Tips On Snoring

Beastmode

Thanks for the update! Encouraging to hear they work (when you use them- ha!). I've ordered a supply and we'll see how it goes for my husband (and for me!) As an aside, how do you reasonably incorporate 100+g protein on a typical work day? Can you give a sample daily menu? Thanks!

Here's my intake for today and roughly what I eat most days with variations of course after the 3rd or 4th meal:

When I get all 7 meals in I get over 130 grams of protein and a shitload of calcium.

First 2 meals:
- 14 oz of 1% milk + 2 oz of extra dark roast coffee w/ 3 tbs of sugar

3rd meal:
- 2 large scrambled eggs (get them from the farm) w/ .5 oz of grated parmesan cheese
- Cup of OJ with 5 grams of great lakes gelatin

4th meal:
- fruit smoothie with blue berries and raspberries
- siggy's yogurt (full cup)
- 11 grams of great lakes gelatin
- 2 tsp of honey

5th meal:
- Some form of meat like beef liver, lamb chops or ground beef
- 1 cup of swiss chard (cooked really well)
- 1 cup of beet root
- occasional well cooked white rice

7th meal:
- milk powder pancakes (1/2 cup of milk powder + 1 beat egg + pinch of baking soda)
- strawberries
- syrup
- 8 oz of milk

Last edited:

Kray

Here's my intake for today and roughly what I eat most days with variations of course after the 3rd or 4th meal:

When I get all 7 meals in I get over 130 grams of protein and a shitload of calcium.

First 2 meals:
- 14 oz of 1% milk + 2 oz of extra dark roast coffee w/ 3 tbs of sugar

3rd meal:
- 2 large scrambled eggs (get them from the farm) w/ .5 oz of grated parmesan cheese
- Cup of OJ with 5 grams of great lakes gelatin

4th meal:
- fruit smoothie with blue berries and raspberries
- siggy's yogurt (full cup)
- 11 grams of great lakes gelatin
- 2 tsp of honey

5th meal:
- Some form of meat like beef liver, lamb chops or ground beef
- 1 cup of swiss chard (cooked really well)
- 1 cup of beet root
- occasional well cooked white rice

7th meal:
- milk powder pancakes (1/2 cup of milk powder + 1 beat egg + pinch of baking soda)
- strawberries
- syrup
- 8 oz of milk

Wow, that's pretty amazing. Some great menu ideas! Well, here's to you-- I'm hoping for success with the nasal strips- they should be coming tomorrow!

Just curious-- do you have a demanding job, physically? Or require that much food intake given your body size-- not to get too personal, of course!

Beastmode

Wow, that's pretty amazing. Some great menu ideas! Well, here's to you-- I'm hoping for success with the nasal strips- they should be coming tomorrow!

Just curious-- do you have a demanding job, physically? Or require that much food intake given your body size-- not to get too personal, of course!

Since increasing the calcium, I've noticed the best results. It happens that the calcium sources have a lot of protein in them so it's most likely a combo of them.

I work from home. Chasing my child around is my biggest form of exercise. I actually took all of 2019 off from weight lifting to give myself time to heal. More leisure activities like walking with my family, visiting farms, etc.

My body is finally "asking" again for some more physical activity so I'll be implementing weights back in very soon which I'm sure will help if done properly.

Currently 5'9, 179lbs (male.)

Beastmode

Has anyone tried elevating the head of their bed to see if it helps with reducing snoring?

Wondering if the position will make much of a difference.

Kray

Has anyone tried elevating the head of their bed to see if it helps with reducing snoring?

Wondering if the position will make much of a difference.

To your last post, as well as this one- my husband tried the nose strip first time last night. Snored about 75% less than usual, and when he did make noise, it wasn't nearly as loud. It works! I'm hoping, as you indicated, that less snoring = better sleep = even lesser snoring.

He had a bad head cold a few weeks ago and slept with elevated head. I noticed he snored less then, even though he was nasally congested! So that seems to help, too. If the strips don't completely eliminate the snoring, I may ask him to try the elevation as long as it's a comfortable position long-term.

Thanks again for your helps. I'll share your menu ideas with him, if at least to encourage him to try to eat more during the day. He's all over the place during the day and doesn't have a consistent meal time or place to eat which makes it difficult at times.

Beastmode

To your last post, as well as this one- my husband tried the nose strip first time last night. Snored about 75% less than usual, and when he did make noise, it wasn't nearly as loud. It works! I'm hoping, as you indicated, that less snoring = better sleep = even lesser snoring.

He had a bad head cold a few weeks ago and slept with elevated head. I noticed he snored less then, even though he was nasally congested! So that seems to help, too. If the strips don't completely eliminate the snoring, I may ask him to try the elevation as long as it's a comfortable position long-term.

Thanks again for your helps. I'll share your menu ideas with him, if at least to encourage him to try to eat more during the day. He's all over the place during the day and doesn't have a consistent meal time or place to eat which makes it difficult at times.

It's taken a lot of experimenting with this to finally get the protein and calcium amount in like this. I'm going to continue keeping track (ask my wife) of my snoring at night to see if it goes away without having to use strips or elevation.

Kray

It's taken a lot of experimenting with this to finally get the protein and calcium amount in like this. I'm going to continue keeping track (ask my wife) of my snoring at night to see if it goes away without having to use strips or elevation.
All the best!