Alcoholism. Curable By The Peat Diet?

CJ_87

Hi guys, Peatish diet

Do you think that a diet based upon Peatarian principals would be nutritionally superior to an addictive alcohol-based diet? I have heard that many alcoholics find that alcohol is best replaced by a high-sugar diet. I find that a sugar and sat-fat based diet helps me best, I have asked a few questions on here, but I have done so mostly from a non-acknowledged alcoholic point of view.

You can hate or despise me for that, and you may even be right to do so, but I believe that the best way fr me is the sweets-over-booze diet. I may have even responded to certain members whilst under the influence of alcohol, but I would like to apologise to those that I have. My attempts at standard serotonin anti-depressants were marred and confused by my alcoholism.

So, essentially, if I offended you by my eccentric responses, please bear in mind that I was not entirely myself whilst posting, and that I am more than the responses I posted. (Also, that I now understand the dynamics that were occurring during that time, and that I was not aware of everything sexually discriminatory!

Fractality

Well, alcohol (ab)use is strongly correlated with high cortisol/stress. Sugar, saturated fat and other Peaty things lower cortisol so yes it is possible.

Waynish

Instead of saying "Peat diet" I would say, "alcoholism can be cured by restoring stable sugar metabolism."

Peatful

Hi guys, Peatish diet

Do you think that a diet based upon Peatarian principals would be nutritionally superior to an addictive alcohol-based diet? I have heard that many alcoholics find that alcohol is best replaced by a high-sugar diet. I find that a sugar and sat-fat based diet helps me best, I have asked a few questions on here, but I have done so mostly from a non-acknowledged alcoholic point of view.

You can hate or despise me for that, and you may even be right to do so, but I believe that the best way fr me is the sweets-over-booze diet. I may have even responded to certain members whilst under the influence of alcohol, but I would like to apologise to those that I have. My attempts at standard serotonin anti-depressants were marred and confused by my alcoholism.

So, essentially, if I offended you by my eccentric responses, please bear in mind that I was not entirely myself whilst posting, and that I am more than the responses I posted. (Also, that I now understand the dynamics that were occurring during that time, and that I was not aware of everything sexually discriminatory!
Yes. I wholeheartedly believe his insights and truths into our physiology will aid you on your journey to wholeness. That's what most of us are looking for... Wholeness. No need for shame here. We all have our weaknesses. Best to you warrior brother.