Aspirin Decreases Cortisol And Increases Testosterone In Humans

BibleBeliever

Haidut , bud. Aspirin is an acid, it will lower potassium in the cell as any acid does. At first body will try to compensate for lack of potassium in the cell by inducing 3 beta HSD and raising progesterone. This will obviously increase testosterone via 3 beta hsd. In a week, testosterone will crash and will stay down for EVER, and then you get low on zinc you will crash.

I told you many times , these studies are out of context. Your conclusions from these studies are just wrong.

if you want to understand biochemistry start from the anesthesiology. PH is the first thing the body is after.
Aren't most who are low thyroid high in potassium and low in sodium? Wouldn't this benefit low thyroid?
Most people here experience great benefits from high sodium, which antagonizes potassium.
Otherwise orange juice is highly consumed by most here for ample potassium.

What is the mechanism that low potassium causes low zinc?

Your premise is interesting though; many foods are high sources of salicylic acid, coconut oil being one, which is highly consumed amongst Peaters. I have never experimented with aspirin yet, but I wonder if my high coconut oil consumption increases the need for potassium and zinc.

Nevertheless if your premises are true, couldn't one just increase potassium/zinc with aspirin as well as the noted vitamin k as other threads prescribe to counter any negatives?

High_Prob

If aspirin forcing potassium out of the cell is indeed a real concern then maybe taking some taurine with aspirin could possibly help (since it apparently helps to keep potassium and magnesium inside the cell).

Last edited:

DaveFoster

@Serotoninja

Aspirin tends to shift the cortisol and testosterone in favor of the latter.

Correcting thyroid function tends to alleviate chronic inflammation without the need for aspirin.

Frankdee20

Haidut , bud. Aspirin is an acid, it will lower potassium in the cell as any acid does. At first body will try to compensate for lack of potassium in the cell by inducing 3 beta HSD and raising progesterone. This will obviously increase testosterone via 3 beta hsd. In a week, testosterone will crash and will stay down for EVER, and then you get low on zinc you will crash.

I told you many times , these studies are out of context. Your conclusions from these studies are just wrong.

if you want to understand biochemistry start from the anesthesiology. PH is the first thing the body is after.

Oh ***t, for ever ? As in permanent?

Diokine

I would say it is possible to induce a persistent cellular respiratory defect with chronic use of aspirin, but only in conditions of other feedback disruptions. Aldosterone and the renin-angiotensin system, along with cyclic AMP are critically involved in this feedback. Under a lot of stress, aldosterone will typically be chronically elevated. This chronic elevation of mineralcorticoid activity is what will eventually induce the persistent alkalosis.

I wouldn't think it's appropriate to be afraid of aspirin causing permanent effects - though it can contribute to worsening pathology.

Maggiemccall

Does anyone know where one can get asprin without the talc in it? tis is in the UK.... but I do not mind getting it from abroad!

L

lollipop

Does anyone know where one can get asprin without the talc in it? tis is in the UK.... but I do not mind getting it from abroad!
Amazon has a few options. GeriCare and another one I read about on this forum. The GeriCare off US Amazon has like 1000 tabs for $10 US dollars. Also someone from UK or EU might help you better as I am in US.

Edit: Just saw that Health Natura sells Aspirin powder. I would feel confident with that product. You might check out their website. Many on the forum from all over the world order from him. I have as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

vulture

Intriguing find.
Haidut's study seems contradicts the one I posted. But the one I posted doesn't show numbers. It might reduce T in 1%...also, Gbolduev said T reduction is permanent: wouldn't this mean anyone taking Aspirin for longer than a week should be presenting low T?

Wagner83

Haidut's study seems contradicts the one I posted. But the one I posted doesn't show numbers. It might reduce T in 1%...also, Gbolduev said T reduction is permanent: wouldn't this mean anyone taking Aspirin for longer than a week should be presenting low T?
I'd say it doesn't contradict the one you found, I could be wrong but as I read both abstracts, both showed higher T short term and when the one quoted by haidut ended (10 days I think) the other found decreased T (> 8-15 days ?).

vulture

As far as I remember at day 8 T dropped. Haidut's study might show increase but just because it wasn't enough time to see it decreased enough

http://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jpbs/papers/Vol4-issue6/L0464954.pdf
In this study dosage seems rather high, isn't it?
Now, how could we reverse this effect? Has anyone seen this happen?

I think it should be reversible or we would see a lot of aspirin users (who are also millions) with permanent low T

Maggiemccall

Amazon has a few options. GeriCare and another one I read about on this forum. The GeriCare off US Amazon has like 1000 tabs for $10 US dollars. Also someone from UK or EU might help you better as I am in US.

Edit: Just saw that Health Natura sells Aspirin powder. I would feel confident with that product. You might check out their website. Many on the forum from all over the world order from him. I have as well.

thank you Lisa!

Wagner83

As far as I remember at day 8 T dropped. Haidut's study might show increase but just because it wasn't enough time to see it decreased enough

http://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jpbs/papers/Vol4-issue6/L0464954.pdf
In this study dosage seems rather high, isn't it?
Now, how could we reverse this effect? Has anyone seen this happen?

I think it should be reversible or we would see a lot of aspirin users (who are also millions) with permanent low T
The study was done on rats, if I understand the content of this link properly and supposing it's accurate, then the equivalent for humans would be:
(rat dose) / 6 = (human dose)
10 / 6 = 1.6 mg/kg
For a 70 kg male that would be 112mg of aspirin per day.

vulture

The study was done on rats, if I understand the content of this link properly and supposing it's accurate, then the equivalent for humans would be:
(rat dose) / 6 = (human dose)
10 / 6 = 1.6 mg/kg
For a 70 kg male that would be 112mg of aspirin per day.
I have taken 325 mg for more than a week. And several members of this forum also

Frankdee20

How come if you google Aspirin and Testosterone” we get a lot of hits saying Aspirin lowers it

Well, I have been taking 2x 160mg aspirin daily for 3 month now. It is working great in combination with training.

first 1x 160mg + coffee milk sugar + calisthenics 10 minute workout, followed by breakfast: rice and chicken with gelatine, OJ, milk ginger sugar
When doing heavy work in the yard I take up to 650mg beforehand to reduce aldosterone.
and 1x 160mg at dinner. Sometimes 160mg before sleep or headaches.

Forgot to mention I eat pressure cooked red kidney beans that are high in potassium. And of course enough salt on the rice.
This way, I think, with milk/calcium, beans/potassium, salt/sodium you will keep PH in balance even when you take Aspirin daily.