Appearance Of Tiny "age Spots" On One Hand

Peata

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
3,402
Someone on another forum was talking about iron spots (aka age spots, liver spots, lipofuscin, etc.) I eat low in iron.

I don't have any age spots, but AFTER I donated blood exactly one month ago, I noticed the tiniest little dot on the back of my right hand. I think it came on in the last couple weeks, I just know that it was after I gave the blood.

Since then I have had another one - again, a tiny brown dot, the size the pressure of an inkpen would make on paper. That one peeled off on its own just last night. I saw that it was developing a sort of transluscent flake on it, and then I woke up this a.m. and it's gone.

However, I've noticed another tiny dot on the back of same hand. And just now I saw another one - slightly larger and slightly darker than the others, and this one is on the back of my hand but at base of ring finger.

These are really tiny and light brown, but still, I notice.

Does anyone have thoughts on why I would start getting melanin on hands after eating Peatish and low iron for over 6 months? Would the iron donation have anything to do with it? Or the fact that the spots are on the right hand? (blood taken from left arm). I'm right-handed, and so maybe it gets more exposure on steering wheel. Just wondering...

Hoping to get this figured out to prevent more spots if I can.
 

Peata

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
3,402
From RP's article on Moles, DHEA, which J posted: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1223&p=12823&hilit=+age+spot+#p12823

Age pigment, lipofuscin, is produced in oxygen deprivation, apparently from reduced iron which attacks unsaturated fats.


If anyone read my account of giving blood a month ago, I'm certain it made me temporarily anemic. I don't understand what Ray is saying as far as the quote from his article above. Does it mean lipofuscin is made when there isn't enough hemoglobin to carry oxygen? He mentions reduced iron attacks unsat. fats.
 

Peata

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
3,402
A vitamin E deficiency relative to consumption of polyunsaturated fats, and an estrogen excess, accelerate the formation of lipofuscin.

My PUFA intake is low, but I have struggled with estrogen dominance. Vitamin E intake has been low, though I've been supplementing more just the last week.

It still seems strange that the pigment just came on in the last 2 - 3 weeks though.
 

Bluebell

Member
Joined
May 24, 2013
Messages
446
I don't know Peata, I have also developed some since starting Peating. It doesn't make sense.
 
J

j.

Guest
Peata said:
My PUFA intake is low, but I have struggled with estrogen dominance. Vitamin E intake has been low, though I've been supplementing more just the last week.

It still seems strange that the pigment just came on in the last 2 - 3 weeks though.

Out of curiosity, what's your brand and dose of vitamin E? I have the impression that high gamma vitamin E pills are better for me.
 
J

j.

Guest
I think one possibility is that the spots aren't formed with ingested PUFA, but from PUFA released from your fat stores. If you are not eating very often, fat is used for energy, and this is when the PUFA can be released to the bloodstream. Regarding iron, it is always there, even if you drink coffee with meats, etc., it just minimizes a fraction of iron absorption.
 

Gabriel

Member
Joined
May 7, 2013
Messages
229
Can you make a photo Peata? I find it hard to imagine what you describe.
 

Peata

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
3,402
j. said:
Peata said:
My PUFA intake is low, but I have struggled with estrogen dominance. Vitamin E intake has been low, though I've been supplementing more just the last week.

It still seems strange that the pigment just came on in the last 2 - 3 weeks though.

Out of curiosity, what's your brand and dose of vitamin E? I have the impression that high gamma vitamin E pills are better for me.

It's Windmill brand, from a non-chain pharmacy.

Ingredients: Vitamin E as d-alpha-tocopherol acetate, gelatin, glycerin, purified water.

I take one per day, so 200 IU.
 

Peata

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
3,402
j. said:
I think one possibility is that the spots aren't formed with ingested PUFA, but from PUFA released from your fat stores. If you are not eating very often, fat is used for energy, and this is when the PUFA can be released to the bloodstream. Regarding iron, it is always there, even if you drink coffee with meats, etc., it just minimizes a fraction of iron absorption.

That kind of goes along with my hope, that it's a type of release of lipofuscin through the skin, and is temporary.

However, what is "not eating very often" to you? I am under the impression my fat is not being used for energy since I'm not losing any weight, just hanging around the same weight all the time. I'm not overweight, but on the high end of my range. I eat (or drink calorie-rich beverages such as those made with milk, OJ, etc.) probably every 2 - 3 hours.
 

Peata

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
3,402
Gabriel said:
Can you make a photo Peata? I find it hard to imagine what you describe.

I enhanced the sharpness of the pic so you can see the dot better. It's bottom, middle of photo. On the upper right side of the dot is the nuckle of my middle finger.

My skin is not orange, btw, I took the photo under my red light.
 

Attachments

  • dot.jpg
    dot.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 547
J

j.

Guest
Peata said:
It's Windmill brand, from a non-chain pharmacy.

Ingredients: Vitamin E as d-alpha-tocopherol acetate, gelatin, glycerin, purified water.

I take one per day, so 200 IU.

I see. According to some, alpha tocopherol alone can deplete gamma tocopherol. I don't know how true is that but here it is:

In 1997, the Life Extension Foundation warned that taking only the alpha tocopherol form of vitamin E could displace critically important gamma tocopherol in the body.

While alpha tocopherol inhibits the production of new free radicals, gamma tocopherol is required to trap and neutralize existing free radicals.

Link
 

Peata

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
3,402
j. said:
Peata said:
It's Windmill brand, from a non-chain pharmacy.

Ingredients: Vitamin E as d-alpha-tocopherol acetate, gelatin, glycerin, purified water.

I take one per day, so 200 IU.

I see. According to some, alpha tocopherol alone can deplete gamma tocopherol. I don't know how true is that but here it is:

In 1997, the Life Extension Foundation warned that taking only the alpha tocopherol form of vitamin E could displace critically important gamma tocopherol in the body.

While alpha tocopherol inhibits the production of new free radicals, gamma tocopherol is required to trap and neutralize existing free radicals.

Link

OK, thanks, something else to look into.

I only started taking it with any regularity in the last week.

I don't know what kind of E is in Progest-E, but I was taking a lot of Progest-E from August 11 - 29.
 

jyb

Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
2,775
Location
UK
Peata said:
Gabriel said:
Can you make a photo Peata? I find it hard to imagine what you describe.

I enhanced the sharpness of the pic so you can see the dot better. It's bottom, middle of photo. On the upper right side of the dot is the nuckle of my middle finger.

My skin is not orange, btw, I took the photo under my red light.

That seems tiny. I would assume its a freckle, therefore nothing to do with iron oxidation.
 

Peata

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
3,402
I still wonder why I'd develop a few tiny freckles. Why the melanin clumping on my hand all of a sudden.
 

Peata

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
3,402
Bluebell said:
I don't know Peata, I have also developed some since starting Peating. It doesn't make sense.

BB, what do your spots look like? Can you post a picture or find one online that's close?
 

jyb

Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
2,775
Location
UK
I have freckles and some off liver spot. There is a clear difference. The photo you took looks like a freckle to me. I don't know the reason why freckles form more over time or for some people, just that its more likely on white skin exposed to the sun. I don't think its an indicator of health status.
 
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Anti-aging, more collagen production, youthful appearance due to glitch re: histamine? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 5
ScurveDream Curious About "masculinizing" Vs. "feminizing" In Terms Of Looks/appearance Ask For Help or Advice 1
B Women: How Did Progesterone Affect Your Shape/appearance? Progesterone 3
B Pregnenolone Caused Changes To The Appearance Of Veins? Pregnenolone 5
S Change In Appearance Due To Peating Health 66
J Teeth Appearance (White, Healthy, Etc.) Oral Health 60
michael94 How Important Is The Appearance Of Someone Offering Health Advice To You? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 9
Velve921 Stress Of Job Is Causing Increased Aging Of Facial Appearance Ask For Help or Advice 11
T Appearance of veins on the hands Ask For Help or Advice 22
G Hypothryoid Effect On Appearance Health 11
pauljacob Tiny Pits In My Lower Leg Skin 6
haidut Even A Tiny Amount Of Talc May Cause Diabetes II, Benadryl May Reverse It Scientific Studies 25
jamies33 Sleepovation "700 Tiny Mattresses" Getting Good Reviews - Worth It? Mind, Sleep, Stress 21
T BPA Alternative, Bisphenol S Just As Dangerous – Tiny Concentrations Of BPS Impair Brain Development Articles & Scientific Studies 1
bodacious Cynomel Causing Tooth Sensitivity After Tiny Dose? Oral Health 1
R My Wrists Are Tiny Ask For Help or Advice 15
H Diet Doesn't Affect Me In One Tiny Bit. How? Diet 11
GorillaHead Total exchangeable potassium decreases as we age! Diet 3
Sefton10 Stone Age humans were Hypercarnivores Diet, Recipes 8
M Macular Degeneration in young age - pls help Ask For Help or Advice 47
Mauritio Drug Reverses Age-Related Mental Decline Within Days Articles & Scientific Studies 11
F Small Molecule Cognitive Enhancer Reverses Age-Related Memory Decline In Mice Scientific Studies 1
Quelsatron Sweden May Make Preschool Obligatory From The Age Of Two Breaking News 0
TheSir At What Age Do Men Get 'baby Fever'? Ask For Help or Advice 11
L Younging1 - Age Reversal Is Real Miscellaneous Health Discussions 15
B Marxism And The New Age Progressive Movements Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 179
meatbag Declining Age Of Puberty Onset Across The Globe Children 2
GorillaHead What Is The Cause Of Dual Bulging Temple Veins At An Early Age ? Skin 3
J Is It Possible To Grow Bone Structure At The Age Of 21? Ask For Help or Advice 14
Mito Severe Infections Of COVID-19 In Millennial Age Group Articles & Scientific Studies 5
Jamesu Self Help In The Age Of Neo-liberalism Health 68
yerrag Why Do We Accept Age As The Defining Factor For Metabolic Rate? Metabolism 3
G Human Age Reversed By 2.5 Years By Combo Of Metformin, DHEA And GH Scientific Studies 54
P Does Marijuana Smoking Age Skin? Skin 14
haidut Niacinamide May Restore Female Fertility In Old Age Scientific Studies 17
haidut While Estradiol Falls, Estrone Rises With Age And Is Much More Relevant For Estrogen-driven Diseases Scientific Studies 6
ecstatichamster The Cure To Old Age - Dr. Peat September 1995 Science 113
M How Toilet No2's Change As We Age Health 6
haidut The Coming Ice Age Scientific Studies 11
haidut Deficiency Of Vitamin K Involved In Age-related Disability / Frailty Scientific Studies 1
M Supplements By Age? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
haidut Fertility Depends On Metabollism (ATP), Not Age Scientific Studies 17
jzeno Luke Perry, Of '90210' Fame, Dead At Age 52--Died Of Result Of Massive Stroke Breaking News 2
GAF New-drug-hopes-reversing-memory-loss-old-age-depression-schizophrenia-alzheimers Alzheimer's 3
Captain_Coconut True Or False? Pregnenolone Does Not Decrease With Age Hormones 3
X Taking DHEA At The Age Of 17. Is It Normal? DHEA 3
L Can Young Men (age Between 18-30) Benefit From Taking Pregnenolone, If Their Metabolism Is Good? Pregnenolone 44
L Preg, Prog, DHEA Skincare/anti-age Body Care 8
Hugh Johnson Turpentine To De-age The Body Health 1
ecstatichamster Dr. Peat Is Right About Blood Pressure Higher = Better As People Age Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 10

Similar threads

Top