Tyromix

CO2 builds up at the same rate whether inhaling and holding or exhaling and holding. Why would exhaling and holding cause more CO2 buildup than inhaling and holding? The difference is that exhaling and holding is training you to adapt to low oxygen levels whereas inhaling and holding is not.

Inhaling and holding uses the inhaled oxygen and you want to displace oxygen with CO2.

It doesn’t work well at all. In fact it can cause health problems to inhale and hold your breath if you are already having health issues.

lampofred

Inhaling and holding uses the inhaled oxygen and you want to displace oxygen with CO2.

It doesn’t work well at all. In fact it can cause health problems to inhale and hold your breath if you are already having health issues.

The fundamental problem in most metabolic issues like cancer is that oxygen + carbs are converting to lactic acid instead of CO2. I think exhaling and holding reduces lactic acid and that's why it can be so helpful but it's not doing it by healing metabolism and increasing conversion of oxygen + carbs to CO2, it's reducing the amount of oxygen available and increasing lipid peroxidation instead of glucose oxidation. Iron supplementation does the same thing and can work to increase energy and testosterone in the short-run, but RP doesn't recommend iron at all.

I guess I agree that inhaling and holding can be bad if you already have too much oxygen (because it's not being properly used due to low thyroid), as most people with metabolic issues do, but overall will agree to disagree.

I think you are a coach and have experience with many people whereas I am just theorizing for the most part, except for doing a course for a short while, so maybe this theory that prolonged exhalation can cause lipid peroxidation and unhealthy fat loss isn't what you see happening in the real world.

Last edited:
The fundamental problem in most metabolic issues like cancer is that oxygen + carbs are converting to lactic acid instead of CO2. I think exhaling and holding reduces lactic acid and that's why it can be so helpful but it's not doing it by healing metabolism and increasing conversion of oxygen + carbs to CO2, it's reducing the amount of oxygen available and increasing lipid peroxidation instead of glucose oxidation. Iron supplementation does the same thing and can work to increase energy and testosterone in the short-run, but RP doesn't recommend iron at all.

I guess I agree that inhaling and holding can be bad if you already have too much oxygen (because it's not being properly used due to low thyroid), as most people with metabolic issues do, but overall will agree to disagree.

I think you are a coach and have experience with many people whereas I am just theorizing for the most part, except for doing a course for a short while, so maybe this theory that prolonged exhalation can cause lipid peroxidation and unhealthy fat loss isn't what you see happening in the real world.

I don't know how I would know someone's lipids were peroxidizing. I do have experience with this system working very well for many people.