How To Raise Pulse?

Peaterpeater

So living a quite sedentary life is almost a requirement for getting healthy (when you have a slow metabolism). We have always been told that exercise IS the way to get healthy. No wonder every time I get back into "health" mode (for the umpteenth time) and start a new exercise program, I end up feeling worse with an even lowered pulse. Is this true or am I imagining that exercise is making me less healthy? This is very hard to explain to my disbelieving husband who is pushing me to exercise to lose weight. What can i say to him? @ Tara, please chime in.

Jsaute21

I am of a similar demographic (male, 21 years old) and having very similar issues.
I can steadily keep my temp at 97.9-98.6 but my resting pulse can range anywhere from 52bpm-70bpm. Usually in the 60's.
I come from a very heavy sport background- competing running and downhill skateboarding.
From what I understand, pulse is usually the last marker to come up.
I've been focusing on high carb (sugar and starch) moderate protein and really low fat, to rid PUFA as soon as possible. Also really upped my caloric intake, as I learned I've been underrating for years.
Definitely feeling and seeing small improvements every day, especially with the raise in calories.
@tyler this is essentially exactly where I am in my journey now. Since this was a year ago now, I am curious if your pulse has risen @tyler? I know you are feeling pretty damn good.

tyler

@tyler this is essentially exactly where I am in my journey now. Since this was a year ago now, I am curious if your pulse has risen @tyler? I know you are feeling pretty damn good.
I don't really track my pulse anymore, but it's definately not over 85BPM while resting.

Jsaute21

I don't really track my pulse anymore, but it's definately not over 85BPM while resting.

Yeah, i think its smart to not track pulse once one is feeling better. There are times when i feel fine, even decently sharp, then i check pulse. If its lower than i expect/want i get bummed and feel as if i am not making progress etc. It can be a fine line if one has a somewhat obsessive personality.

How were you able to raise it so substantially? I can get it there occasionally but am in the 60's, even 50's at rest often.

Regina

Yeah, i think its smart to not track pulse once one is feeling better. There are times when i feel fine, even decently sharp, then i check pulse. If its lower than i expect/want i get bummed and feel as if i am not making progress etc. It can be a fine line if one has a somewhat obsessive personality.

How were you able to raise it so substantially? I can get it there occasionally but am in the 60's, even 50's at rest often.
I've experienced the same. Feeling wonderful, looking forward to training and then I check my pulse. 66. Then I get bummed.
My pulse is oddly always higher in the evenings though. Especially if i have any spirits. If I have a post-dinner cocktail, my temps and pulse are perfect.
So, I don't know what the moral of that story is.

Jsaute21

I've experienced the same. Feeling wonderful, looking forward to training and then I check my pulse. 66. Then I get bummed.
My pulse is oddly always higher in the evenings though. Especially if i have any spirits. If I have a post-dinner cocktail, my temps and pulse are perfect.
So, I don't know what the moral of that story is.
Yep, i think i react similarly to a drink or two.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals