Why Is My Waking Temp & Pulse Still Low?

Steve

Finally, after changing diet, and being on thyroid for a while, my afternoon temp is getting above 98 (pulse 60-70).

But for almost a year now my waking temp is usually 97.1 & my waking pulse is 52.

What would cause such a low waking temp/pulse? What do I need to work on?

Mufasa

I had this for a while. I think focus on lowering serotonin had helped improve it.

And just patience I guess

OP
S

Steve

Never really looked into serotonin. The other strange thing I have pretty much every morning is this:

I wake up & feel pretty ok. Then after about 30-45 minutes of sitting around I'll feel my head get woozy/lightheaded/somewhat dizzy.
That feeling also makes me feel fatigued, and easily agitated which probably has to do with how exhausted it makes me feel.
Then after a while it usually goes away for the most part, sometimes while driving to work. Sometimes later in the day.

It is significantly worse if I try to do anything meticulous in the morning such as make breakfast.
If I do anything that is just a little frustrating the lightheadedness & fatigue come on stronger.
It's like I can't handle even a tiny bit of stress early in the morning.

WestCoaster

How much are you actually sleeping, and is it actually restful? My waking temperature at my worst was 36.5 (97.7). Now my waking is actually around 36.7 to 36.8 (98.2), and about 37.1/37.2 during the day. If I dont sleep well, it will go back to 36.5. Proper sleep has a lot to do with it. From what you're describing though, it seems like it's more of a blood sugar issue and it also seems like a low Testosterone issue. In fact, the symptoms you describe are classic of low Test. It seems your blood sugar is dropping and your body either doesn't have much ability to burn fat for energy (This is essentially a sugar crash), and/or insulin resistance is getting in the way due to diet and cortisol. For all intensive purposes, insulin blocks Testosterone production so living a lifestyle or engaging in a diet that supports elevated insulin levels (which sugar and starches do) will hinder Test and ultimately lead to the symptoms you describe. Cortisol in and itself also is directly related to Testosterone; as one rises the other falls. Poor sleep can elevate Cortisol, just as a diet that constantly has elevated and crashing blood sugar.

I can give you some advice because I came from the exact same scenario you did; stop with all sugar and starches and move to higher fat, and don't worry about calories. Eat to satiety, and even still it might help to eat over satiety for the first week or 2. The issues stopped when the sugar/starch consumption stopped and it took about 3 weeks to reverse it and get things back to normal.

OP
S

Steve

Seems like such a mess to untangle.
I sleep 8 hours every night (usually wake up once to pee, but I usually fall back asleep ok).

Nov 2015:
I had low testosterone: 393
I had low DHEA: 181 (although the Dutch Adrenal test said DHEAS was at high end of range)
I had high morning cortisol: 22.5 (although the Dutch Adrenal test said free cortisol was elevated, but metabolized cortisol was within range)

More recently:
DHEA was down even lower to 130.
Morning cortisol is now low at 6.7.
Free T3 looked good, Free T4 still too low (new test tomorrow).

I was eating very high fat prior to Peat.......how high are you talking?
Right now, eating more Peaty, I'm at 35% fat.
My glucose was 98 which is fairly normal I guess, but I do get some crushing fatigue some days which mysteriously fades away.

Sometimes I'll get the really bad fatigue & dizzy head just from shopping & trying to pick things out & feeling social anxiety. I'll feel it start to come on & it just gets worse
until I get out of there & turn my mind off. Once it hits I feel like I could lay down anywhere & rest because I just feel completely trashed.

GreekDemiGod

How much are you actually sleeping, and is it actually restful? My waking temperature at my worst was 36.5 (97.7). Now my waking is actually around 36.7 to 36.8 (98.2), and about 37.1/37.2 during the day. If I dont sleep well, it will go back to 36.5. Proper sleep has a lot to do with it. From what you're describing though, it seems like it's more of a blood sugar issue and it also seems like a low Testosterone issue. In fact, the symptoms you describe are classic of low Test. It seems your blood sugar is dropping and your body either doesn't have much ability to burn fat for energy (This is essentially a sugar crash), and/or insulin resistance is getting in the way due to diet and cortisol. For all intensive purposes, insulin blocks Testosterone production so living a lifestyle or engaging in a diet that supports elevated insulin levels (which sugar and starches do) will hinder Test and ultimately lead to the symptoms you describe. Cortisol in and itself also is directly related to Testosterone; as one rises the other falls. Poor sleep can elevate Cortisol, just as a diet that constantly has elevated and crashing blood sugar.

I can give you some advice because I came from the exact same scenario you did; stop with all sugar and starches and move to higher fat, and don't worry about calories. Eat to satiety, and even still it might help to eat over satiety for the first week or 2. The issues stopped when the sugar/starch consumption stopped and it took about 3 weeks to reverse it and get things back to normal.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spartan300

I'm curious about whether @Steve tried dropping the sugar and what happened if so?

In the last 8 months or so I've upped sugar intake & all that's happened is I've gotten fatter.... I know at least for me that if I ever get proper deep restful sleep everything else falls into place.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals