why do dairy products give me joint pain?

bradley

Whenever I consume dairy products for more than a few days, even in small amounts, I start to have joint pain, mostly in my hands/wrists. I've tried every type, quality, and combination of dairy, same results. As soon as i stop the dairy, the pain goes away in the next couple days. I do not get this from butter or ghee.

Do you think this is an allergy to cassein?

I have suffered from acute lactose intolerance in the past, but it is quite mild now.

Thanks for reading

gretchen

bradley said:
Whenever I consume dairy products for more than a few days, even in small amounts, I start to have joint pain, mostly in my hands/wrists. I've tried every type, quality, and combination of dairy, same results. As soon as i stop the dairy, the pain goes away in the next couple days. I do not get this from butter or ghee.

I have suffered from acute lactose intolerance in the past, but it is quite mild now.

Thanks for reading

I got this from used fermented dairy, but not from drinking milk. I've read there are harmful dietary "lectins" in dairy:
http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

J

j.

Have you tried other brands, types, such as raw, skim , whole? Some people do better just when they change the brand.

ntend

I experience the same thing. I've tried all different types (goat, sheep, cow) and brands of cheese, raw cow's milk, pasteurized cow's milk, goat milk, goat kefir, and they all have the arthritis-producing effect, particularly, as OP mentioned, in my hands and wrists. It's very noticeable because I normally have no joint pain at all.

burtlancast

People allergic to dairy often have amalgam fillings in their mouths.

OP
bradley

bradley

Gretchen, interesting. I didn't notice the joint pain as much from milk, but i get bad lactose-intolerance symptoms that the cheese doesn't give me.. just the joint pain :(

gretchen said:
bradley said:

Thanks for reading

I got this from used fermented dairy, but not from drinking milk. I've read there are harmful dietary "lectins" in dairy:
http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

OP
bradley

bradley

ntend. I haven't heard of many others with these exact symptoms. Do you react to one for of dairy more than another? Cheese seems to be the worst in terms of oint pain, but best in terms of digestion. It's really unfortunate.

ntend said:
I experience the same thing. I've tried all different types (goat, sheep, cow) and brands of cheese, raw cow's milk, pasteurized cow's milk, goat milk, goat kefir, and they all have the arthritis-producing effect, particularly, as OP mentioned, in my hands and wrists. It's very noticeable because I normally have no joint pain at all.

Jenn

Anything the body can not digest properly is a toxin...even if it is supposed to be good for you. ;)

Are you drinking raw milk? If not, try raw milk. If you are already drinking raw milk, check your pH. Pancreatic enzymes have a small pH range in which they will function, if the intestinal pH is outside of that range, the enzymes are dormant. Raw milk contains all the enzymes to be digested...but act like pancreatic enzymes in that they still need the correct pH range to function.

Speaking from experience, baking soda can be used therapeutically to aid the pH of the intestines. Plant based enzymes help too...but cost a lot more. ;)

Dean

Jenn,

How much baking soda do you ingest or recommend ingesting to provide therapeutic aid to the intestinal ph?

Jenn

It really going to depend on the person. My issues may not be the same as your issues. ;)

I am too acidic, so I take 1/8-1/4 tsp baking soda 15-20 minutes before a meal, then ACV with the meal to help digest it. I may take 1/2 tsp 20-30 minutes before a meal to aid the kidneys.

My friend is too alkaline, she just uses ACV to help digest as taking extra baking soda would add to the stress on her body at this point in time, not relieve it. She does take lots of baths though for the CO2 that soda provides. She uses a dust mask therapeutically for her son as an alternative to breathing into a paper bag.

Too much baking soda can upset urine pH, which can lead to UTI (women especially)...so pay attention and back off, if needed.

biggirlkisss

Try warming the milk then drinking it. It could be the cold milk is lowering your metabolism.