Tips On Snoring

I am not mouth breathing but I snore quite loudly.

I am sleeping on my side.

I have found an app called Snore Lab that monitors snoring and some of it is quite alarming. I snore really loud.

Snore Lab lets you identify cause-and-effect but so far I am at a loss.

My wife sleeps in the other room. Do you have anything that has helped? I don't want a mouthpiece...

ken

I was a champion snorer. Finally started taping mouth alla western Buteyko. Over time the snoring greatly diminished.

boris

„Mewing“ aka training the tongue to rest on the roof of the mouth stopped my snoring.

Took me some months of training to rest the full length of the tongue. The back part is the most important.

lampofred

This is a guess but high TSH might play a role.

Nicole W.

This is kind of left field, but I noticed that when I consume anything fortified (usually its accidentally, as when I eat in a restaurant) I always snore. When I stick to unfortified breads and pastas I have no problem. I’ve tested it now several times and I’m pretty sure its the fortified bread or pasta that I’ve eaten outside my home. Maybe it would be worthwhile to experiment? You never know....

Vinny

I have found an app called Snore Lab that monitors snoring and some of it is quite alarming. I snore really loud.

My wife sleeps in the other room. Do you have anything that has helped? I don't want a mouthpiece...
I`ve started snoring a lot this year, since becoming obese. Not sure is there connection, because thin people also snore sometimes, but before gaining weight I rarely had this issue.
I`m using a cheap mouthpiece, which doesn`t solve the root of the problem of course, which I`ve not figured out yet, but it helps a lot.

A.R

Imho I think you should stop wasting time looking for tips and tricks, and just visit your doctor and request a sleep apnea test. Once you do the test, you can take things forwards from there.

If your wife has to sleep in the other room, most likely you have obstructive sleep apnea, which is a dangerous condition where you are chocking for breath multiple times in your sleep.

The exemestane you have ordered will just make your snoring worse- which has been my personal experience.

A.R

Imho I think you should stop wasting time looking for tips and tricks, and just visit your doctor and request a sleep apnea test. Once you do the test, you can take things forwards from there.

If your wife has to sleep in the other room, most likely you have obstructive sleep apnea, which is a dangerous condition where you are chocking for breath multiple times in your sleep.

The exemestane you have ordered will just make your snoring worse- which has been my personal experience.

It could be retruded jaws closing your airway while sleeping. The AGGA (anterior growth guidance appliance) or MSE (Maxillary Skeletal expander) would be good options for expansion and forward growth of jaws. I’m currently in the agga and my sleep apnea is now nonexistent

OP
ecstatichamster
i do not have sleep apnea. Thanks for the ideas.

By the way, sleep apnea is not a dangerous condition unless it is severe. It is actually a corrective way the body deals with building up CO2 during sleep and treating it is actually a bad idea.

But I don't have it. I just snore.

OP
ecstatichamster
I was a champion snorer. Finally started taping mouth alla western Buteyko. Over time the snoring greatly diminished.

yeah I taped also but I don't tape anymore but I don't breathe through my mouth. It is quite easy to snore while nose breathing. As I demonstrate

OP
ecstatichamster
„Mewing“ aka training the tongue to rest on the roof of the mouth stopped my snoring.

Took me some months of training to rest the full length of the tongue. The back part is the most important.

how did you learn this @boris ?

OP
ecstatichamster

that's interesting. I'm taking 3mg a day. Maybe I'll see about cutting it back. But I had this problem before.

I agree. Mewing is very important. If your jaw is back due to the maxilla not being forward enough, then the jaw recede and it may get in the way of breathing.

It could be retruded jaws closing your airway while sleeping. The AGGA (anterior growth guidance appliance) or MSE (Maxillary Skeletal expander) would be good options for expansion and forward growth of jaws. I’m currently in the agga and my sleep apnea is now nonexistent
Cool. How much did you pay for the appliance you're using now?

Take 0.5-2.0mg of methylene blue before bed. I was considering looking into a CPAP before I realized my breathing became effortless if I took a drop or 4 with my last meal of the day.

Thanks.

That's pretty expensive. Glad you're already benefiting from it.
It is, but worth it for me. You can see the difference from it in these photos, they are a little over 4 months apart

Attachments

• 0982F1FC-1C17-4B00-B2C8-FA7AFF34548D.jpeg
    0982F1FC-1C17-4B00-B2C8-FA7AFF34548D.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 307
  • CAE9EA05-A2C0-4100-AC85-7C5BF500F67B.jpeg
    CAE9EA05-A2C0-4100-AC85-7C5BF500F67B.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 301
It is, but worth it for me. You can see the difference from it in these photos, they are a little over 4 months apart
Yeah, I see it. And in so little time too. Very good! How long do you plan on using it?

Take 0.5-2.0mg of methylene blue before bed. I was considering looking into a CPAP before I realized my breathing became effortless if I took a drop or 4 with my last meal of the day.
I noticed better breathing when I increased my thiamine intake to around 100 mg. If I went higher, I would get even better breathing, and I didn't need to breathe as often, but it would result in insomnia. Have you ever tried high doses thiamine? If so, how does it compare to that dose of methylene blue?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals