Why does creatine cause insomnia?

FitnessMike

After a month or so, it does cause the onset insomnia.

Dave Clark

After a month or so, it does cause the onset insomnia.
Is this something seen with any dose, and how about the time of day it is dosed? I use creatine as a basic supplement, not for weight lifting, etc., in a lower dose form. I haven't noticed any insomnia. in terms of 'falling asleep', but what about waking up in the middle of the night, etc.?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Is this something seen with any dose, and how about the time of day it is dosed? I use creatine as a basic supplement, not for weight lifting, etc., in a lower dose form. I haven't noticed any insomnia. in terms of 'falling asleep', but what about waking up in the middle of the night, etc.?
yea I read many threads that it causes worseing quality of sleep or just insomnia, must be stimulating some stimulating neurotransmitter or smth

Dave Clark

yea I read many threads that it causes worseing quality of sleep or just insomnia, must be stimulating some stimulating neurotransmitter or smth
Thanks for bringing this up. I can see looking at some of the studies how this can happen. It might benefit some people, but then negatively affect others, in terms of 'how' they sleep.
This guy puts a positive spin on what creatine does for sleep:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VbsNalJh-w

Dave Clark

How do you know it’s the creatine? Might be something else. Not necessarily what you ingest too..
Simply do a trial run. Take creatine for a month, monitor how well you sleep, if you don not sleep well, drop the creatine, and then see if there is a change. Many things affect sleep, so you have to try and isolate what you may think is disturbing your sleep. It is not perfect science, especially since things affect people differently. Some people can't have caffeine late in the day due to affecting sleep, but I know some people who can drink a pot of coffee up until bedtime and sleep like a log.

LeeLemonoil

I think so. It’s been described to raise DHT, it will then also modulate transmitters if it affects steroids.

I get a bit aggressive when taking intermittent Creatine before sports. Another possible evidence for Transmitter modulation, probably noradrenaline.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I think so. It’s been described to raise DHT, it will then also modulate transmitters if it affects steroids.

I get a bit aggressive when taking intermittent Creatine before sports. Another possible evidence for Transmitter modulation, probably noradrenaline.
Oh well, it took awhile for me to develop insomnia taking 5g, ill start taking 2g/day hopefully without insomnia

Validus

Oh well, it took awhile for me to develop insomnia taking 5g, ill start taking 2g/day hopefully without insomnia
I've noticed a huge spike in insomnia in myself, my family and those around me recently and everyone trying to determine the cause. I do think what we ingest can obviously impact our sleep quality, but I can't help & feel like something else is actually the trigger.

Dave Clark

I've noticed a huge spike in insomnia in myself, my family and those around me recently and everyone trying to determine the cause. I do think what we ingest can obviously impact our sleep quality, but I can't help & feel like something else is actually the trigger.
I see the same thing, and personally I think it is something that is ubiquitous, that being EMFs. They either don't know, or won't tell us what these EMFs do to us. We are not only biochemical, but electrical beings, so it would not surprise me that this is alt least one of the culprits.

Validus

I see the same thing, and personally I think it is something that is ubiquitous, that being EMFs. They either don't know, or won't tell us what these EMFs do to us. We are not only biochemical, but electrical beings, so it would not surprise me that this is alt least one of the culprits.

That's exactly my thought process too. I've done some decent mitigation in my home, but about 3 years ago, we had a cell tower installed about 1/8 mile away and also smart meters on my home that I can't opt out of.

I'm looking to paint our bedrooms with EMF blocking paint, probably 2-3 coats and get some EMF blocking drapes. That being said, I do have a tri-meter and the EMF doesnt appear to be very high around my families beds...I always wonder if scalar waves are being used, which I'm uncertain if theyre detected as magnetic, electric or radio waves.

Dave Clark

That's exactly my thought process too. I've done some decent mitigation in my home, but about 3 years ago, we had a cell tower installed about 1/8 mile away and also smart meters on my home that I can't opt out of.

I'm looking to paint our bedrooms with EMF blocking paint, probably 2-3 coats and get some EMF blocking drapes. That being said, I do have a tri-meter and the EMF doesnt appear to be very high around my families beds...I always wonder if scalar waves are being used, which I'm uncertain if theyre detected as magnetic, electric or radio waves.
If you don't know about it, check into the Power Perfect Box, by Satic. I bought mine from Linda Kurtz on this link, she offers a discount on the product:
I also have a smart meter I can not get rid of, and I know that these meters create a bunch of dirty electricity. I got my levels down from around 600 to about 50, so the unit does work. Plus, like mentioned in the info, although I usually don't buy into that advertising, my electric bill actually dropped by 20 to 30 dollars, not much, but better than nothing at all. Anyway, Linda Kurtz is also over at the FB group EMF Warriors, or this link is her website.
I think these Power Perfect Boxes are worth the investment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals