Can over-eating raise temp and pulse?

gaze

Tried the ice cream and potatos thing you suggested to try to get better sleep and chill adrenaline out. Doesn't seem like it worked. Added like 1.8k cals to diet and still dealing with adrenaline and sleeplessness. This is so frustrsting
what effect is it having on your weight? are you stable?

Pistachio

I wouldn't say ''fasting is key'' because I think context is important, but yeah there is something there.
The major religions fast. There is something fasting can do to the body that herbs and exercise cannot. It is enhanced, drastically, by prayer. That's why priests simply tell their parishioners to pray and fast. Spirit and body, as one.

gaze

Yes weight is hovering around 195 not going up or down
Your stress hormones are burning through calories like crazy then. is it possible your eating an allergen? when this all started around time the antibiotics, did you introduce a food you had not eaten before? do you feel any worse/better after certain foods

gaze

i also do think it's possible to be eating too much food which causes excess stimulation leading to more stress. are you hungry when you eat or are you force feeding to lower stress?

theotokos

Eating more calories should help produce more heat by definition, but of course, a lot will depend on which foods you overeat. I can definitely say that this happens to me: if I have big portions of the foods I usually eat (which I can digest), I will get much warmer, yes. On the other hand, let's say that I overeat during Christmas, with whatever food there is around during those holidays, then the outcome is very different.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Your stress hormones are burning through calories like crazy then. is it possible your eating an allergen? when this all started around time the antibiotics, did you introduce a food you had not eaten before? do you feel any worse/better after certain foods

Maybe, but didn't introduce any weird foods. Maybe I had a mild allergy to penecilin and taking it that long messed me up? That doesn't explain why when I got off it everything went to hell tho.

I think alot of this has to do with isolation and state of mind as well. Hung out with some friends yesterday and ended up sleeping well last night.

Bod is def over tired and chewing thru cals. Just keep over eating and keep hanging with friends and I'm hoping I'll be back on track. Fingers crossed.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

i also do think it's possible to be eating too much food which causes excess stimulation leading to more stress. are you hungry when you eat or are you force feeding to lower stress?
Little bit of both.lol

mrchibbs

The major religions fast. There is something fasting can do to the body that herbs and exercise cannot. It is enhanced, drastically, by prayer. That's why priests simply tell their parishioners to pray and fast. Spirit and body, as one.

I don't see it as a good justification for fasting at all. But to each his own.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

More food, more endotoxins.
Elaborate.

@haidut mentioned in one of his shows that fasting loses benefits after a day or two. Endotoxins will decrease but after that you are mostly just eating yourself.

Not that haidut is god, I'd be curious to hear your take on fasting.

mrchibbs

Elaborate.

@haidut mentioned in one of his shows that fasting loses benefits after a day or two. Endotoxins will decrease but after that you are mostly just eating yourself.

Not that haidut is god, I'd be curious to hear your take on fasting.

Indeed, fasting and caloric restriction in general has been associated with health and longevity, but there are quite a few studies highlighting how the benefits of calorie restriction (say in an intermittent fasting setting) can be replicated by either of: methionine/tryptophan or PUFA restriction or indeed lowering endotoxin. Clearly it's not purely about avoiding all foods.

Fasting may indeed have benefits in terms of autophagy and the like, but a very healthy person with optimal thyroid function already has great phagocytic processes (thyroid increases autophagy). I think the catabolic downsides of "fasting" can be compensated by providing a constant supply of minerals, with mineral water or broth. But for some people fasting is such an ideological activity that it either has to be dry or water only.

I can see even a week-long fast being protective and healing, providing sufficient minerals are provided throughout, possibly from a broth.