Insulin Raising Too High?

Vinny

Did you manage to get it back lower following peaty diet?
Am not sure what you asking, but I put some info in my thread, if you wanna take a look.

Vinny

Last blood draw insulin was 22.5 but other insulin resistance markers are in normal range. Doctors told me to cut sweet things and refined carbs kind of foods but I touch them very rare. I’ll write here my aspirin experiment after the bloodwork done. Thank you @Hans
Can I ask, what did you do, ending up with 22.5?
Thanks

cihans

Nothing I guess, I did peats principles a lot of sugar OJ thing but as I said except insulin other biomarkers of insulin resistance blood tests are all OK. Where I’m lost is this. Doctors told me to not eat sugar and refined carbs type foods but obviously I was not eating at that time. I ended my peat life style in eating was over 8 months ago and that insulin blood test was 3 months ago.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Last blood draw insulin was 22.5 but other insulin resistance markers are in normal range. Doctors told me to cut sweet things and refined carbs kind of foods but I touch them very rare. I’ll write here my aspirin experiment after the bloodwork done. Thank you @Hans
My pleasure man. Did you measure triglycerides or free fatty acids by any chance?

cihans

Here is the page with insulin triglycerides

Attachments

• 19931D45-2FD8-4F16-B417-BB12B899FABC.jpeg
    19931D45-2FD8-4F16-B417-BB12B899FABC.jpeg
    837.5 KB · Views: 36

Hans

Forum Supporter
Here is the page with insulin triglycerides
Thanks. Yeah trigs are elevated, but not severely. It should be below 150 and preferably below 100.
I'm looking forward to your aspirin experiment results.

cihans

I’ll start tomorrow for two months. Will post here for sure to help for OP and others if have same issues. See ya

Vinny

I’ll start tomorrow for two months. Will post here for sure to help for OP and others if have same issues. See ya
If you start a thread, I'll follow it.

cihans

As an lifetime calorie deficit and overtraining sufferer person like me when you start peat style eating its an issue in the beginning I gained like 15-20kg in the beginning in 6 months then slowly it settled down at 95-100kg range. My adult life range is 85-90kg all the time 190cm height. My issue is not the gain weight but couldn’t loose it, I’m stuck at 95-100kg whatever I try i.fasting, calorie deficit, one meal a day nothing works at the moment.

Regina

As an lifetime calorie deficit and overtraining sufferer person like me when you start peat style eating its an issue in the beginning I gained like 15-20kg in the beginning in 6 months then slowly it settled down at 95-100kg range. My adult life range is 85-90kg all the time 190cm height. My issue is not the gain weight but couldn’t loose it, I’m stuck at 95-100kg whatever I try i.fasting, calorie deficit, one meal a day nothing works at the moment.
I think I am probably similar. Although before I did overtraining and low carb/intermittent fasting, I ate terribly. I would eat a bagel for breakfast, pizza for lunch, spaghetti for dinner and maybe a few uncrustables before bed and 2 liters of diet coke. Quite disgusting really. But I was skinny. Always skinny.
Then I became interested in training and health and overtrained and ate Perfect Health Diet/intermittent fasting. I stayed skinny but got ripped with muscle.

Now I am fat. :( for the first time in my life. There does not seem to be any way for me to lose any weight at all. I tried the same things as you.
But I am sleeping deeply and don't have to get up to pee. And my mental functioning has been dramatically improving. Learning new software, reading better, less stammering, etc....

cihans

yeah sure positives are not ignored of course Im in heaven for deep sleep, fresh wake ups with full energy, not depressed, pee is same as you :) but fat gain hurts self esteem a little but I see this a process of healing. Pros/cons must be there. 2 years passed and I see myself very very healed to compare before.

Motif

Oh wow. I hope this will never happen to me.
Even rn I’m trying to gain 5 kg, but rather a bit „too“ skinny than gaining too much and no chance to lose it.

I see this in my friends a lot too. They were skinny, but 30 + some of them got flabby/fat and now they try to lose it with no success.

Crazy. I really hope you find something that works for you to lose weight

cihans

@Motif
1st page of this thread @Hans gives very valuable information and step by step guides to introduce carbs please check them. Maybe my fault is I introduce carbs and sugar too quickly too much at a time. I believe whenever I fix this insulin issue, losing weight will be next step and won’t be as hard as now. Hormones are the most important step in this regard.

cihans

hi guys/girls some update after 12 days 500mg/aspirin per every meal insulin and fasting glucose seems in check. But I never saw before my estradiol and TSH that high also free T3 very high (which is a good thing) despite high TSH no clue on this. for last 4-5 months I have sluggish digestion and some libido problems aswell and some trouble to maintain erection. If you have thoughts please share. While I was reading posts I find out this thread which is so interesting I dunno if Im the stereotype that @haidut explains his post.

This is the thread and haiduts post: Approaching Mid 40's And The Wheels Starting To Fall Off?
haiduts post: Approaching Mid 40's And The Wheels Starting To Fall Off?

and my lab results today: HbA1c : 5.30 Ref 4 - 5.9
fasting blood glucose 91 mg/dL Ref 70 - 100
5555555555555555555.jpg

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
hi guys/girls some update after 12 days 500mg/aspirin per every meal insulin and fasting glucose seems in check. But I never saw before my estradiol and TSH that high also free T3 very high (which is a good thing) despite high TSH no clue on this. for last 4-5 months I have sluggish digestion and some libido problems aswell and some trouble to maintain erection. If you have thoughts please share. While I was reading posts I find out this thread which is so interesting I dunno if Im the stereotype that @haidut explains his post.

This is the thread and haiduts post: Approaching Mid 40's And The Wheels Starting To Fall Off?
haiduts post: Approaching Mid 40's And The Wheels Starting To Fall Off?

and my lab results today: HbA1c : 5.30 Ref 4 - 5.9
fasting blood glucose 91 mg/dL Ref 70 - 100
View attachment 16701
Maybe your estrogen was really high and now it's coming down. Are you going to retest again in the future while still using the aspirin?

cihans

Maybe your estrogen was really high and now it's coming down. Are you going to retest again in the future while still using the aspirin?
Yes sure, every two weeks. I’ll update for the next blood draw. I like aspirin never gave me problems like bleeding and stomach issues thus far.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals