if you ever notice that during some specific different lifestyle you have never had it occur I wonder if it could be a signaler of some specific biochemical states being different and could be used to determine that.

TheSir

Yeah that is exactly what I have obviously it doesn't really impact much but I was just curious about the mechanism behind that, do you recall if you always had it or it started at a specific age and if you ever notice that during some specific different lifestyle you have never had it occur I wonder if it could be a signaler of some specific biochemical states being different and could be used to determine that.
To me it was always something that happened once in a blue moon since as far back as I can remember. I'm afraid I can't be of much help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals