Tudca / Udca In Europe?

Motif

Any brand recommendations?

Really want to give it a try. Also would like to know what dose I should take daily?

Same for NAC.

Let's see if my histamine issues improve with a better working liver.

Oh and another question. Udca is not stronger that Tudca , right ? I was reading this but I thought the only difference is the taurine in Tudca

ddjd

Any brand recommendations?

Really want to give it a try. Also would like to know what dose I should take daily?

Same for NAC.

Let's see if my histamine issues improve with a better working liver.

Oh and another question. Udca is not stronger that Tudca , right ? I was reading this but I thought the only difference is the taurine in Tudca
did you find a product in europe?

mangoes

TUDCA – Liver Support Supplement | Buy UK

I tried it from this site. Has anyone else had experience w it? Apparently tudca is meant to have a nail polishy type smell/taste... this one doesn’t so idk if that means it works or not. I didn’t really notice much from taking it but my liver values are good lol

Vinny

TUDCA – Liver Support Supplement | Buy UK

I tried it from this site. Has anyone else had experience w it? Apparently tudca is meant to have a nail polishy type smell/taste... this one doesn’t so idk if that means it works or not. I didn’t really notice much from taking it but my liver values are good lol
I ordered once, From China. It,s the bitterest thing on earth. I think it,s good.

Goat-e

Bile can be conjugated or unconjugated; conjugated bile is actually one of the main things which can feed very bad bacteria (c diff being one). Certain gut microbes unconjugate bile and the resulting unconjugated bile is very useful for killing bad bacteria, and stopping it germinate in the first place. Once the unconjugated bile is reabsorbed then it can be conjugated again and reused.

This is why I cringe when people say UDCA and TUDCA do the same thing, they don't if you don't have enough species capable of unconjugating bile. For anyone with a history of dysbiosis I would be VERY careful about supplementing TUDCA as some of it may reach the colon without being unconjugated. UDCA could potentially be safe but is unfortunately much harder to get hold of.

Both UDCA and TUDCA have diarrhea as frequently reported side effect, but I think for different reasons, TUDCA can essentially feed bad bacteria causing diarrhea, UDCA can kill of some particularly pathogenic bacteria which in the short term has the same result but presumably in the longer run may be beneficial.

Broken man

Bile can be conjugated or unconjugated; conjugated bile is actually one of the main things which can feed very bad bacteria (c diff being one). Certain gut microbes unconjugate bile and the resulting unconjugated bile is very useful for killing bad bacteria, and stopping it germinate in the first place. Once the unconjugated bile is reabsorbed then it can be conjugated again and reused.

This is why I cringe when people say UDCA and TUDCA do the same thing, they don't if you don't have enough species capable of unconjugating bile. For anyone with a history of dysbiosis I would be VERY careful about supplementing TUDCA as some of it may reach the colon without being unconjugated. UDCA could potentially be safe but is unfortunately much harder to get hold of.

Both UDCA and TUDCA have diarrhea as frequently reported side effect, but I think for different reasons, TUDCA can essentially feed bad bacteria causing diarrhea, UDCA can kill of some particularly pathogenic bacteria which in the short term has the same result but presumably in the longer run may be beneficial.
TUDCA was shiwn helpful for ibs....

Goat-e

TUDCA was shiwn helpful for ibs....

I wasn't saying it was good or bad, I was simply pointing out that there is more complexity involved than is usually stated.

Of course TUDCA could be useful for someone with low bile and a decent amount of gut microbes capable of unconjugating them. But for another person with normal bile and low gut microbes capable of unconjugation it could be quite dangerous.

As ever, the individual's context needs to be taken into consideration.

Broken man

I wasn't saying it was good or bad, I was simply pointing out that there is more complexity involved than is usually stated.

Of course TUDCA could be useful for someone with low bile and a decent amount of gut microbes capable of unconjugating them. But for another person with normal bile and low gut microbes capable of unconjugation it could be quite dangerous.

As ever, the individual's context needs to be taken into consideration.
Search, TUDCA improve gut microbiora.....

TabulaRasa

Damn you just blew my mind. This explains a lot. I just got a Rx for UDCA after supplementing with TUDCA and ox bile the past couple years and having so-so (sometimes negative) results

TabulaRasa

The thing I don’t understand is… doesn’t TUDCA already do a step for you (conjugate with taurine) and this your body does not need to do this itself?

I don’t know if this is helpful in all circumstances. It was interesting to read that you said some of us may not have the microbes to de-conjugate the TUDCA (remove the taurine). I don’t understand at what point that is necessary.

My aunt is using UDCA (800 mg/day) plus taurine (250 mg/day) and vitamin C to treat gallstones, I will do a thread in the future.
@Goat-e interesting, so as TUDCA cant be conjugated my aunt approach taking taurine and UDCA is better than taking TUDCA right? Taurine as well as glycine is essencial for bile acids.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals