Very tired and flat after 2 drops of Tyromix at night , for like 3 days after - Wut?

Locutus

I recently started experimenting with Tyromix

Each drop contains 6 mcg T4 and 3 mcg T3 <- is this a lot?

I started taking one drop at night, before bed, for a week and then the next week went up to 2 drops a night. (via skin - inner elbow)
I am most interested in its potential to help me sleep... BAD insomnia.

During the 2 drop week I noticed that I was tired all day and someone commented that I looked pale...
This kind of tired is hard to explain. It was coupled with improved sleep so its arguably better than a no sleep tired but wired feeling.
It doesn't feel like hyperthyroid unless that feels like pronounced fatigue...

I didn't know why the fatigue, so I reduced all my supps to bare minimum dosages, meaning 1 drop of Tyromix...

I felt 80% better after a week and then I tried 2 drops again, and BANG - I really think its the second drop of Tyromix...

What is going on? This sort of hangover lingers for like 3 days!

Strategy - I'm going to do it every other day now since I can't reduce the dose...

Anyone know what is happening here? Anyone relate?
Am I having some kind of compensatory reaction? Is this a stress response?
Is the strategy promising?

Tenacity

Hi, I've experienced the exact same thing. One drop of Tyromix was fine, improved temperature, pulse and exercise tolerance. Two led to more of the same for a little bit, but then three days of fatigue until I backed off the dose. I can't be 100% sure it's the Tyromix since I haven't increased the dose since, but I haven't felt anything like it before trying Tyromix.

I can only speculate that maybe it's too much T4 turning into RT3 and moving me closer to hypothyroidism than euthyroidism, but I have no evidence to suggest that is true.

I'm sticking with one drop for now. I'm looking into how to integrate some pure T3 to see if that makes a difference.

OP
Locutus

Locutus

Hi, I've experienced the exact same thing. One drop of Tyromix was fine, improved temperature, pulse and exercise tolerance. Two led to more of the same for a little bit, but then three days of fatigue until I backed off the dose. I can't be 100% sure it's the Tyromix since I haven't increased the dose since, but I haven't felt anything like it before trying Tyromix.

I can only speculate that maybe it's too much T4 turning into RT3 and moving me closer to hypothyroidism than euthyroidism, but I have no evidence to suggest that is true.

I'm sticking with one drop for now. I'm looking into how to integrate some pure T3 to see if that makes a difference.
Half life of T4 -this might be meaningful - maybe I should stop for a week and then do every other day. hmmmmm

found this on the interwebs:

somewhere between 4-6 hours after taking T3, only about 50% of the original dose of the drug will be left in the body
when a dose of T3 is taken, the full effect of thatT3 will really only last about 4-6 hours, before it basically starts wearing off.
a single dose of T3 will last about 24 hours in the body more or less

The half life of T4 is very different than the half life of T3. It is much longer – usually about 7-10 days in people.
What this means is that the effects of T4 just aren’t felt very much one way or the other until about 7-10 days have passed. In other words, if suddenly something came along and wiped out all your T4 for example, and your thyroid gland wasn’t making more to make up for this, the soonest most people will really start to feel the effects of this is about 7-10 days.
The opposite is true as well when it comes to T4. If a severely hypothyroid person starts taking T4 medication, it’s generally about 3-6 weeks before they start feeling better. This is also because of this long half life of T4. It takes as long to “build up and accumulate” to a steady state level as it does to dissipate.
With T4, it was more difficult to control the correct dosage sometimes, because the consequences of changing the medication dose weren’t fully felt until weeks later

Vileplume

I recently started experimenting with Tyromix

Each drop contains 6 mcg T4 and 3 mcg T3 <- is this a lot?

I started taking one drop at night, before bed, for a week and then the next week went up to 2 drops a night. (via skin - inner elbow)
I am most interested in its potential to help me sleep... BAD insomnia.

During the 2 drop week I noticed that I was tired all day and someone commented that I looked pale...
This kind of tired is hard to explain. It was coupled with improved sleep so its arguably better than a no sleep tired but wired feeling.
It doesn't feel like hyperthyroid unless that feels like pronounced fatigue...

I didn't know why the fatigue, so I reduced all my supps to bare minimum dosages, meaning 1 drop of Tyromix...

I felt 80% better after a week and then I tried 2 drops again, and BANG - I really think its the second drop of Tyromix...

What is going on? This sort of hangover lingers for like 3 days!

Strategy - I'm going to do it every other day now since I can't reduce the dose...

Anyone know what is happening here? Anyone relate?
Am I having some kind of compensatory reaction? Is this a stress response?
Is the strategy promising?
That’s interesting, especially that you had deeper sleep in addition to feeling tired. Do you know if your temperature or pulse changed?

Two drops isn’t that much — just like a quarter of a grain or so.

You might have depleted a certain nutrient or mineral through increased metabolism. Have you been eating enough sugar or carbs to support the increased metabolism?It could also be low blood sugar perhaps.

I also think higher T3 ratio, like Tenacity said could be worth a shot too.

OP
Locutus

Locutus

More from interwebs: RT3

One important factor which should alert a therapist to the possibility of their patient having a high reverse T3 problem is that they are not responding as well as they should to 'normal hypothyroidism treatment'. This is termed 'thyroid resistance', and a high reverse T3 level is a common cause of such resistance

Patients may have been put onto some sort of synthetic T4 supplementation (e.g. Oroxine, Thyroxine, Synthroid, Levoxyl, etc.), and despite their blood tests looking relatively 'normal', nevertheless, that person just isn't picking up. In fact, they may even be feeling worse on the treatment.

selenium, known to help bring down elevated rT3 levels. <- I've been taking selenium

Last edited:
OP
Locutus

Locutus

That’s interesting, especially that you had deeper sleep in addition to feeling tired. Do you know if your temperature or pulse changed?

Two drops isn’t that much — just like a quarter of a grain or so.

You might have depleted a certain nutrient or mineral through increased metabolism. Have you been eating enough sugar or carbs to support the increased metabolism?It could also be low blood sugar perhaps.

I also think higher T3 ratio, like Tenacity said could be worth a shot too.
I eat plenty of carbs and sugar.

my numbers today after work:

bp 116/77 pulse 76 temp 97.4

^ I haven't been vigilant about tracking these but I will do it now!

GenericName86

When I used Tyromix I felt great initially but then felt I went too far into hypo, I've since been using just tyronene and have been doing much better.

dand

I think you're just feeling what life is like without stress metabolism. Give it time and take your time. You'll slowly develop a robust metabolism.