What Affect does Long-Term Aspirin Supplementation have on Testosterone Levels?

P

pineywoodrooter

I've read conflicting experiences with this. The study I'm aware of showed an increase in testosterone after 8 days of aspirin supplementation, but then a decrease after 15 days. I believe the study involved rats, though.

What's the verdict on this? Can long-term aspirin supplementation have a negative effect on testosterone levels or reproductive health?

I have had shitty testosterone levels and used to take aspirin pretty frequently, it didn't affect it one way or another.

Also, am currently on TRT and take aspirin about weekly -- again no effect either way (aside from mental benefits and decreasing inflammation ofc).

I think that study you mentioned was on rats I haven't seen anything solid with humans. Remember just because you can locate 1 study doesn't mean didly it's got to be replicated and cited a ton for you to say that okay this might be accurate.

Motorneuron

Like everything we introduce .... the answer DEPENDS on our current metabolic and hormonal homeostasis.

DrJ

What people don't understand is that if you are pounding aspirin you are setting the stage to massively upregulate your carbohydrate metabolism and if you don't start consuming massive carbs and proportional nutrients to support that you are going to have a bad time. And if you are eating too much fat at the same time it's going to get stored because aspirin pushes it out of the blood stream. then you'll have cortisol kick in because you aren't consuming as much carbs as the aspirin metabolism demands and your increased fat will produce more estrogen, both of those lowering testosterone.

If you're going to take aspirin on the regular to achieve that hyperborean level metabolism then you need to drop fat below 50g or lower and eat insane amounts of carbs. It's a wonderful feeling if you can pull it off but it requires discipline. I eat pounds of potatoes per day plus loads of sugar from fruits and I gain no weight but if I don't keep the carbs coming with the aspirin my nostrils go from being like turbines to being stuffed up. If you're going to go all in on boosting metabolism with things like aspirin you need to commit to unbelievably high carbs and very low fat and you will be well rewarded.

OP
P

pineywoodrooter

What people don't understand is that if you are pounding aspirin you are setting the stage to massively upregulate your carbohydrate metabolism and if you don't start consuming massive carbs and proportional nutrients to support that you are going to have a bad time. And if you are eating too much fat at the same time it's going to get stored because aspirin pushes it out of the blood stream. then you'll have cortisol kick in because you aren't consuming as much carbs as the aspirin metabolism demands and your increased fat will produce more estrogen, both of those lowering testosterone.

If you're going to take aspirin on the regular to achieve that hyperborean level metabolism then you need to drop fat below 50g or lower and eat insane amounts of carbs. It's a wonderful feeling if you can pull it off but it requires discipline. I eat pounds of potatoes per day plus loads of sugar from fruits and I gain no weight but if I don't keep the carbs coming with the aspirin my nostrils go from being like turbines to being stuffed up. If you're going to go all in on boosting metabolism with things like aspirin you need to commit to unbelievably high carbs and very low fat and you will be well rewarded.

I’m out then. I do better on higher fats. Thanks for the advice.

fevronia

I would like to hear about your typical diet if you don’t mind sharing. How do you eat the potatoes? Baked, no butter? I’m very interested in this approach.

DrJ

I would like to hear about your typical diet if you don’t mind sharing. How do you eat the potatoes? Baked, no butter? I’m very interested in this approach.
Just buy an air fryer. It's the best kitchen appliance I've purchased outside of a blender.

I buy the frozen diced potatoes for speed or cube the potatoes I grow myself when I have time. Toss in 1 tsp butter and air fry. Buy a few seasonings you like and add them when they come out of the fryer. I eat at least 1 lb at a time.

Motorneuron

What you say is somewhat reflective of my experience in which I attributed negative effects of aspirin in regards to body composition ... it is an FAO inhibitor.

Korven

n = 1, since I stopped taking aspirin (and quit most supplements) my testicles are larger, I have a much higher libido, and I feel way better, more androgenic. My hand eczema went away too. For me aspirin is no bueno.

MayaPapaya

Just buy an air fryer. It's the best kitchen appliance I've purchased outside of a blender.

I buy the frozen diced potatoes for speed or cube the potatoes I grow myself when I have time. Toss in 1 tsp butter and air fry. Buy a few seasonings you like and add them when they come out of the fryer. I eat at least 1 lb at a time.
Not only does air frying still run the risk of creating acrylamides, but polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and heterocyclic amines can result from all high-heat cooking with meat. These compounds have associations with cancer risk, according to the National Cancer Institute .

liamdavis

Do you have any sources for this? Just curious.

I read RP’s article on “aspirin, the brain, and cancer” and only saw that aspirin switches the mitochondria from fat oxidation to glucose oxidation.

MayaPapaya

Do you have any sources for this? Just curious.

I read RP’s article on “aspirin, the brain, and cancer” and only saw that aspirin switches the mitochondria from fat oxidation to glucose oxidation.
I take 325mg GeriCare uncoated Aspirin before sleep, with either ice-cream/salt/Progest E/Thyroid, or Coconut oil(1tbsp)/honey/salt/Progest E/Thyroid. But during the day I consume enough(for me it's a moderate amount) fat and carbs, and proteins together. What can you say about this? I would appreciate your opinion/advice. Thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals