Tyromix

jpet1980

@haidut. Do you know of anyone having to use high dose tyro mix to get body temperature up? Im currently dosing 20 drops with no elevations in temps.
Been taking 3 drops every two hours.

OP
J

jpet1980

The last dosing at night is 2 drops before bed. I've noticed slight increases in libido. Ears and hands tend to get very cold during the day.

opethfeldt

@haidut. Do you know of anyone having to use high dose tyro mix to get body temperature up? Im currently dosing 20 drops with no elevations in temps.
Been taking 3 drops every two hours.
How are you taking it? Orally or topically? I'd try the other method if you haven't. 20 drops should definitely have you feeling something, unless your reverse T3 somehow got sky high.

OP
J

jpet1980

I’ve done both. I’ve never had much success with thyroid supplements. Hands and ears are always cold. Diet and lifestyle are 90 percent solid. I am a bigger guy at 235 pounds. Any ideas? Maybe just try t3 again?

opethfeldt

I’ve done both. I’ve never had much success with thyroid supplements. Hands and ears are always cold. Diet and lifestyle are 90 percent solid. I am a bigger guy at 235 pounds. Any ideas? Maybe just try t3 again?
Did you slowly titrate up or did you raise the dose quickly? Just asking because it might have been too much. Thyroid seems tricky to dose for many people. I had issues with thyroid until I lowered my serotonin.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Have you tried Buteyko?

lampofred

I think Buteyko, holding breath after exhale, increases lipid peroxidation. The extended low oxygen level triggers iron release which causes a dangerous type of oxidative damage involving fat oxidation. It can give you energy but it's a lot like eating PUFA and taking iron supplements. I think its main benefit is that it can decrease lactic acid. I know they say that it's actually supposed to increase cellular oxygenation but in my own experience after joining a course and quitting halfway I would have to disagree.

Holding inhaled breath on the other hand should be a lot like thyroid because it raises CO2 without lowering oxygen.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think Buteyko, holding breath after exhale, increases lipid peroxidation. The extended low oxygen level triggers iron release which causes a dangerous type of oxidative damage involving fat oxidation. It can give you energy but it's a lot like eating PUFA and taking iron supplements. I think its main benefit is that it can decrease lactic acid. I know they say that it's actually supposed to increase cellular oxygenation but in my own experience after joining a course and quitting halfway I would have to disagree.

Holding inhaled breath on the other hand should be a lot like thyroid because it raises CO2 without lowering oxygen.
Interesting. I wonder what @ecstatichamster thinks of this.

OP
J

jpet1980

I did go up fast. Every couple days. Maybe should go up after two weeks. I’m just frustrated. Feel like I’m sitting in ice bath haha. I also have trouble getting in calcium do to sensitivities to dairy, eggshells, and supplemental calcium.

I’ve tried Buteyko but not consistently.

Scott Andrew

Interesting. I wonder what @ecstatichamster thinks of this.
I actually agree with that too, I was operating under the impression for a while that Buteyko was holding inhaled breath. Now that I know what Buteyko actually is it doesn't make sense to me. Holding inhaled breath is basically functionally similar to bag breathing. If I do it I get a pretty instant mood boost and temperature increase in the extremities

Scott Andrew

I'd say try just t3, that much tyromix is probably giving you way too much t4

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Scott Andrew

I think this doesn't sound right at all.

You hold exhalation because you build up CO2 and retrain your respiratory "capnostat" to get used to higher CO2 levels. That doesn't work when you inhale and hold because you have all that oxygen.

Do you agree that retaining inhaled air is functionally more similar to bag breathing? It's forcing CO2 that would otherwise be exhaled to recirculate further, as well as forcing more complete consumption of oxygen that would otherwise be exhaled.

Do you agree that retaining inhaled air is functionally more similar to bag breathing? It's forcing CO2 that would otherwise be exhaled to recirculate further, as well as forcing more complete consumption of oxygen that would otherwise be exhaled.

if you are holding recirculated carbon dioxide rich air...but not fresh air. I think bag breathing is helpful but not as helpful as Buteyko exercises.

My thinking is that as you retain inhaled air it becomes more and more carbon dioxide rich

Your thinking is incorrect.

You build up CO2 by exhaling and holding. Inhaling and holding doesn’t build put CO2 much and doesn’t retrain the respiratory center.

lampofred

Your thinking is incorrect.

You build up CO2 by exhaling and holding. Inhaling and holding doesn’t build put CO2 much and doesn’t retrain the respiratory center.

CO2 builds up at the same rate whether inhaling and holding or exhaling and holding. Why would exhaling and holding cause more CO2 buildup than inhaling and holding? The difference is that exhaling and holding is training you to adapt to low oxygen levels whereas inhaling and holding is not.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals