White spots on finger nails disappeared after quitting starches (With Pics)

Greyfox

I started developing white spots on my finger nails a while back. They became quite prominent on my left hand at first until they started developing on my right hand as well. I had read about how phytic acid in grain foods could block zinc absorption and cause the spots to develop, so i decided to quit them for a few months and see if it helped. It did. Not only that but I noticed some improvements in other areas of my life such as a remarkable improvement in eyesight which suddenly struck me one morning. My vision was less tunnely. It seemed that my vision was now incorporating more of the periphery into the processing of the environment by my mind which I associate with less stress. My face became leaner, I was less bloated and felt more androgenic. More sociable as well. Quitting starches does seem to be a huge challenge though. I just can't seem to get enough calories.

The first picture of my finger nails was taken after I noticed that the white spots were actually migrating to the tips, with no new white spots coming in. They were much worse before the photo was taken.

Attachments

• 20230408_115545.jpg
    20230408_115545.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230726_135914.jpg
    20230726_135914.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 65

PopSocket

You are stressing your fingernails by cutting them too deep and round. Letting them grow longer 5-6-7 times and each time using a file aiming for a square look will make them a lot healthier. This is typical male method, cut deep and round :D , used to do it too until a woman in my life showed me how it is done.

If you let them grow longer and cut/file them in a square shape (no rounding whatsoever, and careful not to cut deep,just the tip) there will be a a white semicircle(not sure what the anatomical name is) that will show up from behind the skin and they will be able to fully develop as nature intended.

Regarding the starch, maybe if you are getting less calories(as you say it is hard for you to get calories without starch), in the process less minerals are being used by the body. Less calories would also explain the leaner face part.

Last edited:
OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Do you get enough Zinc/ read meat in your diet?
There is a Twitter thread on this:
View: https://twitter.com/PrimalBrah/status/1684093617953177600?s=20

I do eat red meat multiple times a week. How often do you eat red meat?
Also that half moon thing is interesting. I don't seem to have them at all. Except for a weirdly shaped one on the thumb of my right hand. Is zinc the main factor in this? I do tend to have a problem with high stress.
It seems like an endless battle to try and keep it low.

OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

You are stressing your fingernails by cutting them too deep and round. Letting them grow longer 5-6-7 times and each time using a file aiming for a square look will make them a lot healthier. This is typical male method, cut deep and round :D , used to do it too until a woman in my life showed me how it is done.

If you let them grow longer and cut/file them in a square shape (no rounding whatsoever, and careful not to cut deep,just the tip) there will be a a white semicircle(not sure what the anatomical name is) that will show up from behind the skin and they will be able to fully develop as nature intended.

Regarding the starch, maybe if you are getting less calories(as you say it is hard for you to get calories without starch), in the process less minerals are being used by the body. Less calories would also explain the leaner face part.
Oh thank you for the advice. I'll make sure to cut them in a square pattern from now on. Maybe i'll add to this thread if my finger nails develop the half circle.

L_C

White spots on nails is somewhat a grey area. Personally, I don't think it's related to zinc. I have plenty of zinc, according to Haidut's mineral analysis test. I think it's actually related to lack of calcium, which according to the test I don't have enough.

What is interesting is that dairy for me has been absolute disaster and never provided enough calcium. I have started seeing improvements taking coral calcium.

I do second starch and eyesight but same as you can't get enough calories without starch.

OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

White spots on nails is somewhat a grey area. Personally, I don't think it's related to zinc. I have plenty of zinc, according to Haidut's mineral analysis test. I think it's actually related to lack of calcium, which according to the test I don't have enough.

What is interesting is that dairy for me has been absolute disaster and never provided enough calcium. I have started seeing improvements taking coral calcium.

I do second starch and eyesight but same as you can't get enough calories without starch.
I was getting plenty of calcium when the white spots developed. I can't be totally sure by the exact mechanism that caused them to fill in but the white spots are almost completely gone besides one on my right hand thumb. no new ones are growing in either. The nails responded rather quickly to the changes so it has something to do with the grains. Or my inability to digest them properly.

TheSir

Could I see your test?

TheSir

I didn't take any pictures. Didn't anticipate this thread would come up.
I mean a screenshot of your mineral chart, in case I was unclear. I believe I could point out a couple of things regarding the concerns you brought up.

L_C

I mean a screenshot of your mineral chart, in case I was unclear. I believe I could point out a couple of things regarding the concerns you brought up.
I sent you PM. Thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals