• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Ivermectin reduces motor coordination, serum testosterone, and central neurotransmitter levels but does not affect sexual motivation in male rats

Lokzo

Ivermectin reduces motor coordination, serum testosterone, and central neurotransmitter levels but does not affect sexual motivation in male rats​

N Moreira 1, T M Sandini 2, T M Reis-Silva 3, P Navas-Suáresz 4, A V V Auada 5, I Lebrun 5, J C Flório 6, M M Bernardi 7, H S Spinosa 6
Affiliations expand

Abstract​

Ivermectin (IVM) is a macrocyclic lactone used for the treatment of parasitic infections and widely used in veterinary medicine as endectocide. In mammals, evidence indicates that IVM interacts with γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA)-mediated chloride channels. GABAergic system is involved in the manifestation of sexual behavior. We previously found that IVM at therapeutic doses did not alter sexual behavior in male rats, but at a higher dose, the appetitive phase of sexual behavior was impaired. Thus, we investigated whether the reduction of sexual behavior that was previously observed was a consequence of motor or motivational deficits that are induced by IVM. Data showed significant decrease in striatal dopaminergic system activity and lower testosterone levels but no effects on sexual motivation or penile erection. These findings suggest IVM may activate the GABAergic system and reduce testosterone levels, resulting in a reduction of motor coordination as consequence of the inhibition of striatal dopamine release.
Keywords: Avermectin. GABA; Ivermectin; Neurotransmitters; Sexual behavior.

emunah

I felt good after IVM. My mind was very clear, and I felt like I am better able to concentrate and control my impulses. From what I saw it can't cross the blood-brain barrier unless it's impaired. I wonder if these side effects had something to with lowering neurotransmitters?? But how does it lower neurotransmitters without crossing the blood-brain barrier? Another side effect I experienced: I could not drink much wine, as instead of pleasant feeling it made me feel unpleasant (hard to explain, it's just as if the wine wasn't fun anymore). I also slept much better.

StephanF

Ivermectin works by affecting the neurological pathways in parasites, which kills them. So it is not far-fetch that it may have some neurological effect on humans as well, whether that is beneficial or not is the question. And for the short period of time that should not be a problem, billions of doses have been administered and the side effects have been well documented (I have not read them).

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Tarmander Is it Crazy to take Ivermectin Every Day? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 66
A New Zealand no longer has horse paste ivermectin available Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 10
H Ivermectin, the CURE to homosexuality? Experiments 70
Braveheart Why Ivermectin Is Superior to Pfizer’s Antiviral Pill Vaccines 5
8 How to get ivermectin in Scandinavian countries? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
Braveheart BREAKING SCANDAL: Members of Congress Treated for COVID-19 with Ivermectin? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 4
B Ivermectin - Truth & Totalitarianism | Calling out the lie Vitamins 8
B Ivermectin Blackout Secret in India Revealed Society 5
Braveheart Pfizer launching new drug Suspiciously Similar To Ivermectin Vaccines 17
Pina Treating autoimmune disorders with ivermectin Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Braveheart Shock! IVERMECTIN effective against Cancer!? Vaccines 13
Braveheart Ivermectin, a potential anticancer drug derived from an antiparasitic drug Cancer 26
ddjd Vaccinated patients are being treated with ivermectin and recovering, whilst unvaccinated are refused ivermectin! Ask For Help or Advice 3
Braveheart PART 2: Dr. Robert Malone on Ivermectin, Escape Mutants, and the Faulty Logic of Vaccine Mandates Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 28
ddjd Ivermectin cancelled the COVID "plandemic" in India Ask For Help or Advice 53
Braveheart Ivermectin: enigmatic multifaceted ‘wonder’ drug continues to surprise and exceed expectations Vaccines 51
A Huge Ivermectin study that showed massive positive results against COVID was totally faked. Scientific Studies 32
Jam Attenuation of clinical and immunological outcomes during SARS-CoV-2 infection by ivermectin (through the α-7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor) Scientific Studies 0
meatbag Stop recommending Ivermectin, it inhibits Importin α/β, an esential protein for cellular processes Scientific Studies 88
F Ivermectin, ‘Wonder drug’ from Japan: the human use perspective Miscellaneous Health Discussions 8
Mito Ivermectin - How safe is it? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 52
J Ivermectin Ask For Help or Advice 5
Jam The mechanisms of action of Ivermectin against SARS-CoV-2: An evidence-based clinical review article Scientific Studies 3
G Ivermectin or HCQ Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 93
A Ivermectin deforms sperm (fertility risks of using ivermectin prophylacticaly) Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 13
Jam COVID, Ivermectin, and the Crime of the Century: DarkHorse Podcast with Pierre Kory & Bret Weinstein Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 67
burtlancast Has orthomolecular.org and Andrew Saul sold out ? No article about Ivermectin and it's record vs Covid Miscellaneous Health Discussions 5
Mito Anti-inflammatory activity of ivermectin in late-stage COVID-19 may reflect activation of systemic glycine receptors Miscellaneous Health Discussions 7
Braveheart The Ivermectin Story: A Power Elite Analysis Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 54
Braveheart More good news on Ivermectin.... Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 11
jzeno Hydroxychloroquine And Now This: Anti-parasite Ivermectin Could Kill Off COVID-19 Cells In Two Days Articles & Scientific Studies 1
Broken man Combining lipoic acid to methylene blue reduces the Warburg effect in CHO cells: From TCA cycle activation to enhancing monoclonal antibody production Scientific Studies 2
S Working out reduces sex drive? Exercise 18
miquelangeles Prozac reduces polyunsaturated fatty acid lipid concentrations in the brain (of macaque monkeys) Scientific Studies 1
RenaissanceMan I asked Ray about Noopept. It enhances cognitive function and reduces learned helplessness Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 27
haidut Aspirin reduces symptom severity, COVID-19 mortality by half Scientific Studies 12
Mauritio Bromantane reduces liver fibrosis by 60%, kidney fibrosis by 50% Scientific Studies 17
R Cotinine, a nicotine metabolite, reduces depressive-like behavior, working memory deficits, and synaptic loss associated with chronic stress Scientific Studies 0
Mauritio Fasoracetam upregulates GABA-B receptors and reduces learned helplessness Scientific Studies 14
S Aspirin reduces testosterone and sperm count Ask For Help or Advice 103
R Verbascoside (from cistanche) reduces hypoxia-induced memory impairment in rat model Scientific Studies 1
R Bixin carotenoide from annatto bean is anti-inflammatory, reduces carrageenan-induced paw edema in rats Scientific Studies 0
Lokzo Cordyceps Reduces Leaky Gut - PUBMED Scientific Studies 14
D Cypro Histamine2-receptor antagonism reduces testosterone and motivation? Cyproheptadine 12
Mito Organic diet intervention significantly reduces urinary glyphosate levels in U.S. children and adults Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Lokzo Glycine Reduces NAFLD by modulating fatty acid oxidation, glutathione synthesis, and the gut microbiome - 2020 Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 21
S Coconut Oil Reduces DHT Orally? Coconut Oil 10
P Aspirin Use Reduces Risk Of Death In Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients Scientific Studies 0
Mauritio Aspirin Reduces Deaths In COVID-19 Patients By 47% Aspirin 14
Tristan Loscha Chris Masterjohn Position On Vitamin D For COVID - 19; VD Reduces Risks Efficiently Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 34