Aspirin Decreases Cortisol And Increases Testosterone In Humans

Kyle Bigman

Would it be stupid to take aspirin if one has low cortisol? Sometimes I think I have low cortisol because when I take aspirin I can get really spacey and feel a little dissociated from my body. It blunts my emotions. It could be something else but it seems like a high correlation.

lampofred

Did some more digging and found this:

Effect of aspirin, flurbiprofen and indomethacin on porcine testicular steroidogenesis

232S.pdf-extract.jpeg

I don't have access to the full article but that is not, you know, an especially comforting preview image.

Not sure what to think, but I'm going to back off on the aspirin a bit, and start using it only occasionally. It took quite a bit of effort to find even this study, and I'm surprised by how little research there seems to be on this subject.

It looks like they are using isolated testicles, not actual living pigs, and Peat says experiments done in petri dishes have much different effects than experiments done on whole, living creatures. Also these testicles were taken from immature pigs that shouldn't even be producing testosterone in the first place. Maybe the aspirin was actually fixing things by lowering testosterone. Plus they added NADH which is highly reducing and shifts hormones in the opposite direction of beneficial.

I'm not saying I'm discounting the study but there are so many other variables that are involved which could explain why aspirin is lowering testosterone.

But I have seen a study where aspirin raises testosterone short term but lowers it long term, so I don't know what to make of that. Maybe aspirin just burns through all your nutritional reserves, zinc, glycine, vitamin K so it leaves you with lower testosterone in the long-run.

vulture

The effect size (from the original study Haidut posted) was pretty small...

View attachment 17519
Free T change seems to be higher.
The effect size (from the original study Haidut posted) was pretty small...

View attachment 17519
Free T increase seems interesting also. Around 800 mg twice a day was the dosage.

Sci-Hub | Do Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Influence the Steroid Hormone Milieu in Male Athletes? International Journal of Sports Medicine, 28(10), 809–814 | 10.1055/s-2007-964991

db9

Has anyone yet on this forum any long term bad experiences with aspirin regarding semen and testosterone? The studies pretty clearly point in a negative direction regarding those aspects but I’ve yet to see any anecdotal report from people on this forum taking aspirin that they’ve experienced any testosterone lowering symptoms on aspirin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals