With Questions S Not Already Asked

heartnhands

Please help with any advice in balancing "peatarian" sort of diet and the use of VYVANCE.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Please help with any advice in balancing "peatarian" sort of diet and the use of VYVANCE.
I used to take vyvanse for cfs years ago and it's an amphetamine so if you are able to wean off of it gradually I think that would be ideal long term for your stress hormone levels. I actually weaned off of it before discovering Peat because I was diagnosed with celiac disease and it contains gluten. You can still eat 'Peat style' (however you interpret that) while taking vyvanse so please don't think I'm trying to pressure you in any way into stopping the drug. I believe forum member @Kasper weaned off adderall after joining here so he may have some pointers if you are interested in coming off the drug. Welcome to the forum!
Ray Peat Diet, Food Choices, and General Guidelines

OP
heartnhands

heartnhands

I used to take vyvanse for cfs years ago and it's an amphetamine so if you are able to wean off of it gradually I think that would be ideal long term for your stress hormone levels. I actually weaned off of it before discovering Peat because I was diagnosed with celiac disease and it contains gluten. You can still eat 'Peat style' (however you interpret that) while taking vyvanse so please don't think I'm trying to pressure you in any way into stopping the drug. I believe forum member @Kasper weaned off adderall after joining here so he may have some pointers if you are interested in coming off the drug. Welcome to the forum!
Ray Peat Diet, Food Choices, and General Guidelines
Thanks for your response. Never knew Vyvance contains gluten. Where or how might I inquire about such ingredients? My intentions are to deminished stress hormones and optimize metabolism. After a severe frontal lobe concussion recovering functional memory was constantly frustrated. The use of Vyvance made planning, acting, and rethinking much easier. Forgive me for asking what is cfs? Glad you have found your way beyond any harm. I'm a visiting massage therapist and want to grow my practice in alignment with solid personal health. Thanks for mentioning the success of member Kasper. :raisinghand:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks for your response. Never knew Vyvance contains gluten. Where or how might I inquire about such ingredients? My intentions are to deminished stress hormones and optimize metabolism. After a severe frontal lobe concussion recovering functional memory was constantly frustrated. The use of Vyvance made planning, acting, and rethinking much easier. Forgive me for asking what is cfs? Glad you have found your way beyond any harm. I'm a visiting massage therapist and want to grow my practice in alignment with solid personal health. Thanks for mentioning the success of member Kasper. :raisinghand:
Oh, cfs is chronic fatigue syndrome.
You're welcome. @haidut posted some suggestions to @Kasper in a thread for helping him come off adderall and I believe they both will be alerted to this thread so I'm thinking that one of them will be able to chime in within the next few days.

I only found out that vyvanse contained gluten after I started the gluten free diet and kept having symptoms. Luckily I knew the pharmaceutical rep for vyvanse in my area so he gave me a phone number to directly call the manufacturer and they verified that it did indeed contain gluten as a filler. They may have changed things since then so I can't say for sure if that's the case anymore and it probably isn't enough gluten to even matter for most people. If a person has celiac disease there is a drug database that lists which meds are considered safe.
Alpha Drug List I believe this is a US centric database so it might not help for people in other countries or when ordering abroad.

I'm very hopeful that you will be able to get your focus back and achieve optimal personal health. Many of us here have made great strides in that direction so I think you're in the right place. Best wishes to you in your endeavors.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals