Tips On Snoring

Yeah, I see it. And in so little time too. Very good! How long do you plan on using it?
My dentist said it’s coming off pretty soon, maybe another month or 2! I have grown big gaps in my teeth that need to be closed with braces once the appliance comes off

Never noticed much from thiamine hydrochloride other than tiredness, but 400mg is the maximum I've used. I recall an old thread where a commenter would unblock his nose with 1500mg of thiamine plus two other supplements (aspirin and an antihistamine?) I've experienced something similar, like a cold flavoured sensation accompanied by unparalleled freeflow of oxygen through both nasal passages, which at first I attributed to swishing with xylitol after meals, but now am considering to have possibly been caused by benfotiamine.

The ease with which methylene blue allows me to breathe and fall asleep cannot be compared with benfotiamine. That stuff is a stimulant. With MB I never awaken gasping for air and am more refreshed the next day. I have large and growing lats, delts, triceps, and neck, so it's possible that those were worsening sleep quality over the years.

I noticed better breathing when I increased my thiamine intake to around 100 mg. If I went higher, I would get even better breathing, and I didn't need to breathe as often, but it would result in insomnia. Have you ever tried high doses thiamine? If so, how does it compare to that dose of methylene blue?

I breathe great. I just snore. There is a device Smart Nora I might try.
Smart Nora Reviews

"Snoring is due to turbulent flow of air through the upper airway, and can arise from transient obstruction at several levels.1, 2, 3 This multi-segmental obstruction occurs in different regions of the pharynx in varying proportions in different individuals. In some patients it is predominantly palatal and nasopharyngeal, whereas in others it may be retroglossal or hypopharyngeal.

Obstruction occurs because of a failure of the upper airway dilator muscles to stabilize the airway during sleep. Their innervation is complex and subject to reflex control. The trauma to the upper airway tissues during snoring and sleep apnoeas damages either muscle fibres or peripheral nerve fibres and this impairs the stabilizing action of the muscles and increases the tendency of the airway to obstruct. The obstruction is compounded by oedema due to the vibration injury during snoring, and these factors, quite independently of the ageing process and obesity, may account for the progression of snoring into sleep apnoeas in some individuals (Treatment options for snoring and sleep apnoea)."

You see Mr. Hamster, if snoring is caused by airway obstruction, one is unable to "breathe great" and "just snore" simultaneously.

boris

how did you learn this @boris ?

I did lots of things wrong in the beginning, probably why it took me relatively long. I don’t know if it changed, but back when I started Dr. Mew didn‘t really share extensive „how to“s as he wanted people to come to his practice.

Recently I came across this video which I find explains what you actually have to do the best!

I am able to effortlesly rest the full length of the tongue on the roof of the mouth now and it even stays there over night when I sleep.

OP
ecstatichamster
"Snoring is due to turbulent flow of air through the upper airway, and can arise from transient obstruction at several levels.1, 2, 3 This multi-segmental obstruction occurs in different regions of the pharynx in varying proportions in different individuals. In some patients it is predominantly palatal and nasopharyngeal, whereas in others it may be retroglossal or hypopharyngeal.

Obstruction occurs because of a failure of the upper airway dilator muscles to stabilize the airway during sleep. Their innervation is complex and subject to reflex control. The trauma to the upper airway tissues during snoring and sleep apnoeas damages either muscle fibres or peripheral nerve fibres and this impairs the stabilizing action of the muscles and increases the tendency of the airway to obstruct. The obstruction is compounded by oedema due to the vibration injury during snoring, and these factors, quite independently of the ageing process and obesity, may account for the progression of snoring into sleep apnoeas in some individuals (Treatment options for snoring and sleep apnoea)."

You see Mr. Hamster, if snoring is caused by airway obstruction, one is unable to "breathe great" and "just snore" simultaneously.

This is completely untrue.

There is a lot of B.S. equating snoring with sleep apnea.

Sleep apnea is periodic breathing cessation that the body engages in to build up CO2.

Snoring may involve that but it does not have to.

Also as I said, sleep apnea is protective unless it is severe. I’m not sure the role of snoring.

TheSir

i do not have sleep apnea. Thanks for the ideas.

By the way, sleep apnea is not a dangerous condition unless it is severe. It is actually a corrective way the body deals with building up CO2 during sleep and treating it is actually a bad idea.

But I don't have it. I just snore.
This sounds like nonsense. The body has specific nerves that regulate breathing according to your metabolic needs. Sleep apnea is a structural problem, not an intended, innate mechanism of the body.

OP
ecstatichamster
Poor reading comprehension demonstrated. The article states, "these factors, quite independently of the ageing process and obesity, may account for the progression of snoring into sleep apnoeas in some individuals."

thank you but no personal attacks please.

boris

Oops, sorry @ecstatichamster I posted the wrong video.

This right here is the right one. It has illustrations too that explain what is supposed to be going on inside the mouth:

A.R

i do not have sleep apnea. Thanks for the ideas.

By the way, sleep apnea is not a dangerous condition unless it is severe. It is actually a corrective way the body deals with building up CO2 during sleep and treating it is actually a bad idea.

But I don't have it. I just snore.
Have you ever taken a sleep apnea test before? There's no harm in having one done imo. Atleast it will clear all the doubts wether you have sleep anea/severe/mild or not

Beastmode

I tried the nasal strip last night and my wife didn't notice any snoring from me. This is the first time in a while.

Will continue the experiment. Whether the snoring comes back or not, I imagine it's a useful tool to help improve sleep at some level.

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
Have you ever taken a sleep apnea test before? There's no harm in having one done imo. Atleast it will clear all the doubts wether you have sleep anea/severe/mild or not

I don't have sleep apnea. I use a iphone sleep monitor, my wife hears me, etc. and I do not stop breathing. I have an extensive background in Buteyko breathing as a coach. I do not have apnea.

Snoring is not equal to apnea. Not at all. People who snore are MORE LIKELY to get sleep apnea.

And as I said, sleep apnea is protective anyway unless it is very severe.

I did lots of things wrong in the beginning, probably why it took me relatively long. I don’t know if it changed, but back when I started Dr. Mew didn‘t really share extensive „how to“s as he wanted people to come to his practice.

Recently I came across this video which I find explains what you actually have to do the best!

I am able to effortlesly rest the full length of the tongue on the roof of the mouth now and it even stays there over night when I sleep.

This guy is legit. He’s the best source of info about mewing/ facial development

I don't have sleep apnea. I use a iphone sleep monitor, my wife hears me, etc. and I do not stop breathing. I have an extensive background in Buteyko breathing as a coach. I do not have apnea.

Snoring is not equal to apnea. Not at all. People who snore are MORE LIKELY to get sleep apnea.

And as I said, sleep apnea is protective anyway unless it is very severe.
So can snoring be like buteyko breathing but while asleep? Since you are getting less oxygen when you snore. But I also remember you saying buteyko made you more hypothyroid and your reasoning seemed pretty plausible.

Also this is how Matthew walker describes sleep apnea according to his book on sleep so although it may increase co2, it doesn’t sound like it’s something that we ever want:

“The experimental results support the finding that men suffering from sleep disorders, especially sleep apnea associated with snoring, have significantly lower levels of testosterone than those of similar age and backgrounds but who do not suffer from a sleep condition.”

“oxygen debt will reflexively force the brain to awaken the child briefly throughout the night so that several full breaths can be obtained, restoring full blood oxygen saturation. However, this prevents the child from reaching and/or sustaining long periods of valuable deep NREM sleep. Their sleep-disordered breathing will impose a state of chronic sleep deprivation, night after night, for months or years on end.”

“getting too little sleep across the adult life span will significantly raise your risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease. Precisely this relationship has now been reported in numerous epidemiological studies, including those individuals suffering from sleep disorders such as insomnia and sleep apnea.”

Excerpt From
Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams
Matthew Walker
This material may be protected by copyright.

baccheion

I noticed my mother's snoring went away when she started 300-500 IU/kg vitamin D3 and 15 mg vitamin K2 MK-4. Also had a multivitamin and magnesium.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals