Watermelon Too Watery?

MoonDay

What about other melons? I'm not so fussed on watermelons, but rock melons and honeydews see to make me feel good.
Yes I am eating honeydew and cantolope since stopping watermelon and the thickness of my stool gotten little better(not watery) since then but still not in shape. I think food is going through too fast in my digestive tract and probably not absorbing the nutrition. Maybe i shouldn't be eating fruits at all? but then again food like green smoothies makes my bowel move fast too. But i can't be just eating meat and flour...How do i keep the food move normal speed in digestive tract and let the absorb the nutrients?

MoonDay

I'm the same. I wish I could handle fruits. I don't even bother with the fruit isle anymore. Keep the gut happy. That's my motto.
You don't eat fruits at all? then what kind of vegetables do you eat? I might be like you since i always thought fruits and vegetable made my bowel movement faster. i ate minimal fruits and vegetable until early twenties (my main food source was then red meat, flour products and very little sugar) and when i started eating them much more than before my stool quality gone down hill. sorry TMI but i still eat some. I am thinking if i should give up on fruits at least for a while or completely give up on them.

Last edited:
OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I find bananas easy on the gut. Plus they have more nutrients. Well I mean unless you are eating oranges but I don't.

RobertJM

You don't eat fruits at all? then what kind of vegetables do you eat? I might be like you since i always thought fruits and vegetable made my bowel movement faster. i ate minimal fruits and vegetable until early twenties (my main food source was then red meat, flour products and very little sugar) and when i started eating them much more than before my stool quality gone down hill. sorry TMI but i still eat some. I am thinking if i should give up on fruits at least for a while or completely give up on them.

Oh yeah I understand LOL

I just find that when I go on a 'Peat purist' style of diet (no starches, no pulp from fruits, Peat recommended fibres, ample protein, ample sugars from strained juices, etc), my gut is happy and quiet. No gut ache. No other problems. I just then have to fight with the concept of living on this diet ( I hate living on mostly liquids and the extra urination, despite heavy salt intake and t3 supplemention to try and counteract the urination).

I feel much happier on foods that I can actually eat.

But underripened fruit on any diet is a bad idea for me. Very bad. Gut ache central. I have learnt the hard way (just don't do it).

The nearest I get to fruit now are the incredible Spanish oranges that I can get from this organic market. They look bad on the exterior, but they are sublime in the middle. The juice is like nothing I have ever tasted. I now know what ripened orange juice tastes like. But they are so expensive. To get a quart of juice I have to spend about $10. So that's a rare treat for me.

Lynne

A week ago, as an experiment, I ate a whole s-m sized watermelon and got a lot of gut fementationa and gas going on. Then yesterday I drank 1 litre of pure watermelon juice and got no gut symptomas at all. I do have issues with excess high FODMAPs foods but am wondering now if the problem only happens in the presence of the fibre. Next test is apples / AJ :)

Last edited:

LadyRae

Wow, thanks @Dave Clark. I'm glad I'm growing my own.
Hi @Blossom ! I absolutely love watermelon and I just planted some watermelon plants and cantaloupe plants in my garden... do you have any tips for me this summer? I grow a lot of flowers and vegetables so I have a pretty green thumb, but I have never attempted melons before. Thank you!

By the way, I eat a lot of watermelon, several giant bowls at a time most days. I will sometimes feel a little bloated for about 20 minutes but other than that it seems to digest well and and it makes me feel really good ..... takes care of any edema I may have had from lactic acid post workout

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi @Blossom ! I absolutely love watermelon and I just planted some watermelon plants and cantaloupe plants in my garden... do you have any tips for me this summer? I grow a lot of flowers and vegetables so I have a pretty green thumb, but I have never attempted melons before. Thank you!

By the way, I eat a lot of watermelon, several giant bowls at a time most days. I will sometimes feel a little bloated for about 20 minutes but other than that it seems to digest well and and it makes me feel really good ..... takes care of any edema I may have had from lactic acid post workout
We didn’t do anything special beyond keeping our garden area fenced off to protect the plants from wildlife and we tried our best to keep the weeds under control. Fortunately we have very rich soil so I’m certain that helped!

LadyRae

We didn’t do anything special beyond keeping our garden area fenced off to protect the plants from wildlife and we tried our best to keep the weeds under control. Fortunately we have very rich soil so I’m certain that helped!
Ok, thanks! Got that stuff covered?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals