Aspirin Conditioning Protects The Stomach From All Irritants

Peata

Yep, also a great way to protect from the possible (and unlikely) damages from aspirin.
Got the idea from you. And I think you said niacinamide can also help prevent aspirin stomach irritation?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Got the idea from you. And I think you said niacinamide can also help prevent aspirin stomach irritation?

Have not seen any studies on that, but there are studies with caffeine, theanine and magnesium also showing protective effects.

Elle

So alka selzer would be a good option? Exept for its price!
I wondered about Alka-Seltzer, too, but the citric acid has kept me away.

I never had a bad reaction to it and i am to lazy to mix it my self
Yeah, I often find having to dissolve it inconvenient. I've wondered if I could get by with taking 3-4 undissolved baby aspirin throughout the day instead, but I'm not brave enough to try it. I wish I could find an alternative to Alka Seltzer without the citric acid. Maybe that's a product idea for Haidut :D!

Sometimes I take aspirin with glycine.
Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but do you dissolve it with the glycine?

Peata

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but do you dissolve it with the glycine?

Sometimes I pour glycine powder into dissolving Alka Seltzer. Or just pop glycine capsules with aspirin. Or dissolve uncoated aspirin in water with glycine powder.

Elle

Sometimes I pour glycine powder into dissolving Alka Seltzer. Or just pop glycine capsules with aspirin. Or dissolve uncoated aspirin in water with glycine powder.
Thanks--I will be trying that!

Peata

This is from an article: Aspirin cancer prevention benefits 'outweigh risks' And I'm wondering if the increased stomach bleeding came from h. pylori. If so, how does a person know they have it (if they have no ulcer or reason to test) and how do they fix it?

But the researchers also warned that taking aspirin long-term increases the risk of bleeding in the stomach.

Among 60-year-olds who take daily aspirin for 10 years, the risk of digestive tract bleeding increases from 2.2 per cent to 3.6 per cent, and this could be life-threatening in a small proportion of people, say the researchers.

The rate of gastrointestinal bleeding increases sharply over the age of 70.

Another side effect is peptic ulcer, the risk of which increased by 30 - 60 per cent.

"Whilst there are some serious side effects that can't be ignored, taking aspirin daily looks to be the most important thing we can do to reduce cancer after stopping smoking and reducing obesity, and will probably be much easier to implement," says Cuzick.

Aspirin is a cheap, over-the-counter drug generally used to combat pain or reduce fever.

The drug reduces the risk of clots forming in blood vessels and can protect against heart attacks and strokes, so it is often prescribed for people who already suffer with heart disease and have already had one or several attacks.

Aspirin also increases the risk of bleeding in the stomach to around one patient in every thousand per year, a factor which has fuelled debate over whether doctors should advise patients to take it as regularly as every day.

"The risk of bleeding depends on a number of known factors which people need to be aware of before starting regular aspirin and it would be advisable to consult a doctor before embarking on daily medication," says Cuzick.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This is from an article: Aspirin cancer prevention benefits 'outweigh risks' And I'm wondering if the increased stomach bleeding came from h. pylori. If so, how does a person know they have it (if they have no ulcer or reason to test) and how do they fix it?

But the researchers also warned that taking aspirin long-term increases the risk of bleeding in the stomach.

Among 60-year-olds who take daily aspirin for 10 years, the risk of digestive tract bleeding increases from 2.2 per cent to 3.6 per cent, and this could be life-threatening in a small proportion of people, say the researchers.

The rate of gastrointestinal bleeding increases sharply over the age of 70.

Another side effect is peptic ulcer, the risk of which increased by 30 - 60 per cent.

"Whilst there are some serious side effects that can't be ignored, taking aspirin daily looks to be the most important thing we can do to reduce cancer after stopping smoking and reducing obesity, and will probably be much easier to implement," says Cuzick.

Aspirin is a cheap, over-the-counter drug generally used to combat pain or reduce fever.

The drug reduces the risk of clots forming in blood vessels and can protect against heart attacks and strokes, so it is often prescribed for people who already suffer with heart disease and have already had one or several attacks.

Aspirin also increases the risk of bleeding in the stomach to around one patient in every thousand per year, a factor which has fuelled debate over whether doctors should advise patients to take it as regularly as every day.

"The risk of bleeding depends on a number of known factors which people need to be aware of before starting regular aspirin and it would be advisable to consult a doctor before embarking on daily medication," says Cuzick.

Yes, it is from H. pylori. If you look at the studies that tried to replicate the bleeding effects of aspirin it only worked in people with infection with that pathogen. If people had other ulcers like say from stress, aspirin was actually protective. I think the exaggeration/manipulation of the bleeding risks of aspirin and the bashing of its benefits will eventually go down as one of the biggest crimes against humanity given how many people aspirin can save. But the table is already (slowly) turning. Given the lack of success of new cancer drugs, if aspirin shows effects in the UK clinical trials, pharma will jump on the bandwagon and simply plead ignorance or their favorite "too big to fail", so I doubt anybody will go to jail over delaying arrival of aspirin on the cancer scene.

Peata

Yes, it is from H. pylori. If you look at the studies that tried to replicate the bleeding effects of aspirin it only worked in people with infection with that pathogen. If people had other ulcers like say from stress, aspirin was actually protective. I think the exaggeration/manipulation of the bleeding risks of aspirin and the bashing of its benefits will eventually go down as one of the biggest crimes against humanity given how many people aspirin can save. But the table is already (slowly) turning. Given the lack of success of new cancer drugs, if aspirin shows effects in the UK clinical trials, pharma will jump on the bandwagon and simply plead ignorance or their favorite "too big to fail", so I doubt anybody will go to jail over delaying arrival of aspirin on the cancer scene.
What do you think are ways to get rid of h. pylori?

What do you think are ways to get rid of h. pylori?

i found honey on an empty stomach helpful.

I no longer have any problem with aspirin, but I did before I did the honey. I used Manuka but maybe any honey would work.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Peata

i found honey on an empty stomach helpful.

I no longer have any problem with aspirin, but I did before I did the honey. I used Manuka but maybe any honey would work.

Aside from a course of antibiotics, things like high dose coconut oil or even buying isolated lauric acid may help.
Doctor Finds Coconut Oil Effective Against Helico Pylori....

If you look at the last post it has some studies and specific recommendations on dose.
Doctor Finds Coconut Oil Effective Against Helico Pylori....

Thanks. I don't have it myself (last time I was tested), but others may be having problems with this and aspirin, and I'd like to know what to tell them (short of them going to doctor for Rx).

postman

Ray has written how the stomach can be conditioned to tolerate aspirin by using titrated dosages, after which the stomach becomes very resilient to higher aspirin dosages as well as all kinds of other irritants. This study confirms the approach. The conditioning schedule was 5 days of human dose 1.5g aspirin after which the rats' stomachs became irritation resilient.

Gastric adaptation to injury by repeated doses of aspirin strengthens mucosal defence against subsequent exposure to various strong irritants in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Doens't seem to increase resistance to the damaging effects of alcohol, in fact it seems to make it much much worse.

The risk of acute major upper gastrointestinal bleeding among users of aspirin and ibuprofen at various levels of alcohol consumption. - PubMed - NCBI

Xemnoraq

Ray has written how the stomach can be conditioned to tolerate aspirin by using titrated dosages, after which the stomach becomes very resilient to higher aspirin dosages as well as all kinds of other irritants. This study confirms the approach. The conditioning schedule was 5 days of human dose 1.5g aspirin after which the rats' stomachs became irritation resilient.

Gastric adaptation to injury by repeated doses of aspirin strengthens mucosal defence against subsequent exposure to various strong irritants in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

The reason i believe aspirin is tied to ulcers and irritation could be not because of aspirin itself but the form it comes in, Ray and yourself have both mentioned anything that irritates the intestine such as foods that dont go down smooth or things that have an abrassive action, can promote serotonin and nitric oxide and raise cortisol due to the irritation,

Ive used a few different aspirin products and ones that dissolve really well in water seem to give little irritation, however i recently bought pure aspirin powder from health natura, and their aspirin almost comes in crystal form and decent sized sharp crystals and doesnt dissolve in water, so when i use this brand even in water it wont dissolve and i get intense irritation with a heavy cortisol response after using it, i feel this may be the same with white sugar and the crystals, the form those things come it may scratch of irritate the intestinal lining despite them being beneficial for health overall,

I think one thing people need to consider before they point the finger at aspirin as a substance as a cause of ulcers an irritant, is maybe considering the form it comes in instead,

Like i mentioned in my experience very fine ground aspirin that dissolves well in water works well aspirin that doesnt dissolve well and stays in its more crystal form is likely scratching or irritating the intestinal wall promoting serotonin and the absorbtion of endotoxin,

So bottom line with aspirin in my opinion is i dont think aspirin causes irritation i think its protective like Ray mentioned, but if people are taking undissolved aspirin that could be like putting glass through your intestines, id imagine the crystals in aspirin and possibly granulated sugar could have a sort of microtear action or at least a sort of scratching action just my thoughts on this and 2 cents if anyone else feels the same

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals