What is the reason for collapsing the dollar?

gaze

a weak dollar generally makes stocks go up because people would rather invest then hold onto a depreciating dollar in a bank account

OP
F

FredSonoma

a weak dollar generally makes stocks go up because people would rather invest then hold onto a depreciating dollar in a bank account
That makes sense I've though the same, it's very hard to find quality investments aside from stocks, so if everyone buys stocks that inflates the value of those corporations

gaze

That makes sense I've though the same, it's very hard to find quality investments aside from stocks, so if everyone buys stocks that inflates the value of those corporations
yea, the majority of wealth in the entire world is concentrated in the stock market. that's why millionaires and billionaires love inflation and a weak dollar, because their stock prices can double in year (which happened to amazon, making bezos over 100 billion in unrealized gains and rising). meanwhile the majority of america who doesn't own stocks, who lives on a fixed wage, gets screwed because yearly the inflation lowers the purchasing power of their fixed wage, essentially giving them a pay cut without officially doing so.

Last edited:

TheReds

Its not a weak dollar. Just some implicit of the inflation. Just wait a year and you will have that strong dollar again.

Drareg

The dollar won’t collapse, its backed up by the American war machine, if anything most major currencies will brought close to parity to bring in a central bank backed digital currency.

TheReds

I imagine that's what Venezuela's government said as well.
So you think the worlds biggest economy will surge the same natural resurses deficit and blockade as Venezuela. Thats an absurd comparization.

Missenger

So you think the worlds biggest economy will surge the same natural resurses deficit and blockade as Venezuela. Thats an absurd comparization.
Good luck feigning innocence like the rest of the 'sheep'.

gaze

Druckenmiller was George Soros partner for many years and was behind Soros's billion dollar short of the british pound during "black wednesday"

I think he knows a thing or two about currencies.

Ray Dalio is also warning about it:

Last edited:
OP
F

FredSonoma

yea, the majority of wealth in the entire world is concentrated in the stock market. that's why millionaires and billionaires love inflation and a weak dollar, because their stock prices can double in year (which happened to amazon, making bezos over 100 billion in unrealized gains and rising). meanwhile the majority of america who doesn't own stocks, who lives on a fixed wage, gets screwed because yearly the inflation lowers the purchasing power of their fixed wage, essentially giving them a pay cut without officially doing so.
Yeah, I was looking at the price of gold and since 2008 when quantitative easing started (which is how they justify massive printing), the price of gold is 4x. I doubt gold is anymore valuable, just the dollar is that much weaker. Then in the present, people make a 100k/year salary and think they are "successful," not realizing how much less that is worth than just 10 years ago.

TheReds

Yeah, I was looking at the price of gold and since 2008 when quantitative easing started (which is how they justify massive printing), the price of gold is 4x. I doubt gold is anymore valuable, just the dollar is that much weaker. Then in the present, people make a 100k/year salary and think they are "successful," not realizing how much less that is worth than just 10 years ago.
The enormous growth in the whole world last 20 years has forced every resource to gain, that together with common inflation did the gains in gold etc.

Dr. B

whats the 100k equivalent of 100k 10 years ago? btw housing prices havent gone up that much over 10 years... in fact they seem right around the same as 10 years ago... was the housing market inflated to begin with
hasnt quantitative easing been around 100 years, since fdr or something?

Its not a weak dollar. Just some implicit of the inflation. Just wait a year and you will have that strong dollar again.
why in a year?

I imagine that's what Venezuela's government said as well.
i can see the point, i think the US has the war machine to back up the dollar, ensuring its success even with this inflation

The dollar won’t collapse, its backed up by the American war machine, if anything most major currencies will brought close to parity to bring in a central bank backed digital currency.
do u think bitcoin will be worthless? if they bring in central bank backed digital currency what happens to the dollar? is it just the paper form of the digital currency or will it collapse

OP
F

FredSonoma

whats the 100k equivalent of 100k 10 years ago? btw housing prices havent gone up that much over 10 years... in fact they seem right around the same as 10 years ago... was the housing market inflated to begin with
hasnt quantitative easing been around 100 years, since fdr or something?
I don't know the answer to either question unfortunately, however in 2020 there was $2 trillion dollars of USD in circulation. In 2010, there was $942 billion! (Source: U.S. Currency in Circulation | U.S. Currency Education Program).

2010 Population: 309 million
2020 Population: 331 million

Where is there double value to keep the dollar the same? If anything people might argue America was more productive in 2010.

OP
F

FredSonoma

do u think bitcoin will be worthless? if they bring in central bank backed digital currency what happens to the dollar? is it just the paper form of the digital currency or will it collapse
Yes I do, the future of the economy as Ray calls it is a "mandate economy," and not a "free market economy," aka a few large corporations will sell everything. They will not accept Bitcoin or whatever other decentralized crypto, they will only accept the government Central Bank Digital Currency. So cryptos will be worthless

I don't know about the paper dollar, I would hope that we would be able to trade them in for CBDC's. Who knows what they might try to do with a "cyber attack" though

OP
F

FredSonoma

The enormous growth in the whole world last 20 years has forced every resource to gain, that together with common inflation did the gains in gold etc.
What enormous growth in the past 20 years? America has hardly innovated in anything except for software

CaptJim

The middle class of America is a historic aberration. Something similar to it has never existed before,
It helped fund American military might, and countless technological breakthroughs.

Get rid of the middle class and you end American superiority.
Get rid of American superiority and the world reverts back to serfdom and peasants.

The old power structure returns. The aristocracy and the elite are back in charge and in their "rightful"
places.

The other steps involved including taking away all muskets, making sure the offspring do not have the mental ability to compete
with the elites offspring, and creating events that make self help impossible.

Dr. B

Yes I do, the future of the economy as Ray calls it is a "mandate economy," and not a "free market economy," aka a few large corporations will sell everything. They will not accept Bitcoin or whatever other decentralized crypto, they will only accept the government Central Bank Digital Currency. So cryptos will be worthless

I don't know about the paper dollar, I would hope that we would be able to trade them in for CBDC's. Who knows what they might try to do with a "cyber attack" though
do you think stocks are the best investment? stocks and property? not cryptos, not other currency?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals