Theanine Completely Abolishes The Cortisol Response To Stress In Humans

Steveig84

Got mine yesterday and wow... 200mcg theanine combined with 1g taurin and 5-10g gelatine with my daily coffees/ evening hot chocolates has killed the stress responses i was having im feeling so calm but energetic. With keep up dating with my experience as they continue.

Hugh Johnson

Haidut-- is it possible that we might unintentionally raise adrenaline while reducing cortisol by theanine? Theanine has been the best sleep aid for me for months. The reason I am asking is that in the last week or so I have significantly been suffering from hyperventilation and hard time controlling it with supplements. I have hearth palpitations and a bit hard time staying asleep. I have been thinking as what has changed, what might be causing this. Recently, I had to increase my theanine dosage as I had a short trip to China. Suffering from jet lag, I used theanine extensively to sleep while I was there and also here back at home. Is it possible that as my body is under stress but cortisol is capped, it has to produce more adrenaline?

Obviously, there might be other things as well. I couldn't control my pufa and overall fat intake while on the trip among other things.
Cortisol raises blood sugar, which it probably its main function. Hypoglycemia is associated with hyperventilation.

Add to that stressors like PUFA and flying and you might have just run out of sugar. When lowering stress hormones with substances it is crucial to get enough sugar. Stress hormones are not evil, their role is to mobilize energy, and if they are pushed down without sufficient energy being provided you get into trouble.

rei

I was amazed how effective theanine is at stopping me from (cold)sweating when drinking coffee.

3littlestarrs

I've thought about it but there are already vendors on the market offering theanine powder pretty cheaply. I may do a master anti-stress supplement that contains theanine and a few other ingredients in it. Right now I am trying to make more of less "orthogonal" supplements - i.e. ones not overlapping in ingredients. This means that a combination of a few of them would give you pretty much any desired effect without the need to release a specialized supplement for a very small niche. That being said, I am always open to releasing a product if there is sufficient interest in it. So, I am keeping my eyes/ears open.
Can you suggest a supplement for my relentless barometric pressure change headaches? I have been to 5 big hospitals and admitted to headache clinics for weeks with no avail. Thoughts?

Sherbert

ADD/ADHD is a condition of primarily low dopamine. That is why it is treated with functionally dopaminergic drugs like amphetamines, which may help but destroy the dopaminergic system in the long run and a person has to take them for life to stay normal. Not sure why your son is on SSRI. Serotonergic drugs have never been shown to help ADD/ADHD and they have other toxicities as discussed on the forum. Something line pramipexole or even bromocriptine makes a lot more sense than SSRI and amphetamines.
yes makes more sense.. hope @Kim #kim and her son are doing better/well since the post

#add #adhd #dopamine #dopamine #ssri #serotonin #bromocriptine

Sherbert

Diogo

I've thought about it but there are already vendors on the market offering theanine powder pretty cheaply. I may do a master anti-stress supplement that contains theanine and a few other ingredients in it. Right now I am trying to make more of less "orthogonal" supplements - i.e. ones not overlapping in ingredients. This means that a combination of a few of them would give you pretty much any desired effect without the need to release a specialized supplement for a very small niche. That being said, I am always open to releasing a product if there is sufficient interest in it. So, I am keeping my eyes/ears open.
Any idea on if there is a tolerance to this effect? Can't find anything online.

Ismail

Got mine yesterday and wow... 200mcg theanine combined with 1g taurin and 5-10g gelatine with my daily coffees/ evening hot chocolates has killed the stress responses i was having im feeling so calm but energetic. With keep up dating with my experience as they continue.
How’s it going? Still taking this combo?

frankmp0

ADD/ADHD is a condition of primarily low dopamine. That is why it is treated with functionally dopaminergic drugs like amphetamines, which may help but destroy the dopaminergic system in the long run and a person has to take them for life to stay normal. Not sure why your son is on SSRI. Serotonergic drugs have never been shown to help ADD/ADHD and they have other toxicities as discussed on the forum. Something line pramipexole or even bromocriptine makes a lot more sense than SSRI and amphetamines.
I think SSRIs could actually worsen ADD by further damaging dopamine, androgen production, but may reduce hyper(activity) by simply reducing activity and energy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals