Thyroid Question

peatra

Hi all - It's been a long time since I've been on the forum, so I have to apologize for asking an obvious question. When you stop keeping up, the answers aren't always so obvious! I recently had a miscarriage at almost 9 weeks. While miscarriages are common, it is statistically anomalous to have a miscarriage once you have a confirmed fetal heart beat at 8 weeks, so I have been looking into possibilities. I noticed that my TSH was over 3, when pregnancy guidelines for the first trimester suggest you should not be over 2.5. I am devastated and so frustrated that once again, an abnormal result was not flagged by my doctor due to labs using less than current reference ranges. I am going to make an appointment with a Shomon-recommended endocrinologist, but given my experience with the medical system I don't want to rely on getting appropriate treatment this way. I remember that last time I was here t3 sources were disappearing. Is there anywhere I can still acquire pharmaceutical (not homebrewed) t3? Thank you so much for your time and help.

denise

Hi all - It's been a long time since I've been on the forum, so I have to apologize for asking an obvious question. When you stop keeping up, the answers aren't always so obvious! I recently had a miscarriage at almost 9 weeks. While miscarriages are common, it is statistically anomalous to have a miscarriage once you have a confirmed fetal heart beat at 8 weeks, so I have been looking into possibilities. I noticed that my TSH was over 3, when pregnancy guidelines for the first trimester suggest you should not be over 2.5. I am devastated and so frustrated that once again, an abnormal result was not flagged by my doctor due to labs using less than current reference ranges. I am going to make an appointment with a Shomon-recommended endocrinologist, but given my experience with the medical system I don't want to rely on getting appropriate treatment this way. I remember that last time I was here t3 sources were disappearing. Is there anywhere I can still acquire pharmaceutical (not homebrewed) t3? Thank you so much for your time and help.
Since you've been gone a while, perhaps you haven't seen that haidut has released several thyroid products?
Tyronene - a T3-only product
TyroMix - a T4/T3 combo in a 2:1 ratio
TyroMax - a liquid NDT product

I can personally recommend the TyroMix. I haven't used the other two.

Have you considered progesterone, as well? Or heard of Katharina Dalton? In a 3-hr long interview with Peat about progesterone, he talks about her work and about how high-dose progesterone was highly protective of pregnancy and also led to very smart, healthy babies.

A link to part one of the interview:

I think he talks about Dalton in the 2nd part. And it just so happens that haidut has a progesterone supplement as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals