What Causes DHEAS to skyrocket?

GorillaHead

So i am really curious about what causes dheas to skyrocket in men.

so i know that hyperprolactenimia can cause it.
Whats else?

And what are ways to reduce dhea S in a healthy way?

Someone was saying that dheas increases to increased adrenal activity and calcium would fix this but i cant find studies on this.

so here is something interesting.
All my research points to dheas being protective against diabetes and heart disease.

One study showed hyperinsulinemia decreases serum dheas and increases serum dhes. (Maybe dheas gets used up to try to protect against the hyperinsulinemia?)

your body doesnt just raise dheas without an intial action. So i see the body raising dheas as reaction to something ans this what i want to find out

Last edited:
OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Theres this Increased DHEAS and Decreased Total Testosterone Serum Levels in a Subset of Men with Early-Onset Androgenetic Alopecia: Does a Male PCOS-Equivalent Exist?

Wonder what the mechanism is there.

so it seems dheas increase when cortisol increases. So assuming no cushing disease. No congenital adrenal hyperlasia.

what are the most likely culprits?

Last edited:

PurpleHeart

Theres this Increased DHEAS and Decreased Total Testosterone Serum Levels in a Subset of Men with Early-Onset Androgenetic Alopecia: Does a Male PCOS-Equivalent Exist?

Wonder what the mechanism is there.

so it seems dheas increase when cortisol increases. So assuming no cushing disease. No congenital adrenal hyperlasia.

what are the most likely culprits?
I am also very interested in this, DHEA-S is elevated in Both balding/bald males and PCOS females like the study above states,

Also this two groups of people in general suffer from, metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, atherosclerosis, Diabetes, obesity, etc.

Our two biggest constants is high DHEA-S and low SHBG resulting in high "free"(unbound) androgens in serum.

Also there is this study -----> Sesame Ingestion Affects Sex Hormones, Antioxidant Status, and Blood Lipids in Postmenopausal Women | The Journal of Nutrition | Oxford Academic (oup.com)

sesame lowered DHEA-S and increased SHBG which is exactly what we want, If only it wasn't high in PUFA and hard to digest fiber lol.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I am also very interested in this, DHEA-S is elevated in Both balding/bald males and PCOS females like the study above states,

Also this two groups of people in general suffer from, metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, atherosclerosis, Diabetes, obesity, etc.

Our two biggest constants is high DHEA-S and low SHBG resulting in high "free"(unbound) androgens in serum.

Also there is this study -----> Sesame Ingestion Affects Sex Hormones, Antioxidant Status, and Blood Lipids in Postmenopausal Women | The Journal of Nutrition | Oxford Academic (oup.com)

sesame lowered DHEA-S and increased SHBG which is exactly what we want, If only it wasn't high in PUFA and hard to digest fiber lol.
Yup i am confident that if we can nip the cause that leads the dheas rise in androgenic alopecia we can nip the loss of hair

i tested 75 mg of pregnenlone yesterday. Boy was that a big big big mistake.
I havent had oily hair in 2 years suddnely today i probably shed 200 hairs and my hair is oily. But it did cure my dandruff which now i suspdct was just skin deprived of its natural oils.

I theorize that the pregnenlone converted mainly to dheas explaining my symptoms.

Dheas is supposed to be protective of diabetes and heart disease so i think the things that triigger rise of thise conditions are probably responsible for the rise of dheas

The rise of these hormone shows the body is fighting those conditions you mentioned but its not enough.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

The pufa doesnt concern me as much as fhe estrogenic effects that could occur

lampofred

It is a protective reaction to high ACTH.

5a-DHP

So testosterone actually suppresses acth. This could explain why hypogonadal men end up with high dheas and the whole increases hairloss and aging.
Testosterone and ACTH are inversely related - as are cortisol and LH / FSH.
Users of high dose exogenous testosterone often develop clinically deficient cortisol due to excessive ACTH suppression + 11BHSD inhibition.

5a-DHP

Did they provide a before & after pic? If not...they can go jump off a bridge.
They never do.
I lol'd at their claim of being a "legitimate molecular biologist researcher" whilst simultaneously being an undergraduate. As someone who's done undergraduate biology themselves and now teaches undergraduate students, I can't begin to explain how little work, or 'research', an undergraduate actually does.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

They never do.
I lol'd at their claim of being a "legitimate molecular biologist researcher" whilst simultaneously being an undergraduate. As someone who's done undergraduate biology themselves and now teaches undergraduate students, I can't begin to explain how little work, or 'research', an undergraduate actually does.
I for one believe it helped them. Its estrogenic lots of estrogenic substances maintain hair. Finasteirde for example

5a-DHP

I for one believe it helped them. Its estrogenic lots of estrogenic substances maintain hair. Finasteirde for example
I would argue the 70%+ reduction to the most potent androgen the body produces is responsible for fin-mediated hair regrowth - not it's estrogenic effects.
Topical estradiol + estriol alone w/o a progestin produces very mediocre results.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I would argue the 70%+ reduction to the most potent androgen the body produces is responsible for fin-mediated hair regrowth - not it's estrogenic effects.
Topical estradiol + estriol alone w/o a progestin produces very mediocre results.
Thats because its topical.

dht is needed for growth but so is estrogen.

think of it like this. A body with no terminal hair has a 0:1 ratio of hormones

0 being dht and 1 being estrogen.

the scalp hair has some balanced ratio say 1:1. But as soon as dht peripherally rises the ratio on the scalp is skewed causinf hairloss and the ratio on the body is now balanced and u get body hair.

Gungnir

It is so easy to just take a picture. Basically all cellphones have a camera. If they successfully overcame male pattern baldness (which is an absolutely groundbreaking victory) but will not provide photo evidence then they are likely just wanting attention or fame. Also, Finasteride kinda sucks. It rarely works and when it does it's just so so.

5a-DHP

Thats because its topical.

dht is needed for growth but so is estrogen.

think of it like this. A body with no terminal hair has a 0:1 ratio of hormones

0 being dht and 1 being estrogen.

the scalp hair has some balanced ratio say 1:1. But as soon as dht peripherally rises the ratio on the scalp is skewed causinf hairloss and the ratio on the body is now balanced and u get body hair.
There's very little evidence for any of that.
You're trying to build a working model by combining numerous isolated, individual facts, without any real appreciation for underlying energy metabolism, nor the effects on the cell and system as a whole.
Too mechanical; not representative of actual physiology.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

There's very little evidence for any of that.
You're trying to build a working model by combining numerous isolated, individual facts, without any real appreciation for underlying energy metabolism, nor the effects on the cell and system as a whole.
Too mechanical; not representative of actual physiology.

theres actully alot i just need to put together that evidence together.

regardless. I want to stay on topic here.

so my understansing is dheas prevent diabetes. So cortisol goes up. Insulin resistance rises and dheas goes up to compensate?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals