Creatine Stops Stress Reaction To Coffee

ddjd

I've been experimenting with creatine recently with great results. I no longer need to rush to the toilet after a coffee, there's no longer a crazy histamine/Serotonin/Adrenaline reaction.

I would highly recommend it for anyone having stress reactions to coffee.

Lurker

From reading Peat I thought the coffee jitters were from losing blood sugar spiking cortisol and adrenaline. He recommends adding sugar for this which seeems to work brilliantly. I wonder how creatinine fits into this blood sugar equation and would it be beneficial without coffee.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

From reading Peat I thought the coffee jitters were from losing blood sugar spiking cortisol and adrenaline. He recommends adding sugar for this which seeems to work brilliantly. I wonder how creatinine fits into this blood sugar equation and would it be beneficial without coffee.
Yes good question, it would be interesting to hear if anyone else with coffee stress reactions has tried creatine.

LegendeLic

could have something to do with the creatine/taurine ratio that's different when under stress and when not. read somewhere here that creatine/taurine ratio is a marker for stress. I can't take taurine... tried it. Creatine I did fairly well on I guess...
Creatine allegedly also has some effects on gut barrier.

LegendeLic

mostly good according to what I've seen in the studies. just hit google "creatine gut barrier". I havent looked at them in detail though. Don't have that much time atm otherwise I would have listed the better ones here sry.

Prosper

Wow, just tried this by taking a couple of teaspoons of creatine with my morning cup. Both coffee an taurine tend to make me feel weirdly spaced out in a stressful way, especially if taken on an empty stomach. Whether coincidence or not, none of that happened now.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Wow, just tried this by taking a couple of teaspoons of creatine with my morning cup. Both coffee an taurine tend to make me feel weirdly spaced out in a stressful way, especially if taken on an empty stomach. Whether coincidence or not, none of that happened now.
Haha great. Glad to hear it worked for you too. You'll have to test again at some point

griesburner

never heard of the creatine to taurine ratio. but everytime i tried taurine, i got very negative effects fron it like anxiety and heart pounding (the opposite of what most people report). and maybe thats the reason the two times i tried creatine it had a positive effect on me. but i am only speculating :)

OP
ddjd

ddjd

never heard of the creatine to taurine ratio. but everytime i tried taurine, i got very negative effects fron it like anxiety and heart pounding (the opposite of what most people report). and maybe thats the reason the two times i tried creatine it had a positive effect on me. but i am only speculating :)
I personally get symptoms of increased nitric oxide/ estrogen from Taurine

michael94

Im trying to get my sister off taking a pre workout because I think the popular ones raise nitric oxide a lot? Like C-4? Thats the one she usuaully gets from Costco.

Ive never bought creatine before so which "brand" is a good option if we live in Kalifornia.

I personally get symptoms of increased nitric oxide/ estrogen from Taurine

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Im trying to get my sister off taking a pre workout because I think the popular ones raise nitric oxide a lot? Like C-4? Thats the one she usuaully gets from Costco.

Ive never bought creatine before so which "brand" is a good option if we live in Kalifornia.
Go for one called creapure. You can buy it from vitacost I think. It's the best one, made in Germany so top top quality

johnwester130

I've been experimenting with creatine recently with great results. I no longer need to rush to the toilet after a coffee, there's no longer a crazy histamine/Serotonin/Adrenaline reaction.

I would highly recommend it for anyone having stress reactions to coffee.

what would explain it ?? what is creatine raising/lowering ?

LegendeLic

sry I mixed that up ... what I've read here on the forums was the taurine/glycine ratio --> Taurine/glycine Ratio As A Biomarker Of Stress

creatine just protects against stress in general so when caffeine stresses you out creatine helps there.
Both Creatine and Its Product Phosphocreatine Reduce Oxidative Stress and Afford Neuroprotection in an In Vitro Parkinson’s Model
Creatine Protects against Excitoxicity in an In Vitro Model of Neurodegeneration
Creatine affords protection against glutamate-induced nitrosative and oxidative stress - ScienceDirect
Increasing creatine kinase activity protects against hypoxia / reoxygenation injury but not against anthracycline toxicity in vitro

what would explain it ?? what is creatine raising/lowering ?
simple explaination could be it increases energy/ATP that is very much needed with caffeine. and also blocking glutamate excitability. I think that glutamate excitability thing could be the link to taurine as well. since some people tend to have bad reactions to taurine might be because of them being more prone to glutamate beforehand and taurine might enhance that effect and creatine blocks it supposedly.

but still the taurine part is pure speculation on my side...
Taurine administration results in an imbalance in inhibitory and excitatory neurotransmission in the glutamatergic (hippocampus) and GABAergic (striatum) brain structures, affecting more markedly the neurotransmitter precursors.
(PDF) Effect of taurine on the concentrations of glutamate, GABA, glutamine and alanine in the rat striatum and hippocampus. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/public...d_alanine_in_the_rat_striatum_and_hippocampus [accessed Jun 18 2018].

that's the link for the gut barrier
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/02/170201150622.htm
clinical trial running... Therapeutic Modulation of the Intestinal Creatine Kinase System in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) - No Study Results Posted - ClinicalTrials.gov

I think interesting stuff would be how to increase creatine naturally or with some simple supplement/food and maybe not adding creatine just as a supplement.

Last edited:

LegendeLic

got to add that for me, it definitely disturbs my digestion...creatine supplementation i mean. that's way i would be more interested in stuff that supports natural increase.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Hey @Prosper I was wondering if you could do an experiment for me. Basically I've found that DHEA in a small dose of about 10mg does the exact same thing as the creatine as in it also completely stops the stress reaction to coffee. I'm using a swanson 25mg dhea product and letting 1/3 of a capsule powder just dissolve in my mouth for better absorption. Maybe that will work for you also. Would be good to know.

@LegendeLic @johnwester130 I wonder if knowing now that DHEA also works might help confirm exactly what mechanism is having this positive effect. Is it the increase in DHT?? I think creatine potently increases DHT also

serling78

got to add that for me, it definitely disturbs my digestion...creatine supplementation i mean. that's way i would be more interested in stuff that supports natural increase.
Creatine also messes with my digestion, as in constipation and bloating city. That's the biggest deterrent to me using it. I used it for years and found mixing it with dextrose does help but not 100%. I ultimately stopped because of the bloating, and also bad facial flushing and what seemed to be increased hair loss.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Creatine also messes with my digestion, as in constipation and bloating city. That's the biggest deterrent to me using it. I used it for years and found mixing it with dextrose does help but not 100%. I ultimately stopped because of the bloating, and also bad facial flushing and what seemed to be increased hair loss.
try taking it with a good b6p5p product