Tips On Snoring

ReSTART

Why would you have "dangerously low carbon dioxide levels" in the first place (without CPAP use)?

LuMonty

by raising dangerously low carbon dioxide levels during sleep. Subverting this by using a machine probably shortens life span.
I did a quick search before I made this post to be as fair to you as possible. You've tried B1 and benfotiamine but not Diamox. On the other hand, you're versed in Buteyko and as I understand, currently using T3. Assuming you're correct about B1 vs Diamox (I found some posts where you express safety concerns), how do you reconcile your statement? I'm going to be upfront and say I've doubted Peat's theory of "lack of CO2=apnea," as I am not familiar with any case being resolved with his methods.

Also, if your oxygen exchange rate is bad and you're right, it'd better to go for anti-serotonin, anti-endotoxin, or try B2 if you haven't. I'm very familiar with low CO2 so I know it can happen. When I used the capnograph at the allergists office, it took me several times to even register and my CO2 was dangerously low. That said, it's normal now and I still wake up (without breathing difficulty) and so I don't 100% doubt your line of thinking, it does seem highly unlikely. Especially because you'd have a lot of day-to-day troubles with chronically, critically low CO2.

OP
ecstatichamster
people hyperventilate when they sleep. Starting in a not-so-good place.

Day to day problems with low CO2 are all the chronic diseases that we think of as normal, such as blood sugar issues, hypertension etc.

The machines force you to hyperventilate.

I have several studies I have posted showing that moderate apnea is protective. There is at least one study casting severe doubt on CPAP machines but they are few and far between because of the medical corporate medicine establishment. CPAP is a religion.

The brain forces us to stop breathing because CO2 is so dangerously low from hyperventilation. This is also what causes asthma during waking hours. Increasing CO2 levels gets rid of asthma completely.

I've experimented with high doses of thiamine as a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor and it works for making it easier to adapt to high elevations but I haven't experimented with it in regard to snoring.

ReSTART

If your only sleep breathing problem is central apneas because of hyperventilation causing hypocapnia, theoretically you could just use EERS... but most people also have obstructive apneas or upper airway resistance which EERS won't do anything for.

Your concern about hyperventilation is valid. Many people hyperventilate on CPAP, which causes hypocapnia and thus central apneas but that is treatable by using EERS Enhanced Expiratory Rebreathing Space (EERS) - Apnea Board Wiki

You could use EERS to significantly increase CO2 levels past what is required for treatment of central apneas if you wanted to.

Disclaimer: Not medical advice.

Edit: When I say you, I'm referring to people in general, not you specifically. Sorry for any confusion.

InChristAlone

Thats not taking in to account obstructive
If your only sleep breathing problem is central apneas because of hyperventilation causing hypocapnia, theoretically you could just use EERS... but most people also have obstructive apneas or upper airway resistance which EERS won't do anything for.

Your concern about hyperventilation is valid. Many people hyperventilate on CPAP, which causes hypocapnia and thus central apneas but that is treatable by using EERS Enhanced Expiratory Rebreathing Space (EERS) - Apnea Board Wiki

You could use EERS to significantly increase CO2 levels past what is required for treatment of central apneas if you wanted to.

Disclaimer: Not medical advice.

Edit: When I say you, I'm referring to people in general, not you specifically. Sorry for any confusion.
Thanks for this, my husband is having good results using CPAP but in case this were ever to come about we'd know what to do. He has obstructive or airway resistance not central apnea as is being discussed in regards to CO2.

ReSTART

You all keep equating snoring to apnea. I do not have apnea. I am 100% positive.

Apnea is PROTECTIVE anyway unless it is severe. CPAP machines are dangerous and I would never use one even if I did have apnea.

I snore. I like Boris’s ideas and will try to implement. When I fall asleep I’m relaxing muscles that cause the noise. It reduces breathing and that has a benefit too, and it may be a part of it, probably is.

On-topic, to reduce snoring without CPAP, there a few things you can try.
1. Positional therapy
Force sleeping on side or stomach
2. Exercise airway and tongue
In one study, playing the didgeridoo reduced apneas and snoring in people with mild/moderate sleep apnea.
Exercises like these might help

Mewing/orthotropics might help Orthotropics
3. 100% clear nose
4. Tape mouth
5. Nasal dilator if you have nasal valve collapse

Not medical advice.

Aymen

by raising dangerously low carbon dioxide levels during sleep. Subverting this by using a machine probably shortens life span.
good to hear that, if you search some keywords about sleep apnea in google or medical websites you will find that it's overlooked there and it's a life-threatening and you should use a machine to survive, i think they got these ideas by thinking CO2 is bad, the only bad thing about sleep apnea is if it happens constantly so that will reduce the quality of sleep.

InChristAlone

Yeah the one he has connects to the wifi so we can download the info, just haven't analyzed it yet. It tells us how many episodes he has every morning. It's way down now. Airway resistance definitely will make you feel fatigued no matter how much sleep you get.

Aymen

On-topic, to reduce snoring without CPAP, there a few things you can try.
1. Positional therapy
Force sleeping on side or stomach
2. Exercise airway and tongue
In one study, playing the didgeridoo reduced apneas and snoring in people with mild/moderate sleep apnea.
Exercises like these might help

Mewing/orthotropics might help Orthotropics
3. 100% clear nose
4. Tape mouth
5. Nasal dilator if you have nasal valve collapse

Not medical advice.

Anyway, these exercise will not help (you can try them if you want), i had sleep apnea for years and doing the exercise and breathing through the nose and sleeping in the right side didn't work for me, and what really fixed it is bag breathing, it's a good way to increase CO2 which will make your body use oxygen more efficiently.

Vinny

Anyway, these exercise will not help (you can try them if you want), i had sleep apnea for years and doing the exercise and breathing through the nose and sleeping in the right side didn't work for me, and what really fixed it is bag breathing, it's a good way to increase CO2 which will make your body use oxygen more efficiently.
Did bag breathing completely resolve your sleep apnea? If yes, for how long and often you do it? Thanks

Aymen

Did bag breathing completely resolve your sleep apnea? If yes, for how long and often you do it? Thanks
yes, i don't get it anymore, when i started bag breathing i got sleep apnea once every 2-3 months then by time it disappeared, you do it 3-4 times a day until it feels uncomfortable.

LLight

I know you won't do it but even:
Dry fasting to heal illness : Dryfasting

I am asthmatic and and trouble with phelgm and inflammation of the airways (they "thicken" and constrain themselves). Whenever I dry fast the entirey of my airways open and it is easier to speak, breathe, and my snoring dissappears. I measure the snoring with a nokia device that I slide under the matress.​

Aymen

I know you won't do it but even:
Dry fasting to heal illness : Dryfasting

I am asthmatic and and trouble with phelgm and inflammation of the airways (they "thicken" and constrain themselves). Whenever I dry fast the entirey of my airways open and it is easier to speak, breathe, and my snoring dissappears. I measure the snoring with a nokia device that I slide under the matress.​
i fast ramadan once a year and it's 29-30 days and i got sleep apnea many times during it even when i was combining it with the right exercise in the video above so the only thing that fixed it for me is bag breathing and maybe diet played a role in increasing my CO2.

Vinny

yes, i don't get it anymore, when i started bag breathing i got sleep apnea once every 2-3 months then by time it disappeared, you do it 3-4 times a day until it feels uncomfortable.
Amazing. Glag it worked for you so well. Will definitely try it.

Kray

I tried the nasal strip last night and my wife didn't notice any snoring from me. This is the first time in a while.

Will continue the experiment. Whether the snoring comes back or not, I imagine it's a useful tool to help improve sleep at some level.

Would you please update on the success of using the nasal strips? Ever tried going without to see if you snore less often now? I'm getting pretty desperate for some relief from sleepless nights! Is it ok for you to provide the brand that worked for you?

Thanks-

Beastmode

Would you please update on the success of using the nasal strips? Ever tried going without to see if you snore less often now? I'm getting pretty desperate for some relief from sleepless nights! Is it ok for you to provide the brand that worked for you?

Thanks-

They seemed to work well when using them, but my wife says I'm still off and on when not wearing them.

Lately I've been sleeping quite well, yet my wife says I've been snoring more lately.

I've been really sticking to getting the basic Peat stuff (calcium to phosphorus ratio no less than 1.3-1, vitamin d, 100+ grams of protein, etc) to see if I give it enough time maybe some of these "symptoms" of weaker metabolic system will go away by default of getting healthier.

I'll definitely use the nose strips again when I think of it before bed.

Kray

They seemed to work well when using them, but my wife says I'm still off and on when not wearing them.

Lately I've been sleeping quite well, yet my wife says I've been snoring more lately.

I've been really sticking to getting the basic Peat stuff (calcium to phosphorus ratio no less than 1.3-1, vitamin d, 100+ grams of protein, etc) to see if I give it enough time maybe some of these "symptoms" of weaker metabolic system will go away by default of getting healthier.

I'll definitely use the nose strips again when I think of it before bed.

Thanks for the update! Encouraging to hear they work (when you use them- ha!). I've ordered a supply and we'll see how it goes for my husband (and for me!) As an aside, how do you reasonably incorporate 100+g protein on a typical work day? Can you give a sample daily menu? Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals