Aspirin Decreases Cortisol And Increases Testosterone In Humans

Ulysses

Did some more digging and found this:

Effect of aspirin, flurbiprofen and indomethacin on porcine testicular steroidogenesis

232S.pdf-extract.jpeg

I don't have access to the full article but that is not, you know, an especially comforting preview image.

Not sure what to think, but I'm going to back off on the aspirin a bit, and start using it only occasionally. It took quite a bit of effort to find even this study, and I'm surprised by how little research there seems to be on this subject.

Jon

Did some more digging and found this:

Effect of aspirin, flurbiprofen and indomethacin on porcine testicular steroidogenesis

232S.pdf-extract.jpeg

I don't have access to the full article but that is not, you know, an especially comforting preview image.

Not sure what to think, but I'm going to back off on the aspirin a bit, and start using it only occasionally. It took quite a bit of effort to find even this study, and I'm surprised by how little research there seems to be on this subject.

You seem like someone very in the know on aspirin.

What do you think of taking it only once a month? I would like to do this during strength training layoffs to really drive down accumulated stress and nagging inflammation, but I'm alittle afraid of the platelet aggregation rebound. I know acutely there's not much danger to this but chronically I'm wondering if consistently using it once a month would start to affect me poorly?

Edit: and I know what the study showed lol but I value personal experience as well.

Ulysses

You seem like someone very in the know on aspirin.

What do you think of taking it only once a month? I would like to do this during strength training layoffs to really drive down accumulated stress and nagging inflammation, but I'm alittle afraid of the platelet aggregation rebound. I know acutely there's not much danger to this but chronically I'm wondering if consistently using it once a month would start to affect me poorly?

Edit: and I know what the study showed lol but I value personal experience as well.
I'm really not; haidut knows much more than I do. The study he posted seems to indicate that aspirin is safe for a few days at a time, and I trust it. I'm just not sure about the consequences of long-term, continuous use.

In general I would be wary of dampening the training response with antioxidants or anti-inflammatory drugs. You run the risk of interrupting compensatory mechanisms, or just masking the symptoms of overtraining until you've done serious damage.

Jon

I'm really not; haidut knows much more than I do. The study he posted seems to indicate that aspirin is safe for a few days at a time, and I trust it. I'm just not sure about the consequences of long-term, continuous use.

In general I would be wary of dampening the training response with antioxidants or anti-inflammatory drugs. You run the risk of interrupting compensatory mechanisms, or just masking the symptoms of overtraining until you've done serious damage.

Thanks for the response :)

Yeah I don't want to take it near training. I'm thinking of running it during an off week for 3 days after a 96hr layoff from training which would hopefully allow for any neural and muscular adaptations to occur through inflammatory pathways and be done before taking the aspirin. I'm just hoping that lingering inflammation of the non hypertrophic aid type would be reduced to allow androgen synthesis to be unhindered during my off weeks.

Of course salicylic acid, what can be made by our own body is super bad for fertility, dont take it coz it shrinks yur balls and then they turn green n fall off.

Jon

Of course salicylic acid, what can be made by our own body is super bad for fertility, dont take it coz it shrinks yur balls and then they turn green n fall off.

Lmao. What do you think if you just dosed it once a month for 1-3 days at around 160mg? Do you think the test enhancements would stick around?

Jon

I don't give a labratsass about T enhancement. But anti serotonin and anti estrogen and anti inflammation.

Only male steroid obsessed persons that are hyper about it having anabolic properties, would assume I were one of those.

Lol ok. But by proxy aren't anti seretonergic, estrogenic, inflammatory qualities...pro androgenic qualities?...

If not, then I'm confused on why you'd want to decrease these things.

Testicular function is impaired by chronic s.c. administration of high doses of PGE-2 and PGF-2a
to rats and mice as indicated by a decrease in testosterone production and spermatogenesis (Bartke
et al., 1973; Saksena et ai, 1973; Abbatiello et al., 1975; Chinoy et al., 1980), which may suggest
that male fertility is 'down-regulated' by endogenous prostaglandins present in the testis
(Cenedella, 1975; Poyser, 1981). In humans a high sperm density is associated with a low concen¬
tration of PGs, especially PGE (Kelly et al., 1979; Bendvold et al., 1984).
In mice, spermatogenesis is increased by prolonged treatment with acetylsalicylic acid (100 or 200 mg/kg twice daily for 15 days) or indomethacin (1 mg/kg/day for 15 days) (Abbatiello et al., 1975)

New Evidence That Humans Make Aspirin's Active Principle -- Salicylic Acid

Scientists in the United Kingdom are reporting new evidence that humans can make their own salicylic acid (SA) -- the material formed when aspirin breaks down in the body. SA, which is responsible for aspirin's renowned effects in relieving pain and inflammation, may be the first in a new class of bioregulators, according to a new study...

Jon

Dude, for your specific questions, there exist google, but for good reads about aspirin there is this Aspirin, brain, and cancer

Thanks for the links I appreciate your time.

As I told Ulysses, I also like insight for ones personal experience. Studies may show one thing but I tend to find that in the world outside the lab things are different.

Google would probably send me here lol.

By the way, the conclusion of the previous quoted paper.

"In conclusion, the present study has shown that reduction of seminal PGs by drugs, such as
phenylbutazone, which inhibit PG synthesis does not impair male fertility. The data seem to indi¬
cate that, at least in rabbits, male fertility does not critically depend on the formation and content
of PGs within the reproductive tract. The possibility that chronic administration of non-steroidal
anti-inflammatory drugs improves sperm quality and might thus be suited for therapy of infertile
men with oligospermia deserves further study."

[edit source: J. Prod. Fert. 1988 82, 353-364
Pharmacokinetics of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in male rabbits after acute and chronic administration and effect of chronic treatment on seminal prostaglandins, sperm quality and fertility
-Laboratory of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Veterinary Medicine,
-Free University of Berlin, and f Universitätsfrauenklinik, Münster, Federal Republic of Germany]

Still difficult to find studies done with human on fertility, argh.
Only suggestive:
Disposition of aspirin and its metabolites in the semen of man. - PubMed - NCBI
[edit]
https://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(03)00550-8/fulltext

Last edited:

Inaut

I've noticed I get more night time/sleep erections and morning wood following aspirin which I correlate to positive effects on T....?? Wrong??? I only take 325mg a day.

japanesedude

everytime I take a babyaspirin,my joints gets dries out and nipple shrinks. and next morning, I get stronger morning wood and have better EQ.

lvysaur

SA exists in the blood of people who have not recently taken aspirin. Vegetarians had much higher levels, almost matching those in patients taking low doses of aspirin.

Interesting, and sort of relevant to the cravings I experience when taking aspirin.

Aspirin-induced cravings, for me, fall into either 1) milk + sugar 2) red meat 3) mayonnaise and fried PUFA proteins

I have a very noticeable aversion to strong spices while on aspirin, and maybe this is why. The body "sensing" that I'm already "salicylate replete".

Cameron

Variable Effects of Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Agents on Thyroid Test Results could a 2 week on 4 week off cycle of aspirin target prostaglandin issues and inflammation and avoid any negative lh impact? Do we even know why we see a drop in testosterone in these studies and method of action in why that happens? If it's increased at first then decreasing. Is the decrease in testosterone worth the metabolic and uncoupling benefits?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals