Topical Creatine For Hair

TubZy

Came across this: Patent CA2678135C - Method for increasing hair growth using a creatine compound

Looks like it works similar to niacinamide. Maybe a good combo could be niacinamide, methylene blue, creatine monohydrate and l carnitine all topically since oral creatine can actually cause hair loss in some ppl?

"The compositions may contain one or more creatine compounds alone as active agent, or they may be coinbined with other active agents that also exhibit beneficial effects on the llair and scalp. Particular benefit to hair growtll may be achieved witli the combination of at least one additional energy enliancing actives, such as adenosine, ATP, ADP, AMP, oxaloacetic acid(oxaloacetate), NADH, NADPH, or carnitine, or its derivatives, such as acetyl carnitine or pahnitoyl carnitine, each of which also may have a beneficial effect on the growth of hair. The overall amount of energy-inducing compounds used in the composition, including creatine, will be from about 0.0001 to about 10% by weight, preferably about 0.01 to about 5%. Particularly preferred is a combination of creatine with at least one of 5'-AMP, NADH and caniitine, and an extremely effective combination occurs with all four components in the composition."

."A topical composition for application to hair or scalp comprising a follicle stimulating effective amount of NADH combined with at least one energy increasing compound selected from the group consisting of adenosine, AMP, ADP, ATP, oxaloacetic acid, and carnitine and derivatives thereof."

Last edited:

LeeLemonoil

I use Creatine in skincreams sometimes, as some stuides showed it to increase cell-energy effectively. Same rationale as in the hair-treatment.
It's as you probably know a water-soluble compound but it dilutes only slowly and needs much stirring and time to dissolve completely. That's why creams only use 0,1% ... even then I think a penetration-enhancer would be in order

TheHound

I think the whole creatine causing hair loss thing is just from people seeing the studies of creatine increasing dht and then inferring that it increases hair loss because of this

TheHound

There's a lot of anecdotical feedback on creatine increasing hair loss.

according to main stream science I am "hair loss prone" and have not had any further hair loss despite taking creatine daily

OP
TubZy

TubZy

oral creatine always increased my scalp itch, still don't know why besides the DHT theory maybe due to the ATP increase and pressing metabolism too much

sladerunner69

oral creatine always increased my scalp itch, still don't know why besides the DHT theory maybe due to the ATP increase and pressing metabolism too much

Speaking of pressing metabolism too much, are you still using oxidal/Methylene Blue? You said it gave you a cool euphoria feeling?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I use Creatine in skincreams sometimes, as some stuides showed it to increase cell-energy effectively. Same rationale as in the hair-treatment.
It's as you probably know a water-soluble compound but it dilutes only slowly and needs much stirring and time to dissolve completely. That's why creams only use 0,1% ... even then I think a penetration-enhancer would be in order

I just dissolved some now. Room temp water was very hard to get monohydrate to dissolve so I started over and heated the water in the microwave for about 15 seconds. I added 1 gram of creatine mono to the hot/warm water and stirred for a few seconds and dissolved like butter. I did some more research and it looks like there is a patent for creatine and hair growth?

Here is anecdotal evidence: Hair Loss Help Forums - i think creatine is helping

Also here: Hair Loss Help Forums - Hairline Is Growing Back..My regimine (new homemade topical included)

Seems like some ppl were getting pretty decent results from it?

Also, it looks like the most stable form is Creatine Ethyl Ester.
Google Groups

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Speaking of pressing metabolism too much, are you still using oxidal/Methylene Blue? You said it gave you a cool euphoria feeling?

Yeah, I put one drop in water and swish around mouth first (for gums) and swallow a few times a week before bed. Any more than one drop I get a headache so one drop is the perfect amount.

sladerunner69

Yeah, I put one drop in water and swish around mouth first (for gums) and swallow a few times a week before bed. Any more than one drop I get a headache so one drop is the perfect amount.

Yeah I get a slight headache from it too. Why do you take it before bed though? I already have trouble waking up hungry and disoriented sometimes, if I pushed my metabolism any higher before bed it could worsen the problem.

And speaking of headaches, I had a few moscow mules last night and now I have the worst headache Ive had in years... Taking DHEA/pregnenlone and any of the other steroids ruins alcohol. I think its maybe too much GABA?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Yeah I get a slight headache from it too. Why do you take it before bed though? I already have trouble waking up hungry and disoriented sometimes, if I pushed my metabolism any higher before bed it could worsen the problem.

And speaking of headaches, I had a few moscow mules last night and now I have the worst headache Ive had in years... Taking DHEA/pregnenlone and any of the other steroids ruins alcohol. I think its maybe too much GABA?

B/c when I rinse it in my mouth it turns slightly blue lol and is hard to get off too even with brushing so I can just got to bed after.

I have that same metabolism issue sometimes before bed. If I do I make sure my glycogen stores are good before bed and I apply my topical niacinamide, taurine, aspirin etc. for my hair. If I don't have full glycogen stores I will wake up in the morning in a hypo state (or even in the middle of the night sometimes). That was actually one of the reasons I started incorporating niacinamide, caffeine, taurine etc. into my shampoo instead.

sladerunner69

B/c when I rinse it in my mouth it turns slightly blue lol and is hard to get off too even with brushing so I can just got to bed after.

I have that same metabolism issue sometimes before bed. If I do I make sure my glycogen stores are good before bed and I apply my topical niacinamide, taurine, aspirin etc. for my hair. If I don't have full glycogen stores I will wake up in the morning in a hypo state (or even in the middle of the night sometimes). That was actually one of the reasons I started incorporating niacinamide, caffeine, taurine etc. into my shampoo instead.

Yeah exactly, but you haagen saz recommendation does seem to do the trick. When I eat enough ice cream or cheese and juice before bed I avoid the problem. I think saturated fat helps to buffer against low glycogen somehow. The problem is that i am really responsive to fat storage and I always wake up fatter when eating a good amount of ice cream. Now Ive gotten too fat I feel like a complete chubster, I have a spare tire standing up ewww

How do you go about adding those things to your selsun blue? Just dropping them straight in the bottle and shaking it up?

Gûs80

creatina oral sempre aumentou minha coceira no couro cabeludo, ainda não sei porque além da teoria do DHT talvez devido ao aumento de ATP e pressionando demais o metabolismo
Em recente aula de fisiologia, o professor, cientista brasileiro especializado no uso da creatina em doenças crônicas, afirma que a queda de cabelo causada em alguns usuários de creatina se deve a dois aditivos tóxicos usados principalmente pelos fabricantes chineses de creatina. Ele diz que a teoria da marca geralmente resolve o problema.

Gûs80

In a recent physiology class, the professor, a Brazilian scientist specializing in the use of creatine in chronic diseases, claims that the hair loss caused in some creatine users is due to two toxic additives used mainly by Chinese creatine manufacturers. He says brand theory usually solves the problem.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals