High Salt Diet In Rats Almost Doubles Testosterone Levels, But

Mauritio

It decreases LH but doubles Testosterone. Meaning increased steroid production without it beeing caused by pituitary hormones .
That must mean that salt stimulates the testicles to produce more testosterone .

I have read on another thread that salt increases the enzyme that converts cholesterol to pregnenolone . So firstly that might be another method of action for increasing testosterone and secondly one should take care of his cholesterol (eggs,sugar coconut oil) when supplementing high amounts of salt.

rei

I’d stick to using salt according to salt appetite.

It decreases LH but doubles Testosterone. Meaning increased steroid production without it beeing caused by pituitary hormones .
That must mean that salt stimulates the testicles to produce more testosterone .

I have read on another thread that salt increases the enzyme that converts cholesterol to pregnenolone . So firstly that might be another method of action for increasing testosterone and secondly one should take care of his cholesterol (eggs,sugar coconut oil) when supplementing high amounts of salt.

If you don't depend on making your food palatable by excessive salt you don't overconsume it. Just like with any other thing. If you continuously make shitty food palatable with salt you get tolerance for it, your body adapts to too much salt and excretes more, and you need more to sustain balance. You don't want to eat salty, you just want to have that salty taste noticeable and compliment all others.

I don't know why this is so hard. Eat salted peanuts. First 20 grams taste delicious. Next 20 grams taste good. The following are just ok. If you continue it starts to get meh. You should have stopped when the taste went from delicious to good.

Same is true for sugar, fat and protein. But those are harder to internalize than salt craving.

Last edited:

Mauritio

If you don't depend on making your food palatable by excessive salt you don't overconsume it. Just like with any other thing. If you continuously make shitty food palatable with salt you get tolerance for it, your body adapts to too much salt and excretes more, and you need more to sustain balance. You don't want to eat salty, you just want to have that salty taste barely noticeable and compliment all others.

I don't know why this is so hard. Eat salted peanuts. First 20 grams taste delicious. Next 20 grams taste good. The following are just ok. If you continue it starts to get meh. You should have stopped when the taste went from delicious to good.

Same is true for sugar, fat and protein. But those are harder to internalize than salt craving.
Yeah ,I'm allergic to peanuts but another option that @GAF wrote about is heavily salted pop corn to get your salt .

pro marker

I dunno how reliable this is. I've noticed that when making things like chili stews, I run through way more salt than if I'm cooking steak, because salt gets mixed in and doesn't contact your taste buds. Also, and this is probably a crime against humanity, but I noticed that I can pour salt into the malt-based swedish soda "julmust" until past saturation, and it's actually pretty tasty. I tried doing this when I started peating a few months ago but I stopped because I didn't know what i was doing and wasn't sure if it was good or not, I didn't want to drink so much soda, and the julmust ran out in the store (jul means christmas). Point is, it managed to be tasty despite being extraordinary amounts of salt and I could probably have gone through an entire 1.5 liter bottle in a day.

julmust is a crime against humanity god i hate that stuff

rei

You should not have any desire for extra salt after your normal diet. If you cannot get a meal? Take a bucket of peanuts or popcorn. If you can eat normal food regularly, it should come from there.

I know many people derive joy from eating junk food like chips or popcorn, and even (especially oil roasted and salted ) peanuts could be argued to belong there, but it should not be something common, only occasional.

Mauritio

You should not have any desire for extra salt after your normal diet. If you cannot get a meal? Take a bucket of peanuts or popcorn. If you can eat normal food regularly, it should come from there.

I know many people derive joy from eating junk food like chips or popcorn, and even peanuts could be argued to belong there, but it should not be something common, only occasional.
No I don't think theres a problem eating corn derived things , if you have your basic nutrients in check seems like a good option.

rei

The antinutrients don't get destroyed just by short dry heating. But you are right, if there is no pufa oil used in popping them then it is a pretty decent food. But not good.

GorillaHead

Not necessarily.
Lh stimulates the testicals to produce more testosterone.

So its possible salts makes the testicals more sensitive to LH.

Problem is this

High salt leads to high cortisol.

so that means ur adrenal gland is kicking in and this probably increases stress hormones. Besides cortisol

Mauritio

Not necessarily.
Lh stimulates the testicals to produce more testosterone.

So its possible salts makes the testicals more sensitive to LH.

Problem is this

High salt leads to high cortisol.

so that means ur adrenal gland is kicking in and this probably increases stress hormones. Besides cortisol
Cortisol might be because of low blood sugar though...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals