Dizzy/lightheaded/weak - not sure what I did wrong

OP
I

ilovethesea

@Shrimp and @Bryan - I've been on thyroid meds for 5 yrs so don't think it had to do with that since I didn't change anything there. I'm guessing it was the shock of all the coffee/fat/sugar all at once, none of which I ever consumed before in such large quantities. Also just thinking maybe the oranges I juiced were not ripe enough... maybe juicing them released toxins or something??

Anyway I've been having the same thing every morning since except the oj and feel fine. No gut issues from the gelatin... I have no idea if what hydrolized means and if that's the kind I have (Knox plain kind?) but I'm now making it 'bloom' nevertheless.

Also interesting point about starch. Pasta, bread, rice, crackers, potato chips... all of that has always been my dietary weakness. The past couple days I had protein, fat and sugar in small meals 2 hours apart but still felt ravenous without my usual carb loading. I had to cook up 3 potatoes finally to feel full. I don't know if that's just my body adjusting to the complete 180 in what I'm eating now... I'm not weight obsessed or anything but a little concerned this is going to pack on the pounds.

OP
I

ilovethesea

@JohnEels Yes I need to order some of that good kind of gelatin. I just got the Knox so I could get started with something even if it's not the best.

I agree I am probably hypothyroid even though my blood tests are supposedly normal. My diet wasn't low carb before though.

That's very interesting about the sugar. I don't think I have bad breath, at least I hope not!! So far I've just been doing honey (no white sugar), grapes and oranges for fruit, and whatever is in Haagen Daz. I dislike milk so have been eating hard cheese and a bit of ricotta... so not sure about the lactose. So do you think all of that is ok? I guess if I have to cut back on lactose I need to eat more meat instead for protein.

I've ordered the Progest-E so hopefully it'll make it into Canada.

Re: serotonin, that sounds about right. Like my body was defending itself against some kind of stress. The oranges would definitely be a noxious substance if they were unripe right? I also haven't had oj for years.

John Eels

Do you track your pulse? I do and notice the great variability. It's around 70. My goal is to raise it to a regular 80, first. Peat keeps his pulse around 90 (the inventor of the TSH says body temperature and pulse are more accurate measures of thyroid status).

In cottage cheese is some lactose; in the hard cheeses there is none. That's way lactose intolerant people can eat hard cheeses without supplementing the lactase enzyme. So cheeses are fine and a great source for protein and calcium to balance the phosphate. Meat is high in phosphate and low in calcium. That makes it a less than favorable food. Calcium keeps PTH in check. And meat contains too much tryptophan; this is another caveat. If do you eat meat supplement with eggshell calcium. That's the second best source of calcium according to RP.

I suggested that the kinds of sugars you eat cause the weird feelings and the hot flushes because the sugar causes a stress response when it feeds endotoxins. I think the riper the fruit the more sugar it contains. Ripeness per se wouldn't matter in terms of noxiousness. A fairly easy to absorb sugar is grape sugar (glucose). See how that goes to get an impression on what might be a cause for your symptoms.

Philomath

Dr. Peat has also mentioned that allergic reactions can take days to appear. Could you have eaten anything prior that may have caused that type of reaction... new meds, foods, supplements etc?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals