Insulin Raising Too High?

scoobydoo

So I’ve been following more peat dietary standards for the past couple months
My blood work was a bit shocking honestly
Specifically my blood sugar increased from 80 - 98 and my insulin went from 3 - 11.5
My brains still in the low carb mentality but this still seems pretty bad
Have you guys had similar experiences?

Are you eating a lot of refined carbs?

Specifically my blood sugar increased from 80 - 98 and my insulin went from 3 - 11.5
There are some threads with similar results.

Motif

Do you feel a difference from lower levels ?

OP
S

scoobydoo

Yes lower libido and worse sleep now
Which makes sense to me cause I would consider these levels signs of mild insulin resistance

no mostly fruit, potatoes and soemtimes rice
I see. So you're likely getting enough potassium with your carbs.

Are you using thiamine? It's really important for burning sugar properly. Niacinamide is also essential.

Are you supplementing magnesium in any form?

OP
S

scoobydoo

I see. So you're likely getting enough potassium with your carbs.

Are you using thiamine? It's really important for burning sugar properly. Niacinamide is also essential.

Are you supplementing magnesium in any form?
I haven’t been taking B1 no
But I have been taking magnesium glycinate 400mg and topics magnesium before bed

Hans

Forum Supporter
Going from low carb to high carb can be a bit of a shocker to the body and can take some time to adapt.
Are you counting calories just so that you know more or less how much you're consuming on a daily basis?
Fat gain is mostly driven by cortisol and fat releasing and oxidizing enzymes that's still elevated from low carbing. Upping the carb slowly could work, for instance upping total carbs by 50g every week or every second week.

A few things to think about:
Are you mindful when you eat, meaning, are you focusing on your food or are you doing other things as well while you eat, such as being on social media, etc?
Do you chew your food properly?
Do you experience digestive issues for the food?
Are you generally stressed during the day and when you eat?
How active are you during the day?
What is your sleep like at night and your energy during the day?

If everything above is in check, it might simply just be that fat releasing and fat oxidizing enzymes are still elevated so the glucose competes with elevated free fatty acids. Blocking lipolysis and boosting glucose oxidation can greatly help. For example, take 500mg aspirin with each meal combined with pyrucet. After a month or two, your body should have adapted to the high carb and downregulated lipolysis and beta-oxidation, thus fixing your insulin resistance.

Vinny

OP
S

scoobydoo

Going from low carb to high carb can be a bit of a shocker to the body and can take some time to adapt.
Are you counting calories just so that you know more or less how much you're consuming on a daily basis?
Fat gain is mostly driven by cortisol and fat releasing and oxidizing enzymes that's still elevated from low carbing. Upping the carb slowly could work, for instance upping total carbs by 50g every week or every second week.

A few things to think about:
Are you mindful when you eat, meaning, are you focusing on your food or are you doing other things as well while you eat, such as being on social media, etc?
Do you chew your food properly?
Do you experience digestive issues for the food?
Are you generally stressed during the day and when you eat?
How active are you during the day?
What is your sleep like at night and your energy during the day?

If everything above is in check, it might simply just be that fat releasing and fat oxidizing enzymes are still elevated so the glucose competes with elevated free fatty acids. Blocking lipolysis and boosting glucose oxidation can greatly help. For example, take 500mg aspirin with each meal combined with pyrucet. After a month or two, your body should have adapted to the high carb and downregulated lipolysis and beta-oxidation, thus fixing your insulin resistance.

appreciate the response
It’s still hard for my head to wrap around these ideas
I’ve always thought of lipolysis is really good (been an endurance athlete that was very lean and fat adapted and was told this was good)
My exercise as of now has been mostly light jogging and lots of walking
Putting on some muscle mass I’m sure would help

There was a thread called something like "a year of peating made me diabetic" but I can't find it now.

S-VV

Obviously it’s not working for you. I would stop before becoming prediabetic, dial it back, and re-evaluate my options.

There are many people that have ended up obese after trying a peaty diet.

Hans

Forum Supporter
appreciate the response
It’s still hard for my head to wrap around these ideas
I’ve always thought of lipolysis is really good (been an endurance athlete that was very lean and fat adapted and was told this was good)
My exercise as of now has been mostly light jogging and lots of walking
Putting on some muscle mass I’m sure would help
Lipolysis mobilizes fat for oxidation. When there is not enough glucose around lipolysis becomes upregulated. When a low carb diet is followed for a long time the lipolysis enzyme becomes chronically elevated as an adaption. This is all normal.
But free fatty acids competes with glucose for oxidation (or at least block the oxidation of glucose), that's why when glucose drops, fats go up. It's bad if they're elevated at the same time. So now you still probably have elevated lipolysis but is eating more carbs, so now you end up with high fat and high glucose. This leads to insulin resistance.
I hope this makes more sense.
That's why I said that you can slowly up carbs so that your body can adapt again to start burning glucose again. Sometimes your body needs an extra boost with supplements. Aspirin blocks lipolysis and lowers cortisol while vitamin B1, biotin, and pyrucet will boost glucose oxidation.

Building muscle will help but ultimately you want your body to be able to burn glucose without needed to exercise. This is completely possible. If you can become a fat burner, you can also become a glucose burner. This does not mean that you will gain fat. Research shows that fat oxidation isn't needed for fat loss, but what you need is a fast metabolism, which will burn both fat and glucose.

cihans

@Hans
Is it a good idea to start with aspirin only? Im in Europe for 4 months more and can not order pyrucet. what do you think? also too many supplements give me more trouble Im sensitive to many basic stuff too. Btw I take plain niacin with every meal 500mg big meals 300mg small meals, I dont know if it will help my insulin issie thoug.

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans
Is it a good idea to start with aspirin only? Im in Europe for 4 months more and can not order pyrucet. what do you think? also too many supplements give me more trouble Im sensitive to many basic stuff too. Btw I take plain niacin with every meal 500mg big meals 300mg small meals, I dont know if it will help my insulin issie thoug.
Niacin lowers lipolysis, but then causes an overshoot in a few hours. I've seen research that shows that niacin can actually contribute to insulin resistance. So if I were you, I'd drop that while using the aspirin, just to check things out.
And yes, aspirin on its own will also suffice.

cihans

Last blood draw insulin was 22.5 but other insulin resistance markers are in normal range. Doctors told me to cut sweet things and refined carbs kind of foods but I touch them very rare. I’ll write here my aspirin experiment after the bloodwork done. Thank you @Hans

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals