Can over-eating raise temp and pulse?

Sam321

Been eating 6k calories a day for a couple days to combat exhaustion.

Can over eating cause a raise in metabolism? My under arm temp is 98.4 (usually 97.8) and resting pulse is in 85-95 range.

MidBicep

Can over eating cause a raise in metabolism? My under arm temp is 98.4 (usually 97.8) and resting pulse is in 85-95 range.
The only way for me to overeat is beef and rice which are both suboptimal for various reasons. It doesn't make me feel better. However when I just eat dairy and sugars whenever I want without really counting calories or macros (just having an idea to consume a bit of protein in the day) I feel much better. For me it's quantity > quality

OP
Sam321

Sam321

The only way for me to overeat is beef and rice which are both suboptimal for various reasons. It doesn't make me feel better. However when I just eat dairy and sugars whenever I want without really counting calories or macros (just having an idea to consume a bit of protein in the day) I feel much better. For me it's quantity > quality
CONTEXT: I ate 2 pints of hagen daz on top of my normal meals.

M

metabolizm

I often find over-eating stressful, and it makes me colder. (I mean eating a huge meal way beyond the point of satiation).

mrchibbs

Not really, in my experience. Eating to satiety is necessary, but things like reducing endotoxin, improving muscle mass, earlier bed time and better sleep, daily walk, sunshine exposure, all those things help increase temperature, while simply eating a gigantic amount is more likely to make you more sluggish and fat. You can ramp up the calories as your metabolism improves, and not really as means of improving metabolism, at least beyond the initial stage of breaking the stress cycle.

Last edited:
OP
Sam321

Sam321

Not really, in my experience. Eating to satiety is necessary, but things like reducing endotoxin, improving muscle mass, earlier bed time and better sleep, daily walk, sunshine exposure, all those things help increase temperature.

IMO, yes.
Seems to be the case. Maybe its just stressful on the body to digest that much?

But why would under arm temp be up then?

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Not really, in my experience. Eating to satiety is necessary, but things like reducing endotoxin, improving muscle mass, earlier bed time and better sleep, daily walk, sunshine exposure, all those things help increase temperature, while simply eating a gigantic amount is more likely to make you more sluggish and fat. You can ramp up the calories as your metabolism improves, and not really as means of improving metabolism, at least beyond the initial stage of breaking the stress cycle.
Only thing else that I could think of is cbd/thc I took 3.5 before?

tankasnowgod

Potentially, yes. I don't think it's a guarantee, as per other's experience and comments here. But it certainly makes sense that raising overall calories can raise metabolic rate. Especially if you were under eating previously, or not getting adequate sugars or what have you.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Potentially, yes. I don't think it's a guarantee, as per other's experience and comments here. But it certainly makes sense that raising overall calories can raise metabolic rate. Especially if you were under eating previously, or not getting adequate sugars or what have you.
Hadn't slept in 4 days. Last night was 3rd night of sleeping. Maybe just digging out of a hole?

tankasnowgod

Hadn't slept in 4 days. Last night was 3rd night of sleeping. Maybe just digging out of a hole?
Maybe.

I have no idea how anyone lasts more than 30 or so hours without sleep. I have never been able to do that in my life.

Pistachio

Seems to be the case. Maybe its just stressful on the body to digest that much?

But why would under arm temp be up then?
Yes. Your body will divert energy and blood to the digestive tract to help in the excess digestion required. In contrast, fasting has the opposite effect, which is why deep healing tends to take place during fasting.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Maybe.

I have no idea how anyone lasts more than 30 or so hours without sleep. I have never been able to do that in my life.
This qualifies as surviving sure, but I sacrificed my sanity and personality for it. It has been hell.

mrchibbs

Yes. Your body will divert energy and blood to the digestive tract to help in the excess digestion required. In contrast, fasting has the opposite effect, which is why deep healing tends to take place during fasting.

This is a good point I think. Most people are so sick and underfed that initially they do require a lot of food, perhaps for several months, but after the period of acute stress is passed, a time of relative underfeeding, including some careful version of fasting (I think intermittent fasting is safest) is probably warranted and helps support regenerative processes. This is likely why it's important to not go to sleep with a full belly, to allocate the blood/oxygen supply to the other tissues which may need it for repair/renewal.

gaze

I have never had a warming effect from ice cream. it either makes me cold if I eat a normal sized portion, or increases adrenaline and makes me breath heavily if I eat too much, a pint or more in a sitting for example. I tried pounding it to gain weight since im underweight, but I stopped cause it wasn't increasing my weight and felt worse every time. Even homemade ice cream, not just haagen daaz

Pistachio

This is a good point I think. Most people are so sick and underfed that initially they do require a lot of food, perhaps for several months, but after the period of acute stress is passed, a time of relative underfeeding, including some careful version of fasting (I think intermittent fasting is safest) is probably warranted and helps support regenerative processes. This is likely why it's important to not go to sleep with a full belly, to allocate the blood/oxygen supply to the other tissues which may need it for repair/renewal.
Indeed. We don't need three, or even two, meals a day. Fasting is key.

My view:

Full fasting
Soup fasting
Intermittent fasting
Low PUFA
Plenty of grass-fed dairy (raw butter, milk, cheese, eggs)
Rest
Sunshine
Prayer

;)

OP
Sam321

Sam321

I have never had a warming effect from ice cream. it either makes me cold if I eat a normal sized portion, or increases adrenaline and makes me breath heavily if I eat too much, a pint or more in a sitting for example. I tried pounding it to gain weight since im underweight, but I stopped cause it wasn't increasing my weight and felt worse every time. Even homemade ice cream, not just haagen daaz
Tried the ice cream and potatos thing you suggested to try to get better sleep and chill adrenaline out. Doesn't seem like it worked. Added like 1.8k cals to diet and still dealing with adrenaline and sleeplessness. This is so frustrsting

Steve

I tried everything to raise my temp including eating very large meals from time-to-time, or a lot of total calories for the day. I can only remember one thing working, and that was eating a large lunch like Thai curry with rice and beef, and then some gummy bears for dessert. Once I ate the gummy bears my face would get warm and my body temp would rise to normal. I would guess other candy would probably work too, but not sure.

Now if this is a healthy response or not who knows. I do remember reading that something like excess fructose as an example will cause the body to heat up, but it's because the liver sees the excess as a toxin and the body heats up as it's trying to excrete this toxin. So maybe overeating the curry and gummy bears is similar.

mrchibbs

Indeed. We don't need three, or even two, meals a day. Fasting is key.

My view:

Full fasting
Soup fasting
Intermittent fasting
Low PUFA
Plenty of grass-fed dairy (raw butter, milk, cheese, eggs)
Rest
Sunshine
Prayer

;)

I wouldn't say ''fasting is key'' because I think context is important, but yeah there is something there.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals