• @Blossom Is A Blessing To This Community, Let Us Be A Blessing To Her
    Click Here For More Information
  • Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

why do dairy products give me joint pain?

bradley

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
219
Whenever I consume dairy products for more than a few days, even in small amounts, I start to have joint pain, mostly in my hands/wrists. I've tried every type, quality, and combination of dairy, same results. As soon as i stop the dairy, the pain goes away in the next couple days. I do not get this from butter or ghee.

Do you think this is an allergy to cassein?

I have suffered from acute lactose intolerance in the past, but it is quite mild now.

Thanks for reading
 

gretchen

Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2012
Messages
816
bradley said:
Whenever I consume dairy products for more than a few days, even in small amounts, I start to have joint pain, mostly in my hands/wrists. I've tried every type, quality, and combination of dairy, same results. As soon as i stop the dairy, the pain goes away in the next couple days. I do not get this from butter or ghee.

Do you think this is an allergy to cassein?

I have suffered from acute lactose intolerance in the past, but it is quite mild now.

Thanks for reading

I got this from used fermented dairy, but not from drinking milk. I've read there are harmful dietary "lectins" in dairy:
http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html
 
J

j.

Guest
Have you tried other brands, types, such as raw, skim , whole? Some people do better just when they change the brand.
 

ntend

New Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2013
Messages
2
I experience the same thing. I've tried all different types (goat, sheep, cow) and brands of cheese, raw cow's milk, pasteurized cow's milk, goat milk, goat kefir, and they all have the arthritis-producing effect, particularly, as OP mentioned, in my hands and wrists. It's very noticeable because I normally have no joint pain at all.
 

burtlancast

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2013
Messages
3,038
People allergic to dairy often have amalgam fillings in their mouths.
 

bradley

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
219
Gretchen, interesting. I didn't notice the joint pain as much from milk, but i get bad lactose-intolerance symptoms that the cheese doesn't give me.. just the joint pain :(

gretchen said:
bradley said:
Whenever I consume dairy products for more than a few days, even in small amounts, I start to have joint pain, mostly in my hands/wrists. I've tried every type, quality, and combination of dairy, same results. As soon as i stop the dairy, the pain goes away in the next couple days. I do not get this from butter or ghee.

Do you think this is an allergy to cassein?

I have suffered from acute lactose intolerance in the past, but it is quite mild now.

Thanks for reading

I got this from used fermented dairy, but not from drinking milk. I've read there are harmful dietary "lectins" in dairy:
http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html
 

bradley

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
219
ntend. I haven't heard of many others with these exact symptoms. Do you react to one for of dairy more than another? Cheese seems to be the worst in terms of oint pain, but best in terms of digestion. It's really unfortunate.

ntend said:
I experience the same thing. I've tried all different types (goat, sheep, cow) and brands of cheese, raw cow's milk, pasteurized cow's milk, goat milk, goat kefir, and they all have the arthritis-producing effect, particularly, as OP mentioned, in my hands and wrists. It's very noticeable because I normally have no joint pain at all.
 

Jenn

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2013
Messages
1,035
Anything the body can not digest properly is a toxin...even if it is supposed to be good for you. ;)

Are you drinking raw milk? If not, try raw milk. If you are already drinking raw milk, check your pH. Pancreatic enzymes have a small pH range in which they will function, if the intestinal pH is outside of that range, the enzymes are dormant. Raw milk contains all the enzymes to be digested...but act like pancreatic enzymes in that they still need the correct pH range to function.

Speaking from experience, baking soda can be used therapeutically to aid the pH of the intestines. Plant based enzymes help too...but cost a lot more. ;)
 

Dean

Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2013
Messages
713
Jenn,

How much baking soda do you ingest or recommend ingesting to provide therapeutic aid to the intestinal ph?
 

Jenn

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2013
Messages
1,035
It really going to depend on the person. My issues may not be the same as your issues. ;)

I am too acidic, so I take 1/8-1/4 tsp baking soda 15-20 minutes before a meal, then ACV with the meal to help digest it. I may take 1/2 tsp 20-30 minutes before a meal to aid the kidneys.

My friend is too alkaline, she just uses ACV to help digest as taking extra baking soda would add to the stress on her body at this point in time, not relieve it. She does take lots of baths though for the CO2 that soda provides. She uses a dust mask therapeutically for her son as an alternative to breathing into a paper bag.

Too much baking soda can upset urine pH, which can lead to UTI (women especially)...so pay attention and back off, if needed.
 

biggirlkisss

Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
925
Try warming the milk then drinking it. It could be the cold milk is lowering your metabolism.
 

Similar threads

Top