What is the reason for collapsing the dollar?

OP
F

FredSonoma

do you think stocks are the best investment? stocks and property? not cryptos, not other currency?
I'm very confused about what the best investments are, but cryptos and currency seem like two of the worst investments.

Unlike a stock, a crypto has no real value aside from belief in it (while a stock represents ownership in a revenue-producing business). As soon as Elon tweeted that crypto mining is "bad for the environment" (which is a ridiculous claim), the price went down. They can easily destroy it, and I think they will when it comes time to roll out "Central Bank Digital Currency."

Currency of course has major issues, and is easily manipulated to keep us poor

Stocks are the easiest safe investment, and the good thing is that the people with all the power are heavily invested in those companies, so they'd want to keep the value up. It definitely could still be manipulated though. Also, because it's such an easy investment, the values are over-inflated as everyone puts money into them

Land seems like a good investment. Gold seems probably good as well. Certain goods like ammo you can probably resell for decent value as well

It seems extremely difficult to invest in a safe future in America currently, and I think that's by design. Even if you invest perfectly, but the whole country is living in poverty in 10 years, that really isn't a decent life at all if everyone you know is poor and struggling, meanwhile you have some tiny amount of security. Living in a thriving community while poor seems much better than living in a struggling community while rich

Ray has a quote that's stuck with me for a while, something like "people have to realize that aligning with life, not capital, is their only hope"

Last edited:

CaptJim

Last winter we had power outages.
Could not get my portfolio online.
-
Cyprus took 10% of every account in its banks (haircut)
-
The Stock market is inflated because that is what 401k's invest in
-
Real Estate (land and houses) is taxed by the state at ever increasing amounts.
Rental income is questionable,.
-
Crypto-- when quantum computing goes online no algo is safe anymore. That tech is the death of crypto
- Which leaves......
Physical gold and silver.

TheReds

So those areas have more wealth, and are more able to buy things like gold, driving up the price?
Gold silver and Cooper are used in more than saving for inflation. The whole industry uses it. More people getting growth, more uses.

PhilParma

I agree with @CaptJim . Their motives are the same as they've always been. Total control, world domination, caste system, enslavement, etc.

Print currency, hand it directly to the 0.1%, they buy real assets (houses and land, sight unseen), their portfolios increase in nominal value, prices increase for everyone else. No more middle class. Eventually everyone is poor except for the few who have lied, fought, and killed their way to a spot at or near the central bank's teet. When the system collapses, it will be like musical chairs. Those who have acquired generational wealth and the means to protect it will be fine; everyone else will be ****88, reliant on gov'nt, and down on their knees begging for help. 'Yes, please, take all of my rights, just make things go back to the way they were.'

Might it happen like this? Right now, there is so much currency tied up in assets with inflated nonsensical values like equities, housing, and crypto--when the next crash comes, all of that liquidity will flood into peoples hands, but they will hoard it because the crash was so frightening. Since no one is spending, there will be deflation, even though everyone has plenty of "money" on hand. Central banks will then print even more currency (we might actually start hearing the word "quadrillion") to encourage spending and kick things into gear. Once this causes velocity to pick back up, all of that hoarded liquidity from the crash plus the absurd amount of newly printed central bank bucks will cause a true hyperinflation. All fake paper assets will lose their real value. To zero. There will be a total reset of the world economic systems. :2cents:

davvid_1

quantitative easing is not by itself inflationary, it is merely an increase in bank reserves. Looking at the previous cycle, and at japan, we can see that central banks can print as much as they want without much inflation as it doesn't filter into the real economy. It does, as was said here, filter to the wealthy, as central banks have to buy financial assets. This paradigm is however changing, as ray explains, the governments debt will have to be monetized by central banks. Since it is government spending (fiscal), it does flow through to the real economy, and this has the potential to be inflationary.

Americas reserve currency status is not always economically beneficial, as there is a perpetual dollar shortage around the world. We cannot even accurately measure the eurodollar market. Deleveraging the enormous US debt is not easy, and has to be done through: inflation, austerity, debt reduction, or wealth redistribution. Of these, inflation is the least painful and damaging to society (provided it doesn't slip into hyperinflation).
It is primarily a political interest though. When Saddam announced they were going to price oil in Euros in 1999 (i think), the US made alternate arrangements.

Also if quantum computing is a threat to the blockchain, it is also a threat to the entire internet and all other 'weakly' encrypted technology.

Pdohlen

2E9C1510-E87B-475C-893C-83F234EADB06.png

Dr. B

I agree with @CaptJim . Their motives are the same as they've always been. Total control, world domination, caste system, enslavement, etc.

Print currency, hand it directly to the 0.1%, they buy real assets (houses and land, sight unseen), their portfolios increase in nominal value, prices increase for everyone else. No more middle class. Eventually everyone is poor except for the few who have lied, fought, and killed their way to a spot at or near the central bank's teet. When the system collapses, it will be like musical chairs. Those who have acquired generational wealth and the means to protect it will be fine; everyone else will be ****88, reliant on gov'nt, and down on their knees begging for help. 'Yes, please, take all of my rights, just make things go back to the way they were.'

Might it happen like this? Right now, there is so much currency tied up in assets with inflated nonsensical values like equities, housing, and crypto--when the next crash comes, all of that liquidity will flood into peoples hands, but they will hoard it because the crash was so frightening. Since no one is spending, there will be deflation, even though everyone has plenty of "money" on hand. Central banks will then print even more currency (we might actually start hearing the word "quadrillion") to encourage spending and kick things into gear. Once this causes velocity to pick back up, all of that hoarded liquidity from the crash plus the absurd amount of newly printed central bank bucks will cause a true hyperinflation. All fake paper assets will lose their real value. To zero. There will be a total reset of the world economic systems. :2cents:

how rich do you think youd need to be to survive the system collapse? do you think the hollywood celebrities who have net worths in the 10-100million+ range will survive?
what about your everyday small business people, lawyers, doctors, IT guys, etc. you know the common working professionals who have graduated college, maybe done grad schools/med schools and have salaries in the range of 100k to 500k yearly. do you see those groups surviving the collapse or would they be ruined from it?
if there is a reset of the economis systems and paper assets lose their value, wouldnt you do fine as long as you invested all your paper assets into either stocks, cryptocurrency, or land or gold? or any other material goods?

davvid_1

how rich do you think youd need to be to survive the system collapse? do you think the hollywood celebrities who have net worths in the 10-100million+ range will survive?
what about your everyday small business people, lawyers, doctors, IT guys, etc. you know the common working professionals who have graduated college, maybe done grad schools/med schools and have salaries in the range of 100k to 500k yearly. do you see those groups surviving the collapse or would they be ruined from it?
if there is a reset of the economis systems and paper assets lose their value, wouldnt you do fine as long as you invested all your paper assets into either stocks, cryptocurrency, or land or gold? or any other material goods?

in such a situation yeah, buy gold and real assets. But I wouldn’t worry about that too much. The US is very unlikely to slip into hyper inflation. These things happen over the very long term. Typically towards the end of an empire, the nation is running large deficits and has a lot of debt. Devaluing the currency is the most practical way to go about deleveraging. Losing the reserve currency status may not mean a collapse of the currency, look at the UK, after the slow collapse of the British empire, the world just moved on to using different currencies as reserves. They lost a lot of other hegemonic privileges but life goes on for the brits.

also technology (automation) will likely remove jobs at a pace we haven’t seen before, this is highly deflationary, demographics skewed to the elderly, globalization…these are deflationary forces that developed nations have been fighting, with money printing.

PhilParma

I don't know, I'm just spitballing. It seems to me like the debt based system that we're operating in is designed to collapse. It doesn't necessarily need to happen soon, but it seems to me like it will happen in our lifetime.

The realer your assets, the better off you'll be. Stocks are paper assets. Personally, I think that the people who have their entire net worth tied up in the stock market are going to get wiped out. Bill Gates is buying farmland and will be selling a good portion of his stocks to settle his divorce. Smart money seems to be moving from stocks to land. Metal would also be good for people who can't get land. Sovereign states seem to be buying a lot of gold.

If you think the next event will be just a crash rather than a full on collapse, you can take your balls of steel to the market and buy stock while everyone else is panicking and you might get rich out of it. But if it's a collapse, stocks and all financial instruments could end up at effectively zero and then be reset. The gold in your safe will not be reset. The land that is protected by your private security/mercenary team will not be reset.

Dr. B

I don't know, I'm just spitballing. It seems to me like the debt based system that we're operating in is designed to collapse. It doesn't necessarily need to happen soon, but it seems to me like it will happen in our lifetime.

The realer your assets, the better off you'll be. Stocks are paper assets. Personally, I think that the people who have their entire net worth tied up in the stock market are going to get wiped out. Bill Gates is buying farmland and will be selling a good portion of his stocks to settle his divorce. Smart money seems to be moving from stocks to land. Metal would also be good for people who can't get land. Sovereign states seem to be buying a lot of gold.

If you think the next event will be just a crash rather than a full on collapse, you can take your balls of steel to the market and buy stock while everyone else is panicking and you might get rich out of it. But if it's a collapse, stocks and all financial instruments could end up at effectively zero and then be reset. The gold in your safe will not be reset. The land that is protected by your private security/mercenary team will not be reset.
yea mate but the land protected by private security that stuff is something only the millionaires or higher will be able to afford so i wonder how this collapse will affect people who are rich but not celebrity level rich. you know your doctors, lawyers, tech professionals, finance professionals, maybe the top youtubers and twitch stars, etc.
why do you think bezos, gates, kanye west are divorcing in the last couple years is this genuine or an intentional divorce for some sort of societal agenda

davvid_1

What kind of crash would be that terrible? Even during the great wars of the last few hundred years, when stock markets are closed, they eventually reopen and start functioning normally again.

sure our debt based system did collapse, in 2008. The enormous private debt was essentially absorbed by the government with bailout after bailout. Now it’s the governments turn to get rid of that debt, similar sort of dynamic as the 1930s- 1940s

Missenger

What kind of crash would be that terrible? Even during the great wars of the last few hundred years, when stock markets are closed, they eventually reopen and start functioning normally again.

sure our debt based system did collapse, in 2008. The enormous private debt was essentially absorbed by the government with bailout after bailout. Now it’s the governments turn to get rid of that debt, similar sort of dynamic as the 1930s- 1940s
You know what happened after the intentional crash you jackass, if you pretend to be aware about history you know how their cycle works.

PhilParma

I imagine that after some intermediary period of collapse that things would reopen and start functioning normally again, although with a significantly greater degree of wealth inequality than pre-collapse times.

The bailouts from the 2008 event were undertaken so that the system wouldn't collapse, which it didn't. The can was kicked the can down the road. Imagine what would have happened without the bailouts; that's the type of collapse I'm talking about. How do governments get rid of the debt that's piled up without printing, hyperinflating, and resetting, or inducing a mega depression? I really don't know, I'm not that knowledgeable. I know about Modern Monetary Theory, but it sounds like magical thinking.

Drareg

whats the 100k equivalent of 100k 10 years ago? btw housing prices havent gone up that much over 10 years... in fact they seem right around the same as 10 years ago... was the housing market inflated to begin with
hasnt quantitative easing been around 100 years, since fdr or something?

why in a year?

i can see the point, i think the US has the war machine to back up the dollar, ensuring its success even with this inflation

do u think bitcoin will be worthless? if they bring in central bank backed digital currency what happens to the dollar? is it just the paper form of the digital currency or will it collapse
I think bitcoin will be kept for dark ops, the central bank are bringing their crypto currency out soon, the bank of international settlements are ramping up their rhetoric on it the last year, agusten carlsons the head of BIS talks openly about how they can track its movements, knowing where each dollar is spent.

Bitcoin has been shown to be in the hands of a small number of people, it’s easy to manipulate the price when needed, it will be interesting to monitor the price of bitcoin in the future alongside CBDC, if the intelligence agencies need to fund a rebel(Terrorist) group on foreign soil they will move the price upward.
Initially the price of bitcoin may plummet when the CDBC is introduced, the whales will vacuum up the bitcoin at this point.
It would be interesting to hear what the mercenaries got paid for the recent assassination of the haitian president, we can take it as a given they were set up by western intelligence. If it was bitcoin it’s a prime example of its future use.
People will still need something to buy illegal drugs with also.

I think they will start with euro CDBC, dollar CDBC etc, with time they will move toward their one world currency delusion, the dollar is safe for now, however there is rising social unrest culturally speaking in the USA, this could be a catalyst for collapse, things are getting worse and media isn’t covering it, we also have more social change to come to bring in the ruling classes new system of rule, people could snap.

OP
F

FredSonoma

I think bitcoin will be kept for dark ops, the central bank are bringing their crypto currency out soon, the bank of international settlements are ramping up their rhetoric on it the last year, agusten carlsons the head of BIS talks openly about how they can track its movements, knowing where each dollar is spent.

Bitcoin has been shown to be in the hands of a small number of people, it’s easy to manipulate the price when needed, it will be interesting to monitor the price of bitcoin in the future alongside CBDC, if the intelligence agencies need to fund a rebel(Terrorist) group on foreign soil they will move the price upward.
Initially the price of bitcoin may plummet when the CDBC is introduced, the whales will vacuum up the bitcoin at this point.
It would be interesting to hear what the mercenaries got paid for the recent assassination of the haitian president, we can take it as a given they were set up by western intelligence. If it was bitcoin it’s a prime example of its future use.
People will still need something to buy illegal drugs with also.

I think they will start with euro CDBC, dollar CDBC etc, with time they will move toward their one world currency delusion, the dollar is safe for now, however there is rising social unrest culturally speaking in the USA, this could be a catalyst for collapse, things are getting worse and media isn’t covering it, we also have more social change to come to bring in the ruling classes new system of rule, people could snap.
Why do you say the dollar is safe for now? It seems like they're trying to intentionally print it into worthlessness

I agree with what you're saying about the CBDC's, I've been wondering if they even created Bitcoin, poised as a decentralized alternative (basically a controlled op currency, lol), and then generated the huge amount of buzz about "blockchain" and "crypto" (which 99% of people still don't understand, but almost everyone trusts it now), purely so they could roll out the CBDC's and tell us "they're safe just like Bitcoin!"

Regina

The middle class of America is a historic aberration. Something similar to it has never existed before,
It helped fund American military might, and countless technological breakthroughs.

Get rid of the middle class and you end American superiority.
Get rid of American superiority and the world reverts back to serfdom and peasants.

The old power structure returns. The aristocracy and the elite are back in charge and in their "rightful"
places.

The other steps involved including taking away all muskets, making sure the offspring do not have the mental ability to compete
with the elites offspring, and creating events that make self help impossible.
ding ding ding :darts:

CaptJim

I used to live overseas. I saw the currency at 1.5 to the dollar. after a dozen or two years 250,000 to the dollar. When I left , they chopped off a few zeros and it was at 1.5 to the dollar. Now its about 8.5:1.
The point is that a numeric value is not going to work.
Purchasing power is what you need to keep thinking about. A million dollars in the bank really does not help you if a gallon of milk is 10,000.

No one knows what is coming.
But it seems that with the devaluation and debasement of fiat currency for decades, the only option is real -hold in your hand- types of wealth, Gold, silver, copper, wheat, corn (and hopefully they do not get wiped out by pests).

What I think is important to realize is how fast things go down hill once it starts.
The cascade of fuel, farm, food disruptions in our fragmenting country needs to be planned for imho.

Bad economics cause wars.

OP
F

FredSonoma

The middle class of America is a historic aberration. Something similar to it has never existed before,
It helped fund American military might, and countless technological breakthroughs.

Get rid of the middle class and you end American superiority.
Get rid of American superiority and the world reverts back to serfdom and peasants.

The old power structure returns. The aristocracy and the elite are back in charge and in their "rightful"
places.

The other steps involved including taking away all muskets, making sure the offspring do not have the mental ability to compete
with the elites offspring, and creating events that make self help impossible.
That's interesting I never thought of that before. Are you sure empires like Ancient Rome, Egypt, China, etc. never had a comparable middle class?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals